Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sritalpk

External SMTP Access for Reliance Broadband+

Hi,

I am currently using a Reliance Broadband Datacard and I have a plan with a monthly rental of 850/- When I try to connect to an external SMTP server other than reliance like Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail using an email client, the emails sent from the client are received by the receiving party. I would like to know if there are any setting at the ISP end which blocks access to these SMTP servers.

Regards

Do you mean you are unable to send email when using your email client with Reliance Broadband+ ?

You said "When I try to connect to an external SMTP server other than reliance like Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail using an email client, the emails sent from the client are received by the receiving party."

Mails are Received or not received by receiving party?

Does the mail bounce back?

I suggest you re-phrase the query. Mention the email ID that you are using and is giving you a problem. I understand you may be using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook.

Manish

As Arun asked, i am assuming that you are unable to send email when using your email client with Reliance Broadband+.

Most of the ISP will block access to an external SMTP Server.

If you are facing this issue, download this free software from here Free SMTP Server.

Install it on your PC as per the instructions given. Then configure your email client to use this software instead of your ISP SMTP Server.

You should be able to send email to gmail, yahoo or hotmail from your mail client.