Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Review Of Palm Pixi

@Muffi, his Pixi is running on E$N mode. so I am keeping it as easy as possible.

doesnt matter if its running on esn or meid mode

the steps i mentioned wont brick the pixi/pre , as sometimes phone needs to be reset to fix some apps or issues , no phone can do without reset

so its all safe

just donot use offiicial sprint webos dcotor to update pixi/pre

How to load ipk files???

So I don't brick my pixi

How to load ipk files???

So I don't brick my pixi

IPKs are just s/w packages for apps & games etc, they won't brick your pixie or pre in any way.

Read through the 3D games & apps thread started by Muffy for details and to download the IPKs. Ask me if you need anything reuploaded (if links are dead)

You can download webosquickinstall (WOSQI) to install IPKs from your PC to the Pre. It needs a webosdoctor image to be there in its folder, so ensure that you put only treo8 rom image there (though it will never really need to reset the phone, it just keeps that as a precaution)

Also you'll need to install palm usb drivers before WOSQI - details are in the thread called 'getting 1x data on pre' by muffy (who else ?)

Install PreWare to install homebrew apps and other IPKs also directly from the Pre (though downloads would be slow on 1X)

I would also suggest you to read through webos-internals.org just to understand the whole system and avoid wasting time later.

Edited by ami1

i'm facing a strange issue on PIXI. I hear noice during voice calls. When the other person speaks, i hear some noice. However, my voice is clear to the other person. I tested the speaker phone and other sounds/music are fine. Its only during the voice calls i face this issue. Anyone else facing this problem?

Barish ke pani se bacha ke rakho

well, its brand new phone and didn't put it in rain/water or anything. This seems to be a common problem with PIXI as per other forums. I think webos 1.3.5.* is the culprit.

http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Hardware/Pixi-Echo-or-Feedback-Issue/td-p/256724

Couldn't find a solution yet on the net. Any idea? do I ned to upgrade to web os 1.4?

Hitesh bhai, my pixi is noisy. Even through the preferences--ineractives tests, i hear noise in the background. Its worse during calls. Do you think I got a damaged/refurbished handset?

I've chatted with Palm's support executive and he says it could be a problem with the mic/speaker. What can be done now? please help.

I think u need to check out with good mobile repair shop, its seems to be a speaker problem,

@chaitanya ping me on Gtalk, will try WebOS 1.4 

try upgradng first

if not solved

then it might be hardware issue with mic

Thanks for your support guys...

I actually gave the mobile to a known mobile repair shop today morning. I just collected it. They said the phone earpiece(not the headset/jack)is bad and replaced it(500/-). The problem is now gone. I took back the defective ear piece(its a small chip kind of thing). It written "AAC 09112" at the back of the chip.

one again, thanks parin, hitesh & mufaddal, for trying to help me out...

:Sorprendido:

Great

Happy Pixing

@chaitanya  i will pay that charges, or get discount on next purchase

• Like 1

Nah....don't bother Hitesh, I see it as a manufacturing defect and don't wanna hold you responsible for it. Anyways, thanks for your offer :).

@chaitanya i will pay that charges, or get discount on next purchase

We seem to have some really exceptional sellers here !

Your brand is now more dependable than any phone manufacturer i think. One can go with any of your items with eyes closed. GREAT.

Guys

I am not able to connect Conference Calls on the Pixi...My Boss is getting Pissed of with my phone, :sos:

Can someone pls guide me with this, Hitesh is off to Holiday and I do not wish to disturb him, till then I guess Muffadal Saab can help me somehow, I again missed a special set from him today :'( maybe he can help me with this as a consolation

Rohit, It looks like we must have this feature enabled from reliance. Cos when we add a call the previous call goes to hold mode.

@handler I was the one who explained it for treo 755 here, i still use the same number dear....its been 8 years since i started using concalls....funny thing is I have not been able to solve it with the sexy pixi

Edited by rohitgaur

pixi coming back in hand again, will test and update u.

@parin can u test the same ?

Edited by ::Hitesh::

@Parin/Hitesh

Any success with Concall facility..Please help with it

@ parin, @Hitesh,

I am a newbie here! and am really interested in PIXI, can you all please help me with following issues?:

1. Do we get any support for PALM handsets in India?

2. Can we get data services on PALM-PIXI from Reliance?

3. Can we have conference calls on PIXI on Reliance network?

4. What is cheapest data plan I can get from Reliance?

5. Can I get my existing Reliance CDMA number ported to new PIXI I buy?

6. How is the sound quality of PIXI?

Please respond!

AKS

Guys , I am not able to update the Webos on my Pixi which is running on 1.3.5 :sos: When I click on updates , it is taking forever to complete the same, Can anyone pls guide me on this

@ parin, @Hitesh,

I am a newbie here! and am really interested in PIXI, can you all please help me with following issues?:

1. Do we get any support for PALM handsets in India?   NO

2. Can we get data services on PALM-PIXI from Reliance?  YES

3. Can we have conference calls on PIXI on Reliance network?  NEED TO BE TESTED !

4. What is cheapest data plan I can get from Reliance?  Check Their website ! (or catch me on gtalk)

5. Can I get my existing Reliance CDMA number ported to new PIXI I buy? YES

6. How is the sound quality of PIXI? GOOD !!

Please respond!

AKS

@Rohit,

Download any ROM from Treo8, 

it will be JAR file (java )

just double click it , and it will start RUU like interface .

connect your phone in downloader mode, and install the rom

before all this take backup !!