Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster1963

Incomming Calls While On Rconnect

We can receive incoming calls only when the phone goes in Dormancy mode.

Do u use PING?

Webmaster, pinging by any means will PREVENT you from getting incoming calls while on R-Connect!

in most of gprs services we can receive incomming calls. in similar way is there any software by which we can receive incomming calls while on rconnect?

23107[/snapback]

Hope u've got the essence of this dormancy?

If u use R-Connect in its regular manner(without ping) then u CAN recieve incoming calls while using R-Connect, provided there is no data transfer happening! But if u use PING, that means there is continuous exchange of data going on and hence the phone cannot recieve incoming calls. But PINGing helps avoid the phone going into dormancy! Make ur choice and use accordingly!

Will R-Connect disconnect if i receive any calls while browsing...

You could consider using voicemail when you are on the net. Its free, but you have to pay local RIM to RIM charge for retreiving msgs. I guess that should be free too, with 440/220 voucher...

my 7230 doesnot get charged while on net and hence the battery gets exausted while using net. is there any setting for this? i use the datacable which i got along with the handset from reliance.

Get a recharging type cable that recharges from USB when connected

Yes get USB cable with cahrging facility. i have got this one yesterday only for my ld rd 2030 and its great. u will not get at the web world but can buy it from bazee.com

Hi,

According to my understanding, you get two types of data cables. The cable with USB port charges your mobile from the power supply of the computer, while you use it for internet connection. I believe the cable you have currently is not this.

Krishna.