Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amarjot

Some Questions For Pre Users....

Problems-

One major problem which i have already discovered is once the battery reaches half there is a very quick drain .....

And the Screen comes on after every 15 seconds and remains on for 5 seconds and goes off, which i suspect is also a reason for battery drain.

Also could be cause i bought it used.

Trying to buy extra battery and car charger from amazon or ebay...

Leaving for mumbai, have a kind of a deal set up to exchange my iphone 8gb (by the way excellent condition) for a 32 gb iphone 3gs. Only thing that may stop me would be the good things i have heard about the Nexus One... Specially the voice recognisiton software on it.

Besides that any one have an idea how to delete Sprint applications in the pre.

Good stuff

by far one of the best phones i have used, and i have used huge numbers since Outgoing was 17 Rs a minute.

have an iphone 8 gb which is what you expect, but the palm's silkiness with which it just sails through is what impressed me.

Yet to get used to it so still trying to learn things... Thanks to Doc's reviews etc really helped.

Camera is not bad at all...

Wifi works like my laptop excellent...

Who said the Pre lacks applications comparred to iphone maybe other wise there's no lack of it.

Most imp, ability to multi task.... Wow...

Except i still gotto figure out using reliance's internet service even basic one...

More later.. Please let me know the screen coming on and off is experienced by anyone else.

JUST use webos doctor 1.4.11

and flash your pre again with 1.4.1.1 firmware

the problem will be solved of screen coming every 5secs

Have POSTED the same in the other Palm Post, so please ignore if you have read this already.

Finally managed,

to use webos doctor 1.4.11

as in the beginning everytime i switched off the phone and connected with PC using Windows XP, my phone would come on (which takes like good 3-4 minutes), and start charging.

Anyway managed to use webOS it automatically did what it had to BUT

ON RESTART IT TRIED TO CONNECT TO SERVICES 5 times..

And IS NOT connecting...

"ACTIVATION ERROR"

you may need to activate your phone by going to www.sprint.com/activate.

You'll need HEX MEID:A1#############EA

Does this mean i have to go back to WEB WORLD and tell them to re activate ( as they do have the HEX MEID number)..

And after that do i need to flash my pre again with 1.4.1.1 firmware.

^^^

Just flash with activation bypass rom from treo8.

Also from where reliance WW come in picture, have u purchased from them,

all these settings should be done by your seller for first time only.

if you have done hard reset and your original meid came back, then you need to program you PRE to reliance meid/esn.

better contact your seller.

Download 1.4.1.1 treo 8 v2 rom linked by Tushar here

I had the same issue of palm profile when using the official 1.4.1.1 rom so i flashed the 1.4.1.1 treo8 rom (v1) which worked for me. V1 didn't work for Tushar, who then used v2 ROM which is working fine.

Offcourse, if your m e i d is registered with rcom then its best that you talk to your seller first.

Hi,

although reliance is not s seller, but My phone's MEID IS registered with them... very few phones like this, the reason why i bought it is because it was registered with them,

So last time i visted them to activate it.

But thanks Ami and Hitesh, i am downloading from Tushar's link and will first try to re flash it. As i live in a small town in HP i will have to visit chandigarh WW if i have to.

but i hope i can solve it..

It is showing me the MEID no on the screen, so lets see how it goes..

Absolutley appreciate the quick replies.

^^^

If your MEID is reg with Reliance then you dont have to worry at all.

just flash the treo8 whch you are downloading and activate your rsn with your number,

dont mind me asking, hitesh but how do i do that...

is there a link to a step by step guide...

i have downloaded a 200 mb file palmpre_cdma_rom_1.4.1.1_bypass-treo8v2.

it has 3 files

com

Meta-INF

resources

there is no launcher or anything..

thanks, can i call you tomorrow anytime...

just make my phone work..

I even used companion links usb to transfer all numbers that went okay but all the memos and and any new numbers i store dont get synced back to palm desktop... That will be the next thing i have to figure out, once the phone starts working again.

^^ There is no need to unzip or extract files from the JAR ! You need to run the jar by double clicking on it (requires that you have java installed - if not then go to java.sun.com and install java and check that its working. After that double clicking the jar should automatically run it and bring up the application)

Once that works, you need to connect your pre in the usb/flash mode. For this, switch off then switch on while holding volume up button - you should instantly see a black screen with big usb icon. Connect your pre to PC before doing this. YOu may need to try this 2-3 times before you get the usb icon on pre.

Now run the jar and follow instructions.

Hope that helps. I know its frustrating when your phone isn't working !

As ami said, just run the JAR file as a java executable file (normally WinRAR take over this extension, you have to remove this from WinRAR)

just follow the on screen instructions and you are done.

HI,

Earlier i used webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar and java immediately picked it up.

i have now downloaded from two different locations that tushar's links provided.

They are zipped files so on unzipping

They show as palmpre_cdma_rom_1.4.1.1_bypass-treo8v2 in it there are 3 folders

1. com

2. Meta-INF

3. resources

The first 2 seem irrelevant as they contain .class files but the 3rd folder contains besides .png,.html files they also carry the following-

desktopinstallers.config

recoverytool.config

ps.palmws.com

NovacomInstaller_x64.msi

NovacomInstaller_x86.msi

webOS.tar (zipped)

sprint.tar (zipped)

NovacomInstaller.pkg.tar.gz (zipped)

after connecting phone which file do i run...

Got the .jar file from the last link provided by tushar... so here goes nothing...

DONE!!! with errors...

Got the big USB sign after connecting to PC,

ran the palmpre_cdma_rom_1.4.1.1_bypass-treo8v2

It did something with Novacom,

then screen said disabled

then window opened asking me to connect the phone and press next (even though the phone is connected).

I pressed next..

On computer screen a phone with green arrow pointing down shows and it says dont disconnect your phone..

As for the phone itself, till 4% the USB sign shows..

then small palm comes written (like the one when we switch the phone on)

then a chip/processor photo comes with a yellow arrow pointed down towards it on the phone itslef...

But after 84% is done, on the pC i get a message " we were unable to reset your phone. Please go to palm support for help".

And on the phone the picture of processor/chip remains..

If i remove the connection and remove the battery and restart the phone, phone comes on with all the required pages, but no connection, not even a cross on the network sign.

Any ideas...

Everything is normal till the 84% error. I think muffy or hitesh may be able to resolve, I have not faced this problem.

I can only suggest that maybe you should try the flashing at least once more. Also, first check that your voice network is set to automatic and not sprint (dialer > Preferences)

• Like 1

getting error after 80-84% is normal while flashing treo8,

but you should get network at lest sprint roaming should come.

after flashing, what you see on the left hand top corner. any name or anything written in that area?

• Like 1

i dont understand whats the "BIG FUSS " in just loading a webos rom

its one of most easy things to do

well here is what happens when u load webos

1-14% - battery and java checks

15%-66% - actual loading of rom

66% - all MD5 checks and nv restore

so that means any error after 66% is not going to harm your device in anyways

now for network problem

check in prefernces network to automatic

OR

just download any 1.4 webos from treo8 or from 51pda.cn

load it enable data

then do ota update to 1.4.11 and everything will be working

Edited by Mufaddal
  • Like 1

Am actually getting tired of saying thanks to you mufaddal,

but guys thanks a ton, all issues solved .............. for now.

Have gone through the phone,

Can make calls

Can receive calls

Can send messages

Can access internet trough wireless

Web browzer works.

BUT

I thought after all that i get to setup a new profile etc nothing.

I enter password if i try backup it does not connect

I i try UPDATE it just says checking for updates nothing happens

Finally to try and use CL backup to get my numbers and memos back from palm desktop, which i have to download from APP CATALOG , it opens for a second and then i get the message "the action could not be completed. Try again later".

Is there any link to a step by step guide instead of troubling you all again and again.

^^ Before running CL USB app on the PRE you have to First run the desktop version after connecting PRE in USB Drive mode > CL USB then copies the outlook or palm desktop data to pre usb drive. Then you run the CL USB app on pre and it picks up the contacts etc from the usb drive folder.

Also check that you have installed CL USB and not the other CL apps which do wireless sync through their servers. Instructions are there on CL website.

Hi AMI,

i cant even log on to app catalog since i flashed my phone,

have tried different networks,

App catlog opens for a second and then just gives an error an exclamation mark and below it says " the action could not be completed. Try again later."

Any ideas?

^^ Yes, even i have faced problems with app catalog - either 'this action could not be completed' or 'this app can not be installed on this version' (or something similar). However, in my case this problem is there since i bought the phone when it was on 1.3.5.

Also, sometimes or some apps install without a problem through app catalog - very strange.

I usually use Preware to install apps or use WOSQI. However, for some apps (i think from palm catalog feed) preware opens up appcatalog when i click install and I get the same error. For example i am trying to update maptool and it opens up app catalog and fails.

Maybe Muffy or some other guru can throw more light on this ? Whether it happens to everyone using treo8 roms or does it happen because of data etc. ?

Till then, if you need IPKs for any app to install through WOSQI, ask me - I have got a GB of IPKs for all types of apps etc. downloaded from this forum or from WOSQI etc.

make sure u are signed into palm profile when u use app catalogue

these treo roms are mostly for people running palm pre in china

they run it in esn only mode and not on meid like us

palm profile needs meid for registration and thats why these treo roms use qinray patch for app catalogue to work

yup that was the problem.

Logged in and alls well.

Now am gonna try your posts on data setting etc.

Thanks ...... again.

I have been asking this all over with no answers, if the pre can work... will PRE PLUS work with relaince.... have you any experience with the pre plus.

yes pre plus will work with reliance

@Amarjot:

How do you log in to palm profile ? I tried going into app catalog>preferences>add account and then gave my profile passwd. Is that the correct way ? or i've to log in from somewhere else ?

Also, can i add credit card to buy apps ? (not that there's anything worth buying which isn't here on rimweb. just askin..) I am asking because it gives only us mexico canada options for location so i don't think we can add indian address credit cards.