Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HetalDP

Dropbox For Android

First Open an Account in DropBox then Install the Application from link they send on email

Click here Open a DropBox A/c and Install it

The application syncs mobile device online and to your other computers. Now you can browse the files in your Dropbox folder from anywhere! Share links to files with your friends, save photos and video from your camera to your computers, and even open files using any of your favorite Android apps.

post-9478-0-77159800-1289880657_thumb.jp

Pros & Cons:

Pros

Access files, upload and share: documents, pictures, videos, music and more across multiple computers and mobile devices

• Works on PC, Mac and Mobile
  • Files automatically synced and backed up by Dropbox

Features:

Dropbox for Android brings their cloud file storage solution for convenient collaboration with mobile phones. With a Dropbox account you can access your files like documents, pictures, videos, music and more across multiple computers; PC or Mac, mobile devices and the Dropbox website! Upload or easily share files in your Dropbox, plus all files automatically synced and backed up by Dropbox. The cool thing about Dropbox's service is that you can share folder contents with someone simply by the their email address, granted they accept the access on their end.

Dropbox initially gives you 2 gigabytes of free storage space for creating an account and offers another 250 megabytes for completing the Getting Started tour. If you choose to upgrade the service they offer 50GB for $9.99/month or $99.00/year and 100GB for $19.99/month or $199.00/year.

Video: Dropbox

Usefulness:

In my case, Dropbox is very useful for sharing large video files captured from my Android phone. Since I like to shoot all video under the highest possible setting versus MMS or YouTube quality, the caveat of the HQ setting makes sharing the vid while mobile, without plugging into a computer, a pain because you cannot upload or email files that are too large. However Dropbox alleviates that as I can upload and share the link from there.

Many people are still apprehensive about storing their personal or confidential documents in "the Cloud" due to privacy and/or security concerns… to each their own opinion. As for myself the convenience and cost effectiveness cloud storage services offer are key. (Be sure to read their terms and conditions on privacy and security concerns).

Ease of Use:

The app and service is really simple and easy to use. For mobile, it allows you to create, upload and share files from your phone to the cloud or vice versa. Say you wanted to download and edit a Word document, this can be handed off to other 3rd party Android apps like Documents To Go and OfficeSuite Pro for Android for Microsoft Office document editing.

Frequently Used:

Really user dependent on your needs for collaborative document storage and sharing.

Interface:

The user interface is simple, organized and easy to navigate or search for files.

• Like 1

Purchased Titanium Back software and it have DropBox Sync Facility now all my Android with all Application and data is automatically Backed up to DropBox and when ever i flash a new ROM of Wipe the Device i can restore all Apps from Drop box

^

I was already doing that with MyBackup Pro... on cloud and on sd card both...

Does this backup everything? Messages, calls list, apps, contacts, etc?? Also, DK, could you answer this question with the MyBackup Pro that you are using?

Guy dont Misxup Backup with DropBox But Dropbox can be Exploted in Various Way,

DROPBOX is just a Cloud Storage betweem Multiple Phone and Multiple PC

@kunal - yes it does, same like titanium backup (which needs root)

and yes, dropbox is totally different concept, not to be mixed up with a backup program.... very useful, already registered and will start using soon...

Registered and installed... thanks hetal for sending the link... its really usefull... +1 for u.

@ all, thanks a lot.. it'll be awesome if it can save apps as well.. angry birds saved games could also be saved.. awesome..

Guy dont Misxup Backup with DropBox But Dropbox can be Exploted in Various Way,

I have been using Dropbox in very very unique way and never for storing my files, i used it to publish my IP for remote desktop (RDP) as i have dynamic IP. i have discontinued this method since some time as i am using paid service now.

some one might find it useful so posting it and also it might provoke idea in some one head,

Article Remote IP Discovery

abstract: "Occasionally I need to access a computer using remote desktop, however the IP address of the computer is dynamic and changes every few weeks making the computer unreachable via remote desktop.

Here I describe how I setup a couple of simple batch files that will record the computers IP address to a secure website. More importantly the website can be used to trigger a new IP discovery on the remote computer. Oh yeah, it’s all for free :-)" ---

hetalji very nice

i am downloading it right now lolz

^^^ Its a great software HP. I've been using it for the past 1 year already. I use it as back up for my files in case of a hardware crash :)

I have recently started using the DropBox service to sync up some of my folders across computers. I used to use Live Mesh beta, earlier, however with the recent update Live Mesh no longer supports Win XP. So I have installed Drop Box on XP PCs and on 1 of the Win 7 PC.

Edited by Harshal

^^^

Just realized it is sugarsync that I use and not dropbbox. It is a similar service. Works pretty well, both on the Android and PC.