Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gaurangbhartia

Samsung Epic 4G Vs Htc Evo Vs Htc Incredible

Vote for the Best phone  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the following do you consider to be the best ?

• Samsung Epic 4G
    • HTC Incredible
    • HTC Evo 4G
    • Samsung Fascinate

mufi bhai,

yep no phone can compete with 6700 (except jasjar)..

my fren used to call it geometry box

lol

i havent used epic nor incredible. but my fren has Desire which he normally use it with wifi connection on (in his office and home) and never used to complain about battery!

i think Desire and incredible both use the same battery!

ofc im not comparing the Epic and incredible.. as epic do have bigger battery so definitely better battery life than incredible.

but what i mean to say is battery life of incredible with moderate usage is adequate. not like evo where everywhere (different fourms)everyone is complaining about the battery life!

Im still a HTC fan mainly because of their built quality! Saw a guy in a garment store yesterday flaunting with Samsung Galaxy S, the plastic quality was very average like a <10k phone. I hope epic's built quality is better than Galaxy S

I still feel that HTC Incredible is the best handset out of these three comparing its size in hand and actual usability. Epic 4G would have won but HTC Sense interface beats it hands down, thus Incredible wins for me... This is based on my personal habit of NOT using the keyboard in all my previous handsets owned by me (Mogul; Touch Pro)....

Try Swype and See. HTC have Lost in GPU try any Live Wallpaper it s**ks Try Bubble Wall Paper / Tap Tap Heart in both Samsung will be 3 time Faster

Don't you think by using Swype, it will prove Dkaile's point that keyboard is not required... :P

Besides Swype can be installed by using their beta (whoever is lucky enough to still have access to their site) and may soon be launched in android market.

Though I agree with you that Epic is a better handset due to battery life, Gpu and sound.

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Updated 1st post with Samsung Fascinate Specs ! :)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

There's been a lot of talk, on the Sense vs TouchWizUI user-interface on HTC and Samsung phones respectively, with each group, polarized and stating that the skins which both these companies have used over the vanilla Android as better than the corresponding rival's skin.

There are more people who swear by the HTC SenseUI being a better interface as compared to the TouchWiz, which most of the HTC fan-boys term as an "iPhone wannabe interface" lol

Anyways, to cut to the chase, I came across a video on Youtube which compares the two interfaces, albeit on A Samsung Vibrant GalaxyS vs Evo4G.

Check the two interfaces and see which is more user-friendly, for yourself.

you guys still dont get point

here it is

just turn on your 1x data on incredible and leave it on all time

send mails go google chat and then tell me how much battery u get

PS: no point using these phone without data

without daat on any phone can give 2days battery life on average

what we are talking here is with data on what gives best battery life ........

evo and incredile both get more or less same battery life

once again , our comparisons are with data on all day not with data off

with data off i can get 3 days battery life

with 1x data on all day means voice calls will be on standby? voice calls will be busy all day i assume!

What Dr. Mufaddal says about data being on affecting battery life is really true as in my case even on Palm Pixi when Data was on 24 hours, my mileage was only a day. Once the data stopped working, i am getting nearly 2.5 days with just voice and sms.

And Yes when data is working in 1x, Voice calls will get a busy signal. But even if you are not actively accessing data in browser etc. for 24x7, still data being on makes a difference in battery life as background applications like mail sync will use data at regular intervals.

As rajan bhai you said that With 1X Data always on the voice calls will get busy signal...

1) Is it also true in case of GSM phone when GPRS is constantly on? I think phone is not engaged in that case, but not sure about it so need to confirm.

2) What about in case of Reliance CDMA official BlackBerry with BIS ON in those area where there is no EVDO and BIS data flow thru 1x!

Epic 4G in hand... Standby for complete details soon...

@Hetal Bhai - I cant seem to be able to edit the first post anymore... :( wanted to make a few changes - EVO 4g has DUAL Flash and not single flash as you mentioned.

As for Wifi, wifi N can be enabled in both the HTCs so it should be mentioned.

UI topic should not have a clear winner as both TouchWiz and Sense are similar but in some cases touchwiz is better as it allows you to group the applications and folders in a better way. Hence this should be left for personal preferences.

Furthermore, please remove the similarities (eg sctrach resistant front panel) so that only differences come out and are easier to read. There are loads more similarities and features which are common to all which were not mentioned to highlight only the differences. But then again this is only my suggestion.

Great job of enhancing the post though... :)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Preliminary thoughts with both Incredible and Epic in hand -

1. GPS is very weak in Samsung and doesnt get quick fix like htc

2. The Phone is very bulky (nearly double in depth) than Incredible

3. The 4 hardware keys on main screen specially the left (menu) key is very hard to press; Incredible's hardware keys are a breeze

4. No scroll pad (especially useful while entering text) though supplemented by a good keyboard in Samsung

5. HTC's interface wins overall; especially HTC's smart dialler, HTC Sense, etc.

except for the screen brightness, I think Incredible wins in all other respects...

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Thanks for pointing out the weakness of EPIC especially in GPS is very important. From the pics it is very clear that EPIC is quite bulky (in terms of depth at least). The days are over, people wouldn't mind to handle bulky phones like Jasjar or Mogul.

^

Though mind though

1. Epic is topping all international reviews ahead of Evo/Incredible and iphone4

2. It has the best keyboard till date in any phone in the world

3. It is a full fledged mini pc in your hands

4. The inbuilt swype keyboard is revolutionary (after getting used to)

5. You can adjust intensity of vibration and synaptic feedback (unlike htc)

6. It has the best processor and screen (better than htc)

7. the accessory included are much higher than htc phone (a fantastic 3.5mm headset and 16gb card)

8. It is a beast and incredible is a beauty.... Beauty and the Beast... ur choice..

9. Divx playback, Movies, Games, Live Wallpapers will rock better than on htc

10. Biggest Factor - Battery Life is 1.5 times than htc

I know the choice is getting harder and harder and basically boils down to personal preferences....

Edited by dkaile

Actually, it's all my frustrations which are playing while I'm writing anything against these marvels. I wanted to possess one on Tata with some preconditions. The Tata guys here at West Bengal will never co-operate to have it smoothly. Secondly, I live in a place where Photon+ signal is not there. I use data pack on my postpaid Tata which work only when userid and password are used as "wapuser" and it requires proxy settings on the handset also.

I'm handicapped and the great sellers on this great forum are finding me nagging. Hence I became a bit skeptical.

I wonder any of the veterans have ever tried programming this beauties on BSNL CDMA. This may cover a large segment of users who are outside the coverage area of Tata Photon+ and Reliance Netconnect Broadband+. Also in BSNL, Unlimited EVDO is available at Rs 750 per month (though with USB Modem but there may be some way) so no crying for cheap and affordable data. Can be a killer combo for many users craving for such handsets.

^

bsnl cdma has very very limited coverage hence totally unfeasable...

^

bsnl cdma has very very limited coverage hence totally unfeasable...

BSNL's CDMA signal is omnipresent, either 1X or EVDO. They use 1X signal for WLL service and offer remote places with FWT phones through this signal only. Internet on 1X is also very cheap @ Rs. 250/month unlimited. Mobile CDMA phones (service name: Tarang mobile) are also offered by BSNL but only for rural people. CDMA Mobile Sets which comply with specification IS-95A / 800 MHz can be used in WLL. One important bottleneck is there, they don't allow full function roaming with this mobile. These phones can be used in a particular locality bound by the STD code. The larger the area covered by the STD code, bigger is the area where this mobile will work. If a person takes this connection in Kolkata (STD 033), he can use it in a vast area from Kalyani to Budge Budge and from Barasat to Chuchura. But in a small town having only a few BTSs, the use is highly restricted.

But BSNL has allowed roaming for its EVDO data device anywhere in the country.

If EVDO modem's ESN is programmed into a handset, data can be accessed anywhere. But on that handset, will calls be possible?

^

u r totally mistaken; it doesnt work 10km outside my city... so it is NOT omnipresent...

That can be 100% true, as it is BSNL. I'm sorry. I never used this service, so I don't have any hand-on experience.

Proof of gps working on epic

many of us get instant fixes

snap20101024_131904.png

snap20101024_131737.png

That can be 100% true, as it is BSNL. I'm sorry. I never used this service, so I don't have any hand-on experience.

I have used BSNL Land line (WLL), modem inside that phone is just 10 year old 9600bps, net speed is pathetic .

But good for voice no thanks to BSNL thanks to WLL tech. also they are available for 25km radius from BSNL exchange.

EPIC wins on most of the point, as day by day (you can say min by min) new hardware are coming and soon you will find epic is too slow.

one thing i like about epic is battery,

Also people who just loves HTC Senses , now that too possible , XDA have Senses rom for EPIC.

Edited by ::Hitesh::

Update on Epic performance -

- After using gpstest module, got 9 gps sattelites; first time took 5-10 minutes; henceforth even after battery pull getting gps fix in less than 5 seconds in all softwares

- Sound Quality of Music is about twice superior to HTC; same goes with movies; so multimedia performance is unmatchable

- Only quirck left is the hard soft keys

now i am very much excited to get my hands on epic, which will be tommorow in my hand... :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

Dkaile Grouse list for Epic at 8.15 a.m- 5 Points :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado:

Dkaile Grouse list for Epic at 7.37 p.m- 1 Point :Equivocado:

Abhi Hardware keys to thode bin dabne se soft ho jayegi!!! :rofl_200:

One more convert to Epic

Now we have 3 Gladiators Dr. Mufaddal, Hetaldp & Dkaile batting for Epic!!!

RIMWEBIANS be ready to empty your pockets!!! :winko:

^^^

@rajanmehta - gud one ! :D

@dkaile - When you say sound quality is twice as better, I just wanted to confirm... you used the same headset that came with samsung on both the devices ?

After reading Dkaile's post -

Anyone wanna buy my EVO 4g so that I can get Epic 4g ? ;)

(Just kidding... I have decided to keep HTC EVO 4g coz

- bigger screen (though marginally) and natural colors... I find super amoled too unnatural. but thats just a personal preference.

- Sleeker looking

- Higher resolution camera

- I already covered it with bodyguarz screen protector

- Already Offically registered with Tata with same MEID

And most importantly, I dont think anyone will be willing to give me enough for my EVO 4g so that I can get an Epic 4G ...

If anyone is interested in my month old EVO 4g for Epic... I'll give it some serious thought :)

Edited by gaurangbhartia