Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

Sumitbhai Live On the Place reporting ke liye Dhanyavad!! Fantastic. +1 For you mate. :signthankspin:

On a sidenote abhi Burkha Dutt aur Vir Sanghavi ke naam kharab ho gaye hai. Journalist ho sakte ho :Contento:

Is it both for prepaid & postpaid

Thats gr8

+1 to Sumit.

Thanks for live report and also for sharing your personal interactions with Sibal.

Thanks again !!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now, we've to concentrate on 2 more critical points looking forward.

(1) No slippage in the date of 20.1.2011 for pan-India roll-out

(2) Inter-circle MNP within this fiscal(31.3.2011)

^

He strongly forced on the date 20-01-2011.

Its not going to be delayed as both Sibal ji and Sachin Pilot is keen to launch it nationwide asap.

+1 dear Sumit Brother. :)

Really good to see that someone from Rimweb family was present there at the inauguration ceremony of MNP. :)

Again need to wait for 2 more months.It means operator are getting 2 more months.

really sad.

I have taken aircel postpaid number without using i am paying 300rs for 5 months without using it just because i liked the number and i want to shift to RGSM the moment MNP Comes.

Now i have to pay 2 more months rental unnecesarily

Edited by ramtech

Why are we looking for

Inter-State MNP

Can't it be 1 India 1 nation, No ROAMING Charges & No STD

^^^

The country is divided onto two geographical sectors for ease of implementing the MNP. These two zones are then divided into 11 service areas.

The master database will be managed by a third party firm. For zone I, Syniverse has been appointed with the MNP and related issues while for zone II, it is Telcordia. :)

Again need to wait for 2 more months.It means operator are getting 2 more months.

really sad.

I have taken aircel postpaid number with using i am paying 300rs for 5 months without using it just because i liked the number and i want to shift to RGSM the moment MNP Comes.

Now i have to pay 2 more months rental unnecesarily

No No....

20.1.2011 is the date on which 22nd circle will get MNP.

MNP will be introduced circle by circle every alternate working day.

May be we'll get the time table from DoT/TRAI today.

The mobile number portability (MNP) will be launched across India by January 20, 2011. For orderly technical migration of complex interconnected networks, each of the remaining service areas will be migrated one by one on alternate days. This will enable simultaneous validation of technical parameters and removal of any problems arising from migration activity to ensure successful and smooth migration of a service area. Migration activities will not take place during the festival season at the end of December, 2010.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/mobile-number-portability-launched-in-haryana-pan-india-by-january-20/49150/

Edited by kesav

Just I had a spark. Thought of sharing with you guys to get feedback.

Why can't we move the functions of mobile number allocation and user verification to MNP operators?

(1) New subscriber has to get the mobile number from their zonal MNP operator

(2) MNP operator to verify the documents and allot the number

(3) Thus alloted number to be provided to the service provider for programming on to their virgin SIM

(4) DoT has to deal only with 2 MNP operators for user verification instead of dealing with 20 mobile operators nation-wide

(5) Changing mobile operator will become very easy since there'll be no need for user verification by recipient mobile operator

(6) Mobile numbers which are national resources will not get unnecessarily wasted due to fake activations and fake reporting by mobile operators

There'll be a mammoth initial step of moving all currently active subscribers' documents & information to MNP operators' database and storage space.

It can also be done effectively if we go for standardized scanning of all documents & photographs and moving only the electronic data to the MNP operator.

I feel it's a worthy step forward.

Edited by kesav

:previous: Kesav, the MNP operator like Telecordia does not even have passive infrastructure in any of the states. While the all the telecom operators are having Customer Relationship Points in all major cities. So they are better equipped to handle these the CAF and other documents that the porting subscriber have to submit :) Also any query by user about the porting operator's plans and policies could be satisfactorily answered by the operator himself.

Great, Sumit ji, you raised my hope.

:thumb:

They say that the roll out will be complete by 20th January!. Fantastic news.

:previous: Kesav, the MNP operator like Telecordia does not even have passive infrastructure in any of the states. While the all the telecom operators are having Customer Relationship Points in all major cities. So they are better equipped to handle these the CAF and other documents that the porting subscriber have to submit :) Also any query by user about the porting operator's plans and policies could be satisfactorily answered by the operator himself.

Dear Karthik, MNP operator has their own infrastructure which is different from mobile operator. In my post, I said MNP operator will issue only mobile number without service so there's no question of MNP operator talking about any offers or schemes to subscriber. Subscriber has to approach the mobile operator of his liking for provisioning of service after he gets the number from MNP operator.

The MNP is so privileged as the packages or the offers cdma&gsm netwprks are providing is completely different from each other.thank sumit for the information.

In Maharashtra MNP is starting from 4th Dec'10

Source: Reliance customer care (got a call from them, updated about the launch & said I can switch between RCDMA & RGSM.

They sound hell scared! It's high time for RGSM to update there network quality.

Edited by getsmack

Anybody knows when it will be launched in Delhi?

UPDATE: I just called reliance customer care they told me mnp is coming to Delhi from 11th dec and i also asked about Bihar circle it is coming from 19th dec. The customer care person was so polite in answering my queries that i was amazed. People please call and ask about your circle and update us and then we will have entire mnp schedule.

Edited by chitshar

The customer care person was so polite in answering my queries that i was amazed.

Kyu nahi hongey polite customer care waley ????

Afterall you were querring about MNP. They are already OVERBURDENED and wants to reduce this burden at the earliest. :D

Toh brother wo chahte hain ke aap jald se jald unka bojh halka kar dein. :P

burden_closeup.jpg

MNP launching in Mumbai on 7th December 2010. Sorprendido.gif Confirmed From Reliance Customer Care. And Yes, i too was damn surprised by the polite tone and instant reply.

Sau Din Saske, Ek Din Bahu Ka Contento.gif

Day before yesterday i ported my vodafone number by sending sms to 1900,yesterday i got a call frm vodafone feedback department asking me the reason as to why i want to switch to another operator,i told them tht sms pack is very expensive as compared to other operators.