Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
csmart

Please suggest a Mutli Function Machine

I am looking for new mutli function machine with following features

1. Copy (photocopying - main reason to buy)

2. Scan

3. Print (from network PC also) preferably black only.

4. low running cost

5. Printing paper size max A3 (however if cost is too high, then A4/legal is sufficient)

6. Speed: about 20 pages per minute. i know higher the cost for high speed.

Budget: 50k (+/- 10%)

Recently i have started new venture and need to submit lots of documents for tenders. on average, one tender is of about 500 pages. I need to submit 1+1 (at least). so need photocopying machine. However this will be probably once in a week. I also want my entire staff to print on this if economical. and scanning also. fax is not that important.

my father has Modi Xerox and they charge 40 paise per copy and plus paper cost. paper is provided by my father. modi guys provide toner/ink for the machine and service it.

currently I am using HP 1002 LaserJet for printing and all photocopying is done outside. this requires one peon engaged in that and also they are nto charging less than 90 paise.

some one suggested me Canon. for me brand is not that important, but it should provide good quality and after sales service at reasonable rate.

i want to know if anybody has used such equipment and experience for the same. which brand you recommend?

thanx in advance...

ya u can get canon.. jus research according to ur needs.. i m using one.. though canon laser mfps are lil high in price they r d best,, n really low cost printing..

Have used Canon, Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung at various points of time.

Canons are pricey and i did not notice any great advantage in using it over others. Infact it had huge issues for service.

For your requirement, i suggest you don't spend Rs. 50,000/- for a higher end model or go for brands like Canon. Most of the time their pricing is more due to the brand premium then actual features and performance.

On the other hands companies like Panasonic and Sharp offers great value products which are strudy. The reason for their less price is to expand their market share and not because they are inferior in any way. Canon just entered India much earlier, cornered marketshare and so reaping price premium.

Have used a sharp model which at that time cost Rs. 25,000/-. Rated for a 10,000 page workload, it was used sometimes for 50,000 copies in a month. Still no major breakdown. Only small issues like toner spreading etc.

Panasonic and Sharp both have models below Rs. 20,000/- which may not have fax and A3 but rest all features will be there. In some you may get fax also.

If Network Printing is not available, then you can either attach it to a PC and share or put an additional print server for all your users to print.

Both Panasonic and Sharp (Through their Dealers) enter into Comprehensive contracts wherein they charge you for a minimum no. of copies for month and additionally as per actual usage per copy. In return they provide toner, comprehensive repair or replacement for any breakdown free of cost.

Sharp India Website for Multifunctions:

http://www.sbsil.com...on-printers.htm

Panasonic India Multi Function Printers

http://www.panasonic...ifunctioncopier

Be aware though that their websites may not be updated with the latest models. Your best source will be a dealer. Read somewhere that Panasonic has launched a Multi Function with Networking at about 15,999/. Don't remember the exact model.

Samsung..!! parts are easy to cheaper compared to canon....

toner can be refilled 4 times before u actually need to buy another original toner...!!

go for hp printer mfp in the range of 15000 to 20000 . that uses 12 A as toner . Get refilling done locally and use it for 2 refills and after that get 3rd refill done at cartiage world or refeel ( which charges around 1000 - 1500) for refilling.

This way u can save a lot.

thanks

ankit

Edited by ankit22

@rajanmehta i am considering panasonic but unaware of sharp. will consider it

@ankit22 i dont think HP will fit the requirement.

i know that Xerox & Canon are popular brands.

anyoen has idea about Hitachi..