Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhi.r

EPABX For Home Use

I was looking to use a EPABX for home use..

Currently my requirement is 2 phone lines to be dristributed into 3 rooms (2IN/3OUT). But I want to purchase a system which is compatible for future expansion.

I don't know much about PBX systems. if anyone can help me in this regard.. which economical system/brand to purchase suitable for home use.

I am using 3 systems of Accord which is a Meerut based company but available all India since the last 15 years now; I am using 308/9 model; i.e. 3 P&T and upto 8-9 extensions; Home model should start from 5K onwards; mine are commercial models costing abt 12-15k; they also have home models starting from 206 i.e 2x6;

You can buy Centrex 308 epabx system. They are offering excellent features than Accord, and it is Hyderabad Based Company.

you can reach >> www.centrexindia.com

I am using 3 systems of Accord which is a Meerut based company but available all India since the last 15 years now; I am using 308/9 model; i.e. 3 P&T and upto 8-9 extensions; Home model should start from 5K onwards; mine are commercial models costing abt 12-15k; they also have home models starting from 206 i.e 2x6;

i guess i am also using the same one .. no problem being faced

there are many local brands and they are good. i was using some local brand for 8 years... abt 3 years ago i had problem with some IC and required abt 2k for replacement of board.. i dont know the name as now i have replaced my line with PRI and system is provided by airtel..

make sure you get good dealer and after sales service provider. i had got it from vendor who is working with my dad for long time. so service is never problem. also make sure that AMC is not much. generally they give you high discount on system but will charge heavy for AMC..

or better still check out some wonderful multi cordless phone systems from makers like UNIDEN. check amazon. i have been using one since past 3 yrs . 2 lines and 6 cordless handsets around the house. no wiring required. answering machine built in. and the beauty of it all, phone line input at one jack only. regular call transfer etc work. since u need it for home, i would suggest u go for this setup like me !

@abhi.r

There is a product called Smart Office / Centrex which is basically available with all Telcos..

Its not an EPABX device that im talking about.. but a real feasible solution where no of connections can be 5 Or 5000 doesn't matter.

BTW.. Wipro has 40k Centrex lines across India with Rcomm.. they too don't invest in EPABX systems.

Attached are the various benefits of a Centrex solution, the way Reliance presents it...

Centrex Vs PBX Bundling.ppt

Approach Airtel, TATA & RComm for the best deals in your town..

You need to approach their Enterprise/Corporate team, not stores !

or better still check out some wonderful multi cordless phone systems from makers like UNIDEN. check amazon. i have been using one since past 3 yrs . 2 lines and 6 cordless handsets around the house. no wiring required. answering machine built in. and the beauty of it all, phone line input at one jack only. regular call transfer etc work. since u need it for home, i would suggest u go for this setup like me !

this is really good suggestion. only you need the one base unit and rest cordless devices. i have one Uniden base with cordless. i got one from Singapore with base and one cordless. onlything is that caller ID is not working, i think format in India is different or so.. otherwsie great isntrument. i have double line in it.

the initial investment may be about 15k or so but then you dont need to pay AMC or anything else for wiring. you just need charging point where you keep cordless phones. but yeah, there will be limit on number of lines you can connect.