Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

MNP - Are you Switching your Mobile Operator?

MNP Are You Switching Your Mobile Operator  

75 members have voted

1. 1. With Mobile Number Portability Available, Are You Switching Your Current Mobile Operator

• Yes, I am Switching to a New Operator
    • No, I am Pretty Happy and not switching

I may not switch my main number now... But will switch all the years old numbers which are lying idle ie) Airtel, Vodafone, RGsm(2) numbers to Docomo, just to experiment the process of MNP :winko:

I have no intention to change my long standing CDMA root with Tata Indicom :)

Reasons : The best possible tariffs in the market are available to me, the network signal bar in my phone reminds me that I am under full 1x and EVDO strength - a pleasing sight to the eye indeed.

My monthly outlay - around Rs.350 which includes Rs.200 for talktime, Rs.55 for 5500 SMS and Rs.94 for 2.5 GB internet pack.

Reliance GSM - will be waiting for another 2 months for the network to improve otherwise will port to Uninor who seems to be doing relatively well.

Edit Other GSM operators in my sig are staying :)

Edited by Karthik R

I have no intention to change my long standing CDMA root with Tata Indicom :)

Reasons : The best possible tariffs in the market are available to me, the network signal bar in my phone reminds me that I am under full 1x and EVDO strength - a pleasing sight to the eye indeed.

My monthly outlay - around 350 which includes 200 for talktime, 55 for 5500 SMS and 94 for 2.5 GB internet pack.

Me too. Now I voted negative. My primary number on TataIndicom will stay with me. Because of the same reasons: best voice tariff, best voice quality, best 1X internet tariff and availability.

My rent of Rs. 291 includes

.unlimited Tata world local calls,

.conference calling (which I use to the fullest and save lots of bills for my on-net family members and relatives who talk relentlessly using my conference call),

.350 SMS,

.per second billing with 3000 sec free, and

.1GB data.

The only bottleneck is that I'll be required to go on using my good old hTc 6900 (no wi-fi, registive touch screen, no accelerometer)

Owing to non-avilability of voting options, I couldn't vote +ve for prospective porting of my second number (a BSNL one) which I may port after observing the post-MNP offers of the other operators.

Thus this thread will not project the proper picture. Persons having more than one number and having mixed decision for porting either cannot take part in this voting or if he votes for one number, cannot vote for any other number.

Been using Airtel since 2002 and used it a lot during countrywide and international roaming. Our family got a secondary connection each just on the second day of its launch. The only reason to hang on to this service provider was the age old number and Rs 98 for a 2GB net access on my HTC HD2. I got Reliance CDMA on a discarded device in 2003. When it comes to some important call or conversation, RCDMA is ultimate. No other GSM can come close. Got a third connection Tata Docomo, 3 months back and viola, the first attraction was its speed of browsing on the mobile. Call quality is better that Vodafone and also Airtel since the BTS installation is in phase one, the network keeps fluctuating. Overall, if MNP is applicable from GSM->CDMA I would shift all to RCDMA right now.