Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

My Articles On Android In Ht-City On 07-12-2010 & 28-07-2010

Great Article dHEERAJ bhai ...tum toh chaye gaye .....pure Meerut main .... :yes::cheer::whistle::clap1:

congrats man.

20100802_111504_ssjm0803android90_300.jpg

Google's Android overtaking BlackBerry and iPhone

By Christopher Dawson | August 2, 2010, 11:22pm PDT

I'll admit it…I was a CrackBerry addict. I used my old Curve until the little letters were all rubbed off and the trackball was a big gummy mess. I could thumb-type with the best of them. And then I got my Droid Incredible. Buh-Bye BlackBerry. There was, quite frankly, no comparison. It appears that significant numbers of the smartphone users in the US felt the same way, according to new Nielsen research released yesterday.

Before the flames from devoted iPhone users start, though, let me throw out this nugget from the Silicon Valley Mercury News:

"Android and iPhone are eating into both Microsoft and RIM," [Roger Entner, head of telecom research for Nielsen] said in an interview Monday. "There isn't really a lot of (consumer) movement going on between Android and Apple. They are both just eating away at the competition."

While Android phones sold faster than iPhones in the second quarter of 2010, iPhones sales are severely handicapped by single-vendor sales; Android phones are available on all major carriers in the US, making direct comparisons difficult and leaving a whole lot of marketing ahead of Android. However, what isn't difficult to see is that once users experience either Android or iOS, it becomes mighty difficult to go back to the BlackBerry.

Of course, many businesses have built expensive communications infrastructure around BlackBerry Enterprise Server, making other phones a tough sell to these companies. Ultimately, though, user demand and compelling features will drive business devision-making. In smaller businesses, where BES is far less likely to be deployed, there aren't many reasons to stick with RIM's products when Android and iOS devices do so much more, so much better.

The real takeaway from the Nielsen research is that Google was right. Mobile is the future of the Web, Android will be at the center of mobile (along with iOS), and Google is going to make another fortune. I'll let others debate whether RIM can compete in this new smartphone landscape. What I do know is that there is probably no better example of the consumerization of IT than the explosion of Android (and iOS…can't forget iOS) phones in the enterprise and the willingness of diehard BlackBerry users to dump their phones in favor of slick devices with Cupertino and Mountainview seals of approval.

Christopher Dawson grew up in Seattle, back in the days of pre-antitrust Microsoft, coffeeshops owned by something other than Starbucks, and really loud, inarticulate music. He escaped to the right coast in the early 90's and received a degree in Information Systems from Johns Hopkins University. While there, he began a career in health and educational information systems, with a focus on clinical trials and related statistical programming and database modeling. This focus led him to several positions at Johns Hopkins, then to a large biotech company in Cambridge, and finally, to his own consulting business. Now, he lives with his wife, five kids, a dog, and too many chickens in a small town in north-central Massachusetts where he spent several years teaching and managing technology in his local school district. Now he is a consultant and freelance writer in the areas of educational technology and web-based information systems. He writes a fair amount about his chickens, too. 427576-60-42.jpg

Edited by dkaile

@Hetal case ka kya hua?

Private settlement kiya kya with @DK

lol

HT City main aayega?

Edited by vishalsheth

Android ka jump mast hai.. I think after Eclair we can see it sky-rocketed.. also many devices run Android (HTC, Samsung, LG, etc), whereas other OS are used only by the respective organizations in their phones...

Android is best...

RIM OS is old...Mufaddal sahi kehta hai...

BlackBerry = MS DOS

Android = Windows7

LOL.

Our EPIC 4G once again in the news in today's HT-City; don't mind the expletives used by Astha for me....

7bt0.jpg

post-18748-0-41694500-1291693852_thumb.j

Edited by dkaile

Wah technology master w ah

I loved the phrase "Technology Master" along with Businessman.. it feels awesome to have a beautiful person on our forum.. :)

Dhirajbhai... lage raho.....

:clap::thumb::clap1::cheer: dhiraj kalle... Edited by KumaarShah

^

lolz... pakad liya tumne Shah ji...

Dhiraj Bhai....bahut SURKHIYON mein ho aajkal.....chhaye huve ho HT CITY mein.....Bahut charche ho rahe hain aajkal apke. Good to see you in HT. :)

Dhiraj ji, I was Googleing for an online edition of HT to read the whole article. It turned futile, can you post a link, if available :)

And congrats :D It is a real honour to be with you in the forum.

^

it seems, the online link to the Meerut Edition is not available; and as such this has appeared only in the Meerut Edition of HT-City... something's better than nothing, I guess...

just searching for android platforms and stumbled upon this....

can be seen by android newbees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28operating_system%29#Update_history

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28operating_system%29#Update_history"

enjoy

i m so insppired that

switching to htc incredible..........