Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
in.raghav

Cheers Mobile Launches GSM Mobile Services In Delhi

Cheers Mobile the GSM mobile telephony services brand of Etisalat DB today rolls-out GSM Mobile services in Delhi-NCR telecom circle.

Cheers Mobile introduces an exclusive inaugural offer for its prospective subscribers in Delhi and NCR telecom circle. With the offer once can enjoy 50 minutes of talk time and 50 SMS every day absolutely free for 60 days. What’s more? subscribers can continue enjoying the same benefits for the next 120 days at just Rs. 1 per day! The 50 minutes of talktime includes 45 minutes of local calls to any Cheers mobile per day and 5 minutes of local calls to any other number per day and user will get 50 local SMS per day.

To avail the offer one can Buy Cheers mobile connection for Rs. 49 and recharge it with FRC of Rs. 101 to start enjoying this offer. It will also entitle you to a talktime of Rs. 91.57. Customers in other plan can avail this offer by recharging with Rs. 11 special tariff voucher.

Beyond Free usage the call charges will be 40p/min for Local and 60p/min for STD calls.All local sms will cost 40p and National SMS at 60p.

Cheers Mobile (Etisalat DB) has Unified Services Access License in 15 circles including Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Mumbai,Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), Madhya Pradesh and Bihar. The operator also claims to provide High Quality n Affordable GSM Service to its Nationwide customers commercially very soon.

For more details call 9599 000 121 (Delhi).

Source:telecomtalk.info

Edited by in.raghav

See the catch clearly - 50 local minutes and only 5 min can be utilized for all network. 45 mins on-net calls will almost go unavailed as it is a just lauched service. At this age of free-SIM, who is going to buy a new connection for Rs.49? :D - Anyway prudent move by them to launch service just before MNP is implemented.

Also they have chosen to launch in Delhi beacuse there is a severe spectrum crunch in Delhi and Docomo is fighting tooth and nail for spectrum in the lucrative Delhi circle. So if they had not launched in delhi or firther delayed their launch in delhi there was a possibility of spectrum being taken back from them and alloted to the deserving players.

Is this a full fledged "commercial launch" or is it an "eye wash soft launch" maybe on the lines of Loop mobile????

Hmmm... Cheers is also behaving like Uninor during launching(remember the call m0le$ting charges), tariffs with too many complications..

So the tariff is NOT local-onnet 10p, local-offnet 30p, as specified in their web-site, so long ago... Cheers needs similar experiences by Uninor, after which Uninor is now giving decent offers..

To get the pan india presence it will take time

So i dont prefer new commers for there cheap calling plans

This launch looks like a joke to meRiendo.gif NO advertisement in any paper no hoardings or boards atleast in my area, sim cost rs 49/- and requiring FRC of rs 101/- Tariff is also not so good local at 40p and std at 60p. Has anyone tried it in Delhi let us know about their experience.

I was really surprised in fact shocked when i tried at least @10-12 shops in kalkaji area of south delhi , as evey shopkeeper ws surpriesed with the name , most of them even dont know about launched.........

lets wait and watch......

:previous: It is what we can call a ''soft'' launch with no gala or fanfare as was the case with DOCOMO. I think, as a member already pointed out, they commenced service just for namesake, to hang on to the precious spectrum in Delhi from being forefeited by TRAI.

I have seen Cheers sim on sale but I am not sure about its network and services. It could be similar to RGSM in its initial stages.

I have seen Cheers sim on sale but I am not sure about its network and services. It could be similar to RGSM in its initial stages.

It seems that there are no takers for cheers mobile. At the same time, it appears that cheers will get its licenses cancelled unless there is a back door compromise worked out.