Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Turn Your Laptop Into Wifi Hot Spot

best is to use software "connectify" this is the best software for HOTSPOT.

works well with win xp (sp3) and win 7

@theKing

THe reason is by default Android doesn't support Ad-Hoc WiFi and the WiFi network created by Connectify (and for another example WiFi tethering by Symbian device using software like JoikuSpot) are AdHoc only...

For this we have to make change in the file wpa_supplicant located in /system/bin by few commands on TerminalEmulator (I have no knowledge about that and our great Gurus may help in this) or just replacing the modified wpa_supplicant file... I have already provided the modified files for Samsung EPIC (and all Galaxy S [one and NOT II] series like fascinate, Intl Galaxy S, SL, old GalaxyTab7") and Photon in our forum and you can find them by searching... Please don't use those files for non-compatible models, else your phone's WiFi will stop working... And even for the compatible models, please take backup of original file before proceeding... OH, yes your phone must be rooted for this to work...

Further in most custom ROMS like CM, this problem (as well as the Proxy setup) was eliminated first...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

@the king: using connectify doesn't need to play with any advanced settings, just install it, start the application,give the network a name, choose the internet connection(device) which you want to share over the wifi created by connectify, choose the device which you want to use to create new wifi with the help of connectify(this option is automatically selected by the connectify, & it would be the Wifi adapter of your system, if you have multiple wifi adaptors then you can choose your desired one) and lastly choose the security method to be used with the newly created wifi, prefer WPA2 personal, that's it you'll have a wifi network on which a single internet connection is shared that can be accessed by any device.

@KanagaDeepan...thanks...I tried the way provided by rahulsid in post #42 and was successful in gettig the network recognised in my android. However, the problem is that I was not able to make the internet start even after the wifi network was connected on my android. I was looking for a way out and had posted the screen preview for better understanding.

@mailgujarat & @st_7, I tried connectify and got the same problem..was not able to access internet though the hotspot was connected. However, I feel rather than a third party app, the way suggested in post #42 is far better....

Someone please help me to get my internet started..

Thanks...