Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

^^^

Aman Bhai, Any special reason to port the number from Vodafone ?

i have been an extremely happy vodafone customer all my life, the only reason i want to port the number is cause, the new place i m shifting to has very very poor vodafone signal. while the rest of them work just fine. i m thinking of moving to airtel, as it is the only other 1 worth moving to having 3g in delhi. reliance and mtnl are not in my consideration list.

Yes Aman, Airtel and Vodafone has the best coverage in most of the cities. :)

Kanaga's humour missiles and conspiracy theories satisfies the basic revenge needs of all of us powerless creatures against this monsters however short lived and futile it may be. Keep them coming.

:signthankspin: Thanks friends for encouraging me AND :NOTriste: Sorry Ambitabh Ranjan bhai for damaging your keyboard..

Well, what may be the excuses given to delay MNP further, by cartel?? My few guesses are below:-

1) Not possible to launch at once in all circles.. So give time to launch in one circle for one year..

2) The tyre of truck which carried the Forms for MNP got punctured.. So please launch MNP in 2020..

3) Our SMS server can't handle too many PORT requests, so please postpone MNP till we upgrade our server by 2022..

4) The tower workers gone for New-Year party are druken very much and please postpone MNP till their hang-over finishes at say upto 31-Dec-2011.. (The next day 1-1-2012 will bring NEXT HANG-OVER though)..

5) We need to get sooo much One Rupee Coin changes to give back to customers opting for MNP (MNP charge is Rs19/-..) and we are visiting beggars in the gates of temple, all over India.. So postpone MNP till we return say in January12011..

I hope our telecom minister is not following your post. Your post is very educational for him. We shud keep our fingers crossed till Jan 20, 2011. Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

article in today's ecnomic times regarding MNP. LOOP mobile poised to loose max. customers.. RCDMA abt 51%.. Read Full article

its high time that RCDMA put its act together start MEID registration (Read this comment) and also EVDO otherwise they will loose substantial market..

^

seeing the current developments, I think you have got a very valid point there chirag... lagta hai nexus-s mangana hi padega... MNP is confirmed for 22nd January here in UP as per newspaper reports today...

Edited by dkaile

^^^ Agar GSM me jana hi hai to Dual Core Tegra 2 ke sath Dhamakedar Entry Kijiye.....CES to aa gaya abhi....

22nd jan is here in gujarat as well as per reliance CC

Do not expect following from reliance

1. Meid registration due to inherent vulnerability of clonning. Akey is almost impossible for reliance in next few years due to OTAP inability from handset as well as reliance system. Even OMH ruim are not fully AKEY capable.

2. EVDO openly unless they are willing to sacrifice their meagre 1x data revenue. EVDO means free for life EVDO in present scenario. To patch they have to sacrifice almost all BB users and RWORLD revenue. To patch immediately they have to risk discard of almost 100% handsets and rpleace them with new handsets.

3. Voice data simultanous due to unwillingness of operators and qualcomm. Even if implemented there are no handsets as on today in. Market.

4. Great handset with OMH support as USA is not willing.

^^^ Ab phir baki bacha kya Reliance CDMA ke sath rehne ke liye?

so only solution for Reliance is to improve RGSM services at earliest and migrate their CDMA customers to RGSM with exciting offers.

Shortly 80% of RCDMA customers will use MNP due to Handset issue.

:previous:

One important point is there... $urprise d@ta packs...

Reason i dropped MEID follow up is LTE + CDMA Promise may be i am showing Impossible Dream to everybody but thats the last hope

I found this MTNL-Delhi website today:

Waiver for MNP port-in charges w.e.f 04.01.2011

-Waiver of port-in charges for Rs. 19/- for customers

-SMS request for UPC to be charged at normal SMS rate as per customer's existing plan

is the 'UPS' mentioned here belongs to 'MNP'?

if yes, what does it mean?

is the 'UPS' mentioned here belongs to 'MNP'?

if yes, what does it mean?

UPC Code is an 8 digit alpha-numeric porting code which will be provided to you by your existing operator through SMS when you want to change to a new operator.

For Frequently Asked Questions about MNP, Go through this thread http://www.rimweb.in...-questions-faq/

Is MNP coming for sure from Jan 20? I asked a friend in Reliance mobile marketing and he said there has been no communication to them although the launch date is just 15 days ahead. According to him, MNP may be postponed for two more months. :NOTriste:

Came to know through some reliable sources that Reliance is all set for MNP.. Online portals & softwares updated, training going on..

MNP upgrade was done 2 month b 4

Is MNP starting on 20th jan or going to be postponed.Any information

We all are waiting for that announcement , even mr.sibbal has no answer for ur question. But we all have to hope for the best.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

:previous:

I think this time there will be no further postponement as almost all operators are ready. After Idea, Vodafone also is advertising heavily on TV for MNP. RCOM is still sleeping or maybe they will wait for Airtel and only then, respond as they do not consider the other players as competition.

I personally think none of the major operators will have much to worry about on the MNP count because for every port-out, there will be as many port-ins as well. Maybe I am wrong, time alone will tell the real story.

Just received this SMS:-

"Dear Customer, if you would like to get Airtel Billing number 99870 55261, Kindly Sms "99870 55261" to 9594 9897 02 Now and we will call you between 11am to 6pm."

My mo no. is 932xx 55261.

While other operators are gearing up for MNP, Airtel is offering new numbers. Is it not ready for MNP?

Although, this msg is not from Airtel, i guess? I am not airtel customer and not even remotely connected to airtel.

i hope mnp launch at scheduled date & cdma i phone in India with all cdma carriers on or b4 jan 20 as it is reported that verizon is launching it on 11 jan 2011..............it will be a great gift for all cdma lovers....

I m sure that = MNP is too hyped and Low on use System.

Definately is Great tool to Attract High ARPU cutomer who always afraid to change their number (Their identity) but for General People its not great as they already have 2 SIM card in Pocket and not worried to change the number

i hope mnp launch at scheduled date & cdma i phone in India with all cdma carriers on or b4 jan 20 as it is reported that verizon is launching it on 11 jan 2011..............it will be a great gift for all cdma lovers....

Absolutely No Harm in Dreaming...It's the most satisfying, mentally stimulating, sensory experience available at any time and Totally FREE OF COST.. :Riendo:

I also do, Like Here... http://www.rimweb.in...ars-would-ride/

iPhone is Difficult to unlock in GSM, CDMA is distance dream.