Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Finally True Gprs By Vodafone @ Rs.95/-

Hey friends... Vodafone users can now rejoice (But only prepaid) as Vodafone has now enabled full unrestricted internet in their gprs packs.

Attached PDF is the copy of official circulation by Vodafone in M&G circle.

Enjoy...

Edit.: Forgot to press the attach button. Now attached.

vodafone.pdf

Edited by hiteshkkk1

^^ Dude cant see PDF !

hey did u check the last option i.e. Rs. 199 planContento.gifContento.gif

Hillarious! Vodafone fools offering 2 GB for Rs 95 and 100 MB For Rs 199 :confuse:

So much for the intelligence of their marketing guys!!!

Ye sabhi Buddhe log hai company mein jo jabardasti high official level jobs pe baithe hai.

in logon ko ye nahi maloom ki MB aur GB mein kya farak hota hai. Inki knowledge PSTN phone par aa ke khatam ho jati hai.

LOL @ 2GB for rs. 95 and 100Mb for rs.199

hehehe

Not working for me for Vodafone Mumbai :(

Dont worry boss... You will get it in few days... They started this with Kerela...

Lets hope for earliest...

Apart from that, 2 months back, Idea has merged Mumbai into Mah circle so outgoing calls from Mumbai to Out of Mumbai for a Maharashtra customer will no more be treated as roaming calls & viceversa.

Airtel has did the same long bank.

Tata & Reliance CDMA are also in the same boat. (Dont know abt GSM but it wud be same).

Infact even BSNL did it AFAIK.

God know when these insane voda people wake up...

Vodafone uses two services

1) WAP or Gprs as they call it Vodafone Live

2) vodafone mobile connect

so Vodafone live is a proxy based service for mobile phones

vodafone mobile connect is non proxy based and is used for tethering to pc

vodafone mobile connect is very expensive and thats where vodafone loots customers

199rs for 100mb

499rs for 500mb

699rs for 1gb

now if they have writte 95 rs as well as 199 rs packs

there has to be some difference

anyways its vodafone , unless u use it u wont come to know what actually they have in store for u

Edited by Mufaddal

Guys, the 199 GPRS plan was the old Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) plan and it was the only plan available to Vodafone Maharashtra Prepaid customers (like me). The rest of the plans have been carried forward from old Vodafone Live (VL) plans. Hence the funny discrepancy between the 95 plan and the 199 plan. I would like to share a conversation I had with Vodafone Maharashtra Customer care people by email from July 21-24. I guess, it worked.

Subject: Vodafone Mobile Connect exorbitant pricing

Hello there,

I wished to switch my phone to a Samsung Galaxy S, but according to my experience with other Andoid handset (3 x HTC Dream)Vodafone Live just does not work on Android. I am currently on the phone with 198 right now and have been on hold for the last 20 minutes. The Vodafone Mobile Connect scheme I was told about was 199/month with just 100MB of free usage. By comparison, please check out the Airtel Mobile Office Scheme mentioned on the following link.

http://in.samsungmobile.com/futurebeyond/?cmpid=in_banner_google_futurebeyond_1007

I know that the plan provided by the customer care exec was your current VMC plan, but there has to better offers available to at least customers who are going in for new handsets.

All other GSM operators in Maharashtra are currently offering 2/3 GB usage per month @Rs.98(odd) per month. The operators include Airtel, Reliance GSM, Aircel, Idea which is enough for anybody using internet just on their phone which is exactly what i wish to do. I am right now fed up of the Non Working Vodafone Live on my current(standby) Android handset and I am sure similar will be the case with my new Samsung so please do something about it so that I do not switch to a different operator. I mean, I dont wish to, but you people don't leave me with any other choice.

P.S.: Back in 2008, when i had gotten my 1st Windows Mobile handset, I was told by 111 (Vodafone Care Toll Free) people that Vodafone Live cannot work on Windows Mobile 6.1 and refused to provide me any help with the setttings. It worked like a charm till about a month back when my HTC TYTN II broke. I had done the settings manually. I used a similar procedure on the Android (HTC Dream) but Vodafone Live did not work.

P.P.S.: Back in 2007, the same 2008 incident had happened when the 111 people could'nt help me install VL settings on my Motorola ROKR E6. Those settings were done manually too. So, It is high time you people updated processes of delivering Internet settings to handsets of different makes / platforms. Not everybody in the world uses Nokia/ Symbian.

P.P.P.S.: I have been a Vodafone customer since 2006 and have never had any major issues with your services so i would really hate it if I have to switch operators now and then 2 months later, you people come out with a VMC plan at par with the competition. If you have any such plans, please take the trouble of informing me about it.

--

Cheers

- Anant

In reply

Dear Mr. Anant,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 21/07/2010 about Vodafone Mobile Connect service on your Vodafone number.

On going through your e-mail, we find that you have not mentioned any mobile number. We request you to kindly provide your mobile number at the earliest so that we can address your concern.

Should you need further assistance, do call or e-mail us. We will do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

Rashmi Pandit

Vodafone Care

Contact numbers

For Enquiries : 111 or +91-9823098230 (Postpaid)

: 111 or +91-9923399233 (Prepaid)

For Complaints / Requests : 198 (toll free)

Fax : +91-9765561002

E-mail : Vodafonecare.Maharashtra@vodafone.com

To which I replied:

My Mobile no. is 976abcd636.

P.S.: I visited Vodafone store Mahatmanagar, Nasik 2 days back (on 21st evening) and the person who attended my VMC query told me that VMC works only on Laptop and not on the phone. I tried really hard not to laugh out loud in her face and spared her from embarrassment. I even tried to tell her the full form of VMC but she was adamant with her opinion. Please train your executives better in this regard. Such attitude will not work once you people start off with 3G.

To this i got an autogenerated response but then I got a call from these people where I explained my entire problem again in detail. I guess they have taken notice as soon as my 199 plan for 1 month expired (yesterday).

:signthankspin: Vodafone for retaining me again as a customer :SI:

Edited by antz.bin

Vodafone uses two services

1) WAP or Gprs as they call it Vodafone Live

2) vodafone mobile connect

so Vodafone live is a proxy based service for mobile phones

vodafone mobile connect is non proxy based and is used for tethering to pc

vodafone mobile connect is very expensive and thats where vodafone loots customers

199rs for 100mb

499rs for 500mb

699rs for 1gb

now if they have writte 95 rs as well as 199 rs packs

there has to be some difference

anyways its vodafone , unless u use it u wont come to know what actually they have in store for u

They have allowed non proxy based surfing and tethering to pc in all GPRS plans as mentioned in the PDF.

Now therefore there is no difference in Mobile Connect and GPRS

guys whts that apn for vodafone without proxy so tht i can use it on iPhone ?