Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel

Mobile Internet Help for browsing on HTC Phone

May I please humbly ask about what data plan is best for HTC Touch Pro?

There are problems with NUC and stuff with most of the plans.

So how are rest of the guys using their HTC phones for browsing?

Are there any unlimited plans or are there any limited plans in which we don't have to pay extra NUC other than the plan rental?

Any Specific settings as such?

Any Information will be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

if you are reliance postpaid user try to get

windows mobile plan

windows mobile plan

Yes i heard about that but they give very low monthly allowance...

Is there no other option?

What do you guys use for data plans?

windows mobile plan

What is windows mobile plan from Reliance? Sorry google did not help.

^^^

Look here

But for this plan they want the IMEI no of the phone to activate.

Since we use phones are not bought from Reliance

they also create problem to activate, hope it resolves when 3g comes

welll if u have reliance postpaid you can get this plan

Any other plan? What about the mobile internet plan.. What are the correct proxy settings to be used so that i will get charged according to the plan (50p per MB) and not (5p per 10kb)

Any other plan? What about the mobile internet plan.. What are the correct proxy settings to be used so that i will get charged according to the plan (50p per MB) and not (5p per 10kb)

popularly there are two options to use net on htc.

either you are charged per minute with netconnect.

or you can opt for charged as per kb with rworld.(remove proxy settings in connection for using all services)

you can find the cab files on this forum easily.

or you can opt for charged as per kb with rworld.(remove proxy settings in connection for using all services)

I know those two methods actually.. My question was a little different..

There are mobile internet plans in Rworld. I can access Rworld and I can also subscribe to the Mobile Internet Plans. The only issue I only get billed for the 50p per MB scheme a few times. The rest of the time I am billed according to 5p for 10kb. I am not pretty sure how i can get billed exclusively according to 50p per MB scheme. I hope I am being myself clear and making my point as less obscure as possible.

I use proxy settings.

With or without proxy setting I get billed for 5p per 10kb which i am not interested in. And I know for sure it is possible to get billed according to the mobile internet plans but don't know just how.

Edited by Angel

use same settings for the both type of connections, but different name. i am using Reliance NetConnect for net and "My ISP" for connecting pro to PC... but the username and password are exactly same..

or u may contact CC for the same.

by the how u r browsing rworld.. i nver got on my touch and even on pro..

use same settings for the both type of connections, but different name. i am using Reliance NetConnect for net and "My ISP" for connecting pro to PC... but the username and password are exactly same..

or u may contact CC for the same.

by the how u r browsing rworld.. i nver got on my touch and even on pro..

Username - CoolPad2938@wap.relianceinfo.com

Password - TY258pjhgt

Dial number - #777

Proxy address - wapgw.ricinfo.com

port - 8080

go to wap.rworld.co.in from internet explorer.. rworld should work..

Do you get billed according to 50p per MB plan? or is it just the normal case..

I know those two methods actually.. My question was a little different..

There are mobile internet plans in Rworld. I can access Rworld and I can also subscribe to the Mobile Internet Plans. The only issue I only get billed for the 50p per MB scheme a few times. The rest of the time I am billed according to 5p for 10kb. I am not pretty sure how i can get billed exclusively according to 50p per MB scheme. I hope I am being myself clear and making my point as less obscure as possible.

I use proxy settings.

With or without proxy setting I get billed for 5p per 10kb which i am not interested in. And I know for sure it is possible to get billed according to the mobile internet plans but don't know just how.

i think when u download something u will be billed at 50p /mb but when u surf a website then it will be 5p/10kb, using ur phone based programs to get mail etc also goes to the download quota maybe but not sure. the customer care guy said that downloads will go to the mb limit quota and surfing will be charged at nuc plus the kb used on each page. this is very confusing and a person who takes any plan simply cannot calculate how much he will eventually pay. it will be Rs5/mb NUC in addition to the amount u use from your quota or 50p/mb. i am still trying to figure this out as i understand the idiot sitting at CC doesnt even know for sure what he is saying. are u sure u get billed the NUC without proxy also? please confirm this as i was thinking if u disable proxy u wont be charged the NUC?

I lodged a couple of complaints. Sent around 4 mails to customer care. No response and no use. I am not using my phone for browsing at all. Just because of the provider such a waste of the phone's brilliance.

When I asked about the Windows Mobile plans they are saying its not there. Its been discontinued.. Oh goodness..

When all other providers have data plans why not this bunch of losers. Can't even change my provider since I have a cdma phone.

@angel you have to use your mobile as uname and password then only it iwll work.. all other uname are now working for almost a week.

Check this thread..

everybodyis facing problem. n yes u are charge 50p/minute.

Hi,

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

I have recently purchased my HTC touh Diamond (alltel) from Saddik, have tried to configure my internet setting but have had no luck in getting my internet started.

I m using mighty rom

Tried alll thats mentioned here, like

Applying the Rworld. cab

Reliance Data

HTC_Guardian

Changed settings in EPST to Simple IP only

But still am not able to use internet.

PLs help me.

Thanks in advance

God Bless all