Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Irfu

Internet Browsing Issue on PC after updation

Dear friends,

I had given my laptop to my office for antivirus updation last week.After they returned it, some websites are not opening in my system. :NOTriste: eg;facebook,youtube etc..can you guys please help me to solve this issue? :help:

thanx in advance

irfu

Is the laptop issued by your company?? Are you facing the problem at work hours alone?? There is no mystery - they are blocking it on purpose as these sites, fb, twiter and even youtube are considered as a colossal waste of time and something which hinders prouductivity :( BTW, most organisations does it.

What error does the browser show?

What are the results for the following commands from your PC:

tracert youtube.com

nslookup youtune.com

Is the laptop issued by your company?? Are you facing the problem at work hours alone?? There is no mystery - they are blocking it on purpose as these sites, fb, twiter and even youtube are considered as a colossal waste of time and something which hinders prouductivity :( BTW, most organisations does it.

Thanks for the quick reply karthik & Arun...

Yeah..its issued by the company.I tried it after work hours only.I think they have blocked it purposefully :Equivocado: .Is there any idea to open it? :confuse: The browser shows only blank page!!!!

Edited by Irfu

Which antivirus software they have installed? Is it with Firewall? They might have blocked it with Firewall. If the antivirus is not password protected, check whether this sites are blocked through the firewall. If you can access the firewall and find it blocked there, just remove the sites from there.

Also post the results of the commands mentioned by Arun as well as what error you are getting in your browser when you open this sites.

Edited by rajanmehta

how do you connect to the internet? Home Broadband/USB data card/through office server/any other?

Which antivirus software they have installed? Is it with Firewall? They might have blocked it with Firewall. If the antivirus is not password protected, check whether this sites are blocked through the firewall. If you can access the firewall and find it blocked there, just remove the sites from there.

Also post the results of the commands mentioned by Arun as well as what error you are getting in your browser when you open this sites.

Hi raj...thanx for the reply! My antivirus is Eset node32 Antivirus4 & Its a password protected.i could not access any settings in "Antivirus and antispyware protection" cos its asking for the pw.

The browser showing only a blank page and "Done" in the task bar.Not showing any error message..!! :Confuso:

I am using a home broadband wi-fi in my room.

Eset Node32 Antivirus 4 does not come with firewall. So ruling out that for the moment.

Do the following.

Open a command prompt. I am assuming you have windows xp. Click on Start, then run and type CMD and press enter.

Then type ping www.facebook.com Post the results here.

Then type ping www.youtube.com Post the results here.

Also post your windows host file contents here. This file can be opened in Notepad and the location is %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts where systemroot means the drive where your windows is installed. So if your windows is installed in C Drive Replace Systemroot with C Drive.

What error does the browser show?

What are the results for the following commands from your PC:

tracert youtube.com

nslookup youtune.com

While trying the 1st one it traced in 15 steps showed some time delays then timed out.The second one closed immdtly.

Eset Node32 Antivirus 4 does not come with firewall. So ruling out that for the moment.

Do the following.

Open a command prompt. I am assuming you have windows xp. Click on Start, then run and type CMD and press enter.

Then type ping www.facebook.com Post the results here.

Then type ping www.youtube.com Post the results here.

Also post your windows host file contents here. This file can be opened in Notepad and the location is %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts where systemroot means the drive where your windows is installed. So if your windows is installed in C Drive Replace Systemroot with C Drive.

While Pinging www.facebook.com, the result is as follows

Ping statistics for 69.63.190.22:

Packets: Sent =4, Received =4,Lost =(0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

minimum = 329ms, Maximum =556ms, Average =440ms

for www.youtube.com the result is

Ping statistics for 209.85.135.190:

Packets: Sent =4, Received =4, Lost =(0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

minimum = 190ms, Maximum =430ms, Average =310ms

here is the hosts file....

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

Surprising. Your Notebook is able to access facebook and youtube site. Also your windows host file is clear.

Which browser? If it is Internet Explorer, Click Tools, Internet Options and then Click Security Tab. Click Restricted Sites and then Sites. See any restricted site like facebook, youtube mentioned there. If it is there remove it.

Also try other browser like firefox, google chrome.

Surprising. Your Notebook is able to access facebook and youtube site. Also your windows host file is clear.

Which browser? If it is Internet Explorer, Click Tools, Internet Options and then Click Security Tab. Click Restricted Sites and then Sites. See any restricted site like facebook, youtube mentioned there. If it is there remove it.

Also try other browser like firefox, google chrome.

Had tried this already, but no use..!! :confuse: Restricted site field is blank.also tried in other bowsers too..!!

@Irfu

Looks like some setting in your antivirus which you said is password protected.

Try the following though this is longer and somewhat complex.

-Install VMware.

-In VMware, Install Windows XP.

-Boot windows xp in VMware. Install all updates and also install Internet Explorer 8 and other browsers in this XP.

-Now try accessing your sites from xp in your VMware.