Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

The Most Awaited MNP Finally Introduced!

I still hope that MNP will be started in Mumbai on time i.e. 07-12-2010. :)

MNP was to start in Maharashtra from today. Any update guys?

I had called the CC of idea, they have no idea. See the effect of MNP idea has launched 67 SMS pack wherein you get 500 Local and National SMS free every day. Idea never cared for competition in Maharashtra and Goa before.

Thanks Sumitji,

Finally I can switch my Reliance CDMA to any other CDMA networks which is available in our local area. I have been fed up to write to Reliance regarding the network coverage for morethan 4 years, but still they haven't rectified that. So finally I'm going to become happy.

again slippage of schedule

yes now reliance C.C. also saying it will launch in jan-2011

True, Reliance has bungled again. Till yesterday, Reliance CC was telling that MNP will begin in Mumbai from Dec 7. But today when I asked them, one told me that they have not been notified yet. Same response from Idea CC, which said `the date was being finalised'. Everybody was so eager to have it in Mumbai as early as possible. Now it seems, we are again at the mercy of operators.

One more thing. For the past few days, I have been using mobilephones of my friends (with various operators) to send sms to 1900 to check if it was working. Got back smses of MNP from Idea, Reliance GSM, Reliance CDMA, Docomo, except Vodafone, which replied saying the request cannot be processed now. Is Vodafone prepared to accept MNP? Is it one of the causes for delay in implementation of MNP in Mumbai?

Will be porting my Reliance GSM number to Uninor :)

Got Call from cc and asked the reason for sending PORT sms to 1900.

they person talked to me was anger and I was surprised of his anger. But i haven't made any reaction that I have noticed that he is anger. I said the reason that no data plans and speed of 3g-GSM. He explained me about EVDO is coming with better plan by end of Jan so he asked me to wait and also I informed about SMS delay in cdma. He taken this as feedback and said, be in cdma and don't take any decision in urgent. He said all these words in bold manner and gave me a promise in service. I dono when his next call will be and whats the offer so.

Is it so will the EVDO plans come cheaper?

Edited by gmkarthikeyhan

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/mnp-leads-to-minimal-churn-show-dataharyana/417390/

Judging by the initial reaction to the introduction, in Haryana, of mobile number portability (MNP), most cellphone users have no pressing desire to shift.

MNP allows a subscriber to change his or her service provider without changing the mobile number. It was launched 11 days earlier in the Haryana telecom circle. In that time, operators estimate, 30,000- 35,000 customers have requested a change in their operator. Haryana has 17 million customers and 11 operators; the numbers are much less than one per cent of the base.

At this rate, operators expect less than 1.5 per cent of the subscriber base to opt for MNP in the next two months. This is much lower than the monthly churn rate of the sector, of five per cent per month. As for the belief that post-paid customers would be the first to churn, operators say just two to three per cent of the porting requests are coming from post-paid subscribers (who are only three per cent of Haryana’s subscribers base). Some analysts say most of the shift is happening from CDMA to GSM operators.

Tata Teleservices’ executives say they’ve got about 21 per cent of the customers who’ve opted for MNP. They say they’d been getting 35 per cent of the incremental subscribers every month to their brand, mostly pre-paid ones.

Reliance Communications (RCom) has been concentrating on getting only high-paying post-paid customers. For, average revenue per user in this category is equivalent to 10 pre-paid subscribers. An RCom spokesperson says: “Of the total movement on postpaid for RCom, 80 per cent are port in (those who want to join RCom). In value terms, this is 73 per cent of the total value of port ins and port outs (those who wish to leave Rcom) put together.”

Vodafone Essar sources say for every one of their customers wanting to go to another operator, there are two who want to join them.

Most operators, it appears, are trying hard to keep back their post-paid customers. “Once a request comes for a change, most operators are calling the subscriber, pleading not to shift. If that does not work, the processing of the request is being delayed. However, we all know we can’t do this too long,” says a leading operator.

If some one could give their experience of MNP

I think, everyone (potential customers) is waiting until some other 'bakra' friend of his/her tries it first before trying it first hand..

I agree with Greatest.

I am in Punjab but still thinking after getting experience of MNP from few.

I plan to shift to Reliance CDMA from my Idea postpaid. It may look strange but I have got positive feedback from Reliance CDMA users. I have network problems in office with Idea and despite several mail, the issue has not be sorted out. All they do is promise me to work out.

I am with Reliance as a "choice", not as a "compromise". MNP or not, I would have left my current service provider long ago, if I was not satisfied with its services vis-a'-vis other operators...

• Like 1

True, Reliance has bungled again. Till yesterday, Reliance CC was telling that MNP will begin in Mumbai from Dec 7. But today when I asked them, one told me that they have not been notified yet. Same response from Idea CC, which said `the date was being finalised'. Everybody was so eager to have it in Mumbai as early as possible. Now it seems, we are again at the mercy of operators.

One more thing. For the past few days, I have been using mobilephones of my friends (with various operators) to send sms to 1900 to check if it was working. Got back smses of MNP from Idea, Reliance GSM, Reliance CDMA, Docomo, except Vodafone, which replied saying the request cannot be processed now. Is Vodafone prepared to accept MNP? Is it one of the causes for delay in implementation of MNP in Mumbai?

I m using vodafone service in mumbai and i had no problem in porting my current number.

I think, everyone (potential customers) is waiting until some other 'bakra' friend of his/her tries it first before trying it first hand..

I'm ready to become the first BAKRA of MNP in Mumbai. :P But hey.....MNP still not started in Mumbai. :(

Greatest Bhau.....below is the the BAKRA and the FRIEND you are talking about. :rofl_200:

20672d1289054588-bakra.jpg

I m using vodafone service in mumbai and i had no problem in porting my current number.

I didn't get you quite well, has the MNP started in mumbai? And can you please elaborate how did you manage to do it?

@honest bhau, good one... ;)

I didn't get you quite well, has the MNP started in mumbai? And can you please elaborate how did you manage to do it?

My dear friend, I think he is referring to the SMS of reference code he would have got from Vodafone for porting the number.

My dear friend, I think he is referring to the SMS of reference code he would have got from Vodafone for porting the number.

Kamal bhai rightly said that.

Thread is becoming inactive

Do any one has any updates on MNP starts and working ?

When it will be launched in Kerala?

In New Delhi, it doesn't seem seem to have started. I sent a SMS from my RCDMA phone and got a message that it hasn't started in my circle. I believe they have launched only in Haryana for testing and will launch in rest of the circles on January 20, 2011. Most of the operators are launching their 3G service somewhere near to that date and wont like MNP to start before that. They may loose few premium customers because of that.

Time taken to switch operators under MNP in different Asian countries. Time taken in India is the longest.

121010-Time-taken-to-switch-operators-under-MNP-equitymaster.gif