Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ks2004

R-Connect on LG 6130

I have a 6130. R-connect installer cannot detect the phone during installation. I have checked the virtual COM port created by the Prolific driver, that is perfect. Infact LG sync software works perfectly.

I have tried using USB as well as COM software for the phone, but either ways the phone does not get detected.

The LG Synch software works absolutely perfectly. Can it happen that a cable supports one set fo functions and not the other.

The add remove programs shows the LG modem installed.

For reference i'm giving complete details

Phone LG 6130

Cable USB ( Baazee not web world)

Drivers Prolific 2303, LG modem drivers

Any help on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

ks2004

Please mention which Operating System you are using.

Did u power on the phone and connect to the cable during installation?

it needs to be powered off first.install the cable drivers,power off ur fone.

power on your phone when only the installation requests u to do so.now power on and connect the cable and immeditaley, the phone will be detected and will be installed as a modem :angry:

Did u power on the phone and connect to the cable during installation?

it needs to be powered off first.install the cable drivers,power off ur fone.

power on your phone when only the installation requests u to do so.now power on and connect the cable and immeditaley, the phone will be detected and will be installed as a modem :angry:

22763[/snapback]

Ganesh, I just tried that...

shut off the phone

disconnected all cables

ran r-connect installer

and at the correct dialog..i connected the cables and powered on the phone..just as they said...

no change...

one very funny thing happened though before i tried this

theLG desktop lite works absolutely fine, however the LG Link (for ringtones and pictures) does not work...it just worked once by itself and all other times it throws up an error 'recheck ur checking condition'

ks2004

same is the problem with 7230, where modem is supported in some compputer and pc sync in some. As per ASC, drivers are defective.

same is the problem with 7230, where modem is supported in some compputer and pc sync in some. As per ASC, drivers are defective.

22766[/snapback]

stuck :angry:

i need internet during my travel anyhow :(

can somebody please help :(

Does the setup detect the phone and show the ERROR when it started to install the drivers?

Or it doesnt detect the phone?

Cauz i've faced such problem every time when i installed patches and updates in Win XP and after that tried to install RConnect driver.

It always show ERROR after detecting the phone and never installed the drivers.

Only option i hv is to repair my XP using bootable CD.

and after that no problem!

Does the setup detect the phone and show the ERROR when it started to install the drivers?

Or it doesnt detect the phone?

Cauz i've faced such problem every time when i installed patches and updates in Win XP and after that tried to install RConnect driver.

It always show ERROR after detecting the phone and never installed the drivers.

Only option i hv is to repair my XP using bootable CD.

and after that no problem!

22782[/snapback]

It doesn't detect the phone. I select the COM port and it says phone cannot be found on COM.

In USB installer it says windows wizard will take over ..but hardware found wizard does not appear.

Did u check other phone & cable in ur comp.?

or other h/w (other cables) may cause this problem?

Did u check other phone & cable in ur comp.?

or other h/w (other cables) may cause this problem?

22790[/snapback]

I had Nokia DKU5 drivers on the system on my system.. I just removed all those drivers (SDK, Nokia Suite, DKU5 drivers)

But no luck as yet....I have one spare 2130 phone with a serial cable maybe i should try that...

ks2004

Just tried the RD2130 with the serial cable... IT worked perfectly well...did not need to do anything just went through the installation in a jiffy....

Still left my 6130 problem :)

I have a 6130. R-connect installer cannot detect the phone during installation. I have checked the virtual COM port created by the Prolific driver, that is perfect. Infact LG sync software works perfectly.

I have tried using USB as well as COM software for the phone, but either ways the phone does not get detected.

The LG Synch software works absolutely perfectly. Can it happen that a cable supports one set fo functions and not the other.

The add remove programs shows the LG modem installed.

For reference i'm giving complete details

Phone LG 6130

Cable USB ( Baazee not web world)

Drivers Prolific 2303, LG modem drivers

Any help on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

ks2004

22750[/snapback]

first : (happy birthday to RIMWEB

Congrats to The Administrator and all the members of this forum ...

we have just crossed a landmark by successfully running this forum for the last one year...

Good Luck for the coming days..)

let u try this

go to setting,phone,data setting,data baud select 115,200(this setting i m using on serial cable) :)

let u try this

go to setting,phone,data setting,data baud select 115,200(this setting i m using on serial cable) :)

22831[/snapback]

All this has been done hardknow....I have been tinkering around for a while now....have u got a 6130 working with a serial cable?

ks2004

If u don't hv any option left, Why don't u try to repair ur Win XP as i mentioned in my post!

I think it can solve ur problem and of course no data will be lost.

It will only repair the ERRORS if any, it'll not uninstall any s/w or anything!

So try it!

If u don't hv any option left, Why don't u try to repair ur Win XP as i mentioned in my post!

I think it can solve ur problem and of course no data will be lost.

It will only repair the ERRORS if any, it'll not uninstall any s/w or anything!

So try it!

22860[/snapback]

I have tried installing the modem on Win 98, Win 2k and also on Win XP

so i really do not think reinstalling would work. reinstalling XP with SP2 would be a troublesome operation really

ks2004

Hi KS,

Did you buy the cable from Nisha@IndCables.com via Baazee ? I did the same mistake. My handset is LG 5130, OS is same as yours (Xp) and the problem is also same as yours!! The USB cable worked for LG Sync but not for RConnect. I tried to install the modem alone (without using the RConnect installer); it didn't work either. I could not point to the ser2pl.sys as the driver for any standard modem. WinXP didn't like it ("This location does not contain information about your hardware").

Succeeded in installing the modem using lgusbmodem.sys (I don't really remember the origin of this driver - it is either included in the RConnect installer or I downloaded it from LG site); The LG CDMA modem was added to the list of modems ("Phones and Modems"); But I could not connect using this modem. The dialing phase failed and reported some error.

I understand that this USB cable has a chip from Prolific at its heart; This chip is called RS232 if I remember correctly and it is merely a serial-to-USB port converter and should be able to connect any device that has a serial port (like our LG handset) to a USB port in the computer. I did a web-search and found that many people are successfully using the same Prolific cable/chip for connecting their devices (not just phones) to the computer. But somehow it does not work for our purpose.

Before reading your post (that you tried the cable with other OS like Win98, Win2k) I was thinking that WinXP is the problem (like Vishal said in his posting). After reading your post, I feel that the driver provided with the cable by INDcables must be the faulty part. As the next step, I want to try the device driver for Prolific chip from some other source. But I have not tried this yet because I have (stupidly) sent my cable to INDcables asking for a replacement. I am yet to receive the new cable.

Please try this approach and let me know the result.

mani

Edited by manivannan

;)

I have resently bought LG RD6130 & the datacable from LG auth service station. I tried connecting it to my laptop (DELL ) which has XP Home with SP2. It is detecting the usb cable as a SERIAL PORT & HIGH SPEED SERIAL CONVERTER. It is not detecting the phone as a modem. I tried visiting all web world outlets no one could help me on this. I also visited LG service station even they could not do it on my Laptop. But when they tried on their system with the same set of drivers & same datacable & my phone it readily connected . I do not know which OS they had. I am goin mad with this . Can someone :clap1: me on This.

:)

nice post. i have 6130, USB cable, WINXP with SP-2 & same problem. Dont blame the OS. I using third party cable.

I m returning the cable to the company (bought through local dealer). They offer support on this.(intresting part isn't it)

SO lets see what they say .... will keep u guys updates.

What i understand is .. way this thing works is... THERE is no DIRECT USB-to-PHONE interface. The cable is in 2 parts . USB to serial convertor & then Serial to PHONE adpater.

A serial port is reffered as RS232 . Prolific only makes drivers for USB to RS232 adapter. Heance prolific drivers will only make a virtual com port (com4 or com5).

Now if the cable is faulty, the CDMA MODEM will not be detected & heance you may have problems conneting to modem through the cable. (even though u think that its working since you have installed PROLIFIC 2303 drivers)

EXPERTS:- IF i there is something wrong or missing... plz correct me & update my knowledge.

let u try this

go to setting,phone,data setting,data baud select 115,200(this setting i m using on serial cable) ;)

22831[/snapback]

All this has been done hardknow....I have been tinkering around for a while now....have u got a 6130 working with a serial cable?

ks2004

22834[/snapback]

yes 6130 is working well in serial cable.but one thing i guess that r connect software only detect original usb data cable not third party because it need usb converter driver supplied by lg.i have don all the experiments downloaded the driver for prolific usb cable and install succsesfuly both 98 and xp.but i cannt install rconnect.so dont think that cable is falty.its all problem of R CONNECT software because its loaded with lLgusbtoserialconverter driver.

Edited by hardknow