Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

TATA Indicom Reintroduces Internet Packs

Can anybody tell me whether this pack works with userid and password as 'internet' also?

NO, It is NOT working.. I mean if you use internet as userid, then you will be charged at 40p/min (depending on plan)... The usage doesn't use the 1GB pack... I am telling this from my experience.. Hope this helps..

@KanagaDeepan: So whats the setting to use 1GB for Rs.43 for tata

@KanagaDeepan: So whats the setting to use 1GB for Rs.43 for tata

Find it at post number 11

TataIndicom has hiked the tariff of internet packs in the prepaid section.

The new tariff for prepaid packs are as follows:

Rs. 5 (1 Day) 15 MB :: Rs. 12 (3 Days) 40 MB :: Rs. 33 (15 Days) 115 MB :: Rs. 43 (30 Days) 150 MB :: Rs. 94 (60 Days) 350 MB :: Rs. 320 (90 Days) 1024 MB

Now a meagre 150MB will be available with Rs. 43 recharge. Fortnight pack of Rs. 33 gives only 115 MB. And 1GB costs Rs. 320 :Equivocado:

The postpaid tariff remains to be the same as it was launched:

Rs. 43 30 Days 1 GB

Rs. 94 30 Days 2.5 GB

@KanagaDeepan: So whats the setting to use 1GB for 43 for tata

Find it at post number 11

Its for Windows mobile

what about android settings?

Uninor is charging only Rs. 24 for 1GB, Rs. 47 for 2.5 GB and Rs. 90 for 6 GB. Moreover, fro social networking sites 30MB is also free benefit.

While everybody is reducing tariff, TataIndicom is hiking its data tariff :NOTriste:

Even Tata is not hostile in GSM.

:previous:

Full Internet can be accessed with these WAP plans. I used it considerably on NOKIA 6255/6275 and currently using it on a regular basis on hTc Touch with postpaid tariff plan.

I access all html websites including banks/rail/gmail;

use my Employer's (Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue) websites [ CBEC or ACES],

download /upload attachments,

access Google map with GPS,

read newspapers in English and also Bangla,

chat with my friends on facebook,

download and watch youtube clips,

check weather data and

read/write on this forum...... all with 1X data only (our place is not covered by Photon+ signal, so no question of using that).

But I couldn't access VOIP (e.g. Skype)on my mobile.

So, is it useless?

Edited by sougatadc

Dear Sougata,

Have a look at the website http://tataindicom.com/tatazone-internet-pack.aspx

One important point which has to be noted is TATA Indicom has changed the default tariff and tariff beyond usage cap to 50p/MB from earlier 10p/10KB. A reduction of close to 2000%.

That could be reason for the hike in the tariff.

What Hetal means is that these plans cannot be used for accessing internet through mobile tethering. Big screens(PC/Laprop) and normal keyboards are always user friendly when compared against the largest mobile screens and keypads(available in smartphones).

Edited by kesav

Dear Sougata,

Have a look at the website http://tataindicom.com/tatazone-internet-pack.aspx

One important point which has to be noted is TATA Indicom has changed the default tariff and tariff beyond usage cap to 50p/MB from earlier 10p/10KB. A reduction of close to 2000%.

That could be reason for the hike in the tariff.

Dear Kesav,

I also noticed that.

But that cannot be a plea to hike the tariff. This is not ethical. Snatching Rs. 320 from customers for 1GB (that too 1X data) is too much.

Thank God, I'm on postpaid. I'll enjoy cheap tariff both below and beyond the usage cap.

@Sougata the Title says Internet plan Internet means full 65535 port Access WAP means only 80 / 8080 / 9012 port HTML Browsing Access through proxy server but all Email . push email / Social Network Android Market will not work

@Sougata the Title says Internet plan Internet means full 65535 port Access WAP means only 80 / 8080 / 9012 port HTML Browsing Access through proxy server but all Email . push email / Social Network Android Market will not work

I use 8080 on it. Push email I never require. Social Network is accessible, I can go for classic view or mobile view of Facebook. I also chat on facebook.

I listed above the access I enjoy with WAP. I face little problem with this for surfing the net on mobile.

Tata might have named these packs as Internet packs, but I've activated it and use WAP, and my itemized bill shows I've used Internet and it gives a list of the innumerable webpages I've visited along with other details like usage amount etc. I'm charged as per Internet Plan's tariff only.

Tethering is not allowed with these packs. It is clearly written in the terms & conditions.

Edited by sougatadc

Uninor is charging only Rs. 24 for 1GB, Rs. 47 for 2.5 GB and Rs. 90 for 6 GB. Moreover, fro social networking sites 30MB is also free benefit.

While everybody is reducing tariff, TataIndicom is hiking its data tariff :NOTriste:

Even Tata is not hostile in GSM.

Common on my dear friend, EDGE is no match for CDMA 1X.

You might have never used most of the applications in your list if you were in EDGE.

So obviously CDMA 1X will priced higher than EDGE for better user experience.

Common on my dear friend, EDGE is no match for CDMA 1X.

You might have never used most of the applications in your list if you were in EDGE.

So obviously CDMA 1X will priced higher than EDGE for better user experience.

I agree fully with you, my dear Kesav.

I've used GPRS/EDGE of BSNL, TataDoCoMo (2G), RGSM and AirTel or even BSNL 3G.

My 1X is far better (in terms of stability and avilability), be it at home or in roaming, in towns/cities or in moving train. It seldom disappoints.

Base tariff is 50P/mb and not 10p/10kb. The packs are valid for both 1x and EVDO mobile users. Pack benefits / Tariff remains the same for tethering as well as browsing on handset.

Good News

Offers Available

Prepaid Packs

KEYWORD TO BE SENT TO 12524

DATA PACK VALIDITY USAGE CAP AUTO-RENEWAL USAGE AFTER OVERFLOW

DB 5 Rs 5 1 Day 15 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 12 Rs 12 3 Days 40 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 33 Rs 33 15 Days 115 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 43 Rs 43 30 Days 150 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 94 Rs 94 60 Days 350 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 320 Rs 320 90 Days 1024 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

Auto-Renewal functionality currently not available, will come in effect from 1st January 2011.

Customer after activating these packs can enjoy free usage on Tatazone Internet Browsing and for internet access on his Laptop/PC using phone as a modem. Free usage is applicable till max usage cap.

So Getting 1GB at Rs320.

No way to Go for Reliance. Even MTS is coming with Free browsing on phone.

Edited by me_saket

:previous:

Really a fantastic change. Now they allow mobile tethering with these packs.

http://www.tataindicom.com/tatazone-internet-pack.aspx

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS:: Due to oversight still they've not deleted "3. The internet usage with the pack corresponds to only the services offered on WAP and BREW platforms and not for offline internet usage i.e. usage of handset as modem." from Terms & Conditions. Hope they rectify it to avoid confusion.

Me_saket, have you tried this pack or activated any one of them???

Good News

Offers Available

Prepaid Packs

KEYWORD TO BE SENT TO 12524

DATA PACK VALIDITY USAGE CAP AUTO-RENEWAL USAGE AFTER OVERFLOW

DB 55 1 Day 15 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 1212 3 Days 40 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 3333 15 Days 115 MB No 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 4343 30 Days 150 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 9494 60 Days 350 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

DB 320320 90 Days 1024 MB Yes 50 Paisa/1 MB

Auto-Renewal functionality currently not available, will come in effect from 1st January 2011.

Customer after activating these packs can enjoy free usage on Tatazone Internet Browsing and for internet access on his Laptop/PC using phone as a modem. Free usage is applicable till max usage cap.

So Getting 1GB at Rs320.

No way to Go for Reliance. Even MTS is coming with Free browsing on phone.

Dear Friends, Above plans are common for 1X and EVDO and the same can be used for tethering too in both modes.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i had activated Rs5 plan

But i was being chagred for thethering , and using phone as modem.

Not able to check EVDO, bcoz sim was non-omh.

But handset browsing was free upto given limit.

With TI prepaid we can know the past five data charges by smsing 'data' to 12524.

Is there any way to check total data consumed and the remaining balance? We can get the same easily in other telecos by requesting *111#, *123#, etc

CC as usual is helpless. :angry:

@kartik

No way, not even network engg who can come in contact with customer, don't have these details.

just check by urself or pay After free usage is finished.

Kesav bhai I have registered at their website long time back. It is particularly helpful as we can check the past 10 deductions, prepaid balance, date of last recharge, activate/deactivate DND, progress of user requests.

The option to check data usage leads to a new window where we have to key in the 'Start date' and 'End date'. It wont display any results! It even shows the default data tariff wrongly as 1rs/1Mb when pan India the one applicable is 50p/1Mb.

They got some serious homework to do :):(