Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

LG Optimus 3D

LG Optimus 3D-World's First Glass Free 3D Phone, Capable of Recording in 3D

LG has officially confirmed now. Coming at Mobile World Congress, February 14th..

Official Release

LG TO UNVEIL WORLD'S FIRST FULL 3D SMARTPHONE AT MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2011

3D Recording-Viewing-Sharing of Life's Precious Moments Anytime, Anywhere

SEOUL, Feb. 1, 2011 - At this year's Mobile World Congress, LG will unveil theLG Optimus 3D the world's first 3D smartphone offering consumers a full 3D experience right in the palm of their hands.

The LG Optimus 3D addresses the lack of 3D content issue — one of the biggest problems facing the 3D market — with a complete platform for a one-of-a-kind experience on a mobile device. LG's most advanced smartphone to date will feature a dual-lens camera for 3D recording, a glasses-free LCD panel for 3D viewing and diverse connectivity options such as HDMI and DLNA for 3D content sharing anytime, anywhere.

Further details and a live demo of the LG Optimus 3D will be offered at Booth #8B178 at MWC in Barcelona from February 14 to 17.

lg-optimus-3d.jpg

Specs which has come out till now.

-4.3" Screen

-Dual Core Tegra 2 Processor, Multi Channel RAM

-Glass Free 3D Display for 3D viewing

-Dual-lens camera capable of capturing 3D stereoscopic shots and videos

-HDMI and DLNA for sharing 3D content

Source:Multiple From Net

• Like 2

great Specs

:Sorprendido: Does this need 3D goggles ??

World's First "Glass Free" 3D Phone

What onearth you are going to do with it I feel such technology are waste they never enter mainstream

Genius says so :-x

Like Tegra 2 processor becoming sort of a standard with Optimus 2, 3D devices will be available in large soon.

:clap:

Hands-On with the LG Optimus 3D (UPDATE: Launching in May 2011 in India)

Source: Tech2

The availability of 3D content is a big issue at the moment so the justification for purchasing a 3D device is, simply put, a way to future proof yourself. Content is however, on an express train to Delivery-town so the wait is not going to be too long. Thus 3D fans will be happy to know that LG's Optimus 3D smartphone is on its way and should be here in just a couple of months. However, at a recent press conference showcasing LG's latest line of Smart 3D TVs, I got an opportunity to check out the handset that also happened to be part of their experience zone. Here are my first impressions.

Design

I'll be brutally honest here - I'm not too thrilled with the design as it's quite generic as high-end smartphones go. Not like the Xperia Arc or the Incredible S that do have that certain flair about them. The Optimus 3D's most unusual feature are the dual camera cameras at the rear with an LED flash in between. Touch sensitive keys are located below the rather impressive looking glassless 3D ready display. The 4.3-inch LCD panel features a 480 x 800 pixel resolution with 16 million colors and is as sharp as it is bright. Even in the psychedelic glare of the colorful lights at the display, the screen was easily visible.

optimus_3d_live_271003447392_640x360.jpg

Not the best looking phone there is but it's quite slim and sleek.

At just 11.9mm in depth it's slim phone but a bit on the heavy side, weighing in at about 168 grams. On the right hand side is where you'll find a micro USB port which is almost attached to the HDMI out port. 3D content can easily be viewed on supported TV's or monitors via this channel but you will of course need the glasses for viewing.

optimus_3d_live_hdmi_271003441029_640x360.jpg

HDMI Out even for 3D content

Like I said, it might not have a design that you'd go crazy about but its USP is 3D content support.

Features

Products like the Optimus 3D mobile with its 3D rendering capabilities are going to be big when they're launched. Since the whole 3D bug is already doing the rounds, the superb 3D UI and functionality of the handset to increase or decrease the level and depth of 3D (from every screen be it videos, images or games) will make this a hard handset to pass up. The fact that you have the option of easily switching to 3D and and so easily makes it quite appealing.

optimus_3d_live_3d_menu_271010367670_640x360.jpg

A whole 3D menu for your viewing pleasure

Playing games like Asphalt 6 and Nova on this large glass-less 3D display was quite an experience. Since you could reduce the level of 3D rendering, it was much easier on the eyes depending on the external lighting conditions. Games and even LG's own Optimus 3D's 3D media gallery and 3D UI are already in place for these products to showcase all kinds of preloaded goodies (hopefully). The YouTube 3D app will direct you to all the 3D content available on the web.

optimus_3d_live_menu_271003441535_640x360.jpg

Manage your menu, look at all the 3D content

I found the UI to be quite intuitive and user friendly, especially since LG is using a customized interface on top of Android 2.2 (for now, I was assured that a Gingerbread update would be out later, post launch). The menus are set up so that you can create sections like 'Media' – with all media related apps that can be dragged and dropped into this space or 'Business' or any other section you care to come up with. Their Optimus One and even the Optimus GT540 both feature similar capabilities. Even this prototype was running smoothly thanks to the onboard 1 GHz processor of the Dual Core variety.

optimus_3d_live_youtube_3d_271003442832_640x360.jpg

YouTube app takes you straight to 3D content

I have to say, watching videos on the large display in 3D was quite comfortable and although I don't think I'd be too comfortable watching an entire movie in 3D, short clips were quite entertaining. LG has also thrown in Dolby Stereo audio enhancement to sweeten the deal and the handset also supports 1080p video playback with DivX and XviD codec support, as well. With 8GB of internal storage and support for microSD cards up to 32GB, rest assured you won't ever run out of space for your media.

Camera

LG's Optimus 3D is loaded up with a pair of cameras, as I mentioned. In Standard Definition as in, not 3D, you can record up to 1080p@24fps or take pictures at a 5 megapixel resolution. If you choose to capture in 3D (stereoscopic) the camera auto scales down to 3 megapixels but can still record video in HD – 720p@30fps. From what we saw, the image quality isn't too bad in both 2D and 3D, but I was told that LG was still working out a few kinks in the camera module and to expect more out of it. Nice!

optimus_3d_live_rear_271003449470_640x360.jpg

Dual cameras for Stereoscopic fun

Verdict

It's a handset to hold out for. So it's a bit heavy, I say, no big deal. For the kind of functionality it brings to the table in the form of 3D media and gaming as well as all else that a high end Android handset can offer, it just might be worth saving up for. Pricing was not revealed of course, but I'm putting it somewhere in the Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 league. It's a remarkable piece of hardware but my biggest concern is – what kind of battery life will this offer?

optimus_3d_live_vesrion_271003447674_640x360.jpg

Android 2.2, just for the time being, Gingerbread is on the way

full specifications of LG 3D

LG Optimus 3D is the first Android smartphone with 3D display. In addition, it also boasts a dual-core 1GHz TI OMAP4430 processor, 4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen, dual 5-megapixel cameras with 3D HD video recording capability, WiFi and HSPA connectivity, GPS, Bluetooth and a microSD memory card slot.

LG OPTIMUS 3D (P920) SPECIFICATIONS

DISPLAY

Screen size: 4.3 inch (101.60 mm)

Resolution: 800 x 480

Type: LCD

Touch screen: Multi-touch (Capactive)

SIZE & WEIGHT

Height: 128.8 mm (4.84 inch)

Width: 68.0 mm (2.68 inch)

Depth: 11.9 mm (0.47 inch)

Weight: 168.0 g

CONNECTIVITY & WIRELESS

Wi-Fi: Yes (802.11b/g/n)

Wi-Fi Encryption: WEP, WPA, WPA2

Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR technology

HSP [headset]

HFP [hands-free]

A2DP [stereo audio]

AVRCP [media control]

GAP [generic access]

SPP [serial port]

SDAP [service discovery application]

PAN [ad hoc network]

GOEP [generic object exchange profile]

PBAP [phone book access]

Computer Sync supported: Yes

CAMERA

Resolution: 5.0 megapixels

Camera Features:

Records video

Auto focus

Digital zoom

Flash

Self-Timer

Contact pictures

Geo-tagging (location)

Secondary Camera: Yes

OTHER FEATURES

Flight Mode: Yes

FM tuner: Yes

HARDWARE

CPU: 1000 MHz

RAM: 512 MB

USB: 2.0 [Mass Storage Device, Charging]

microUSB

BATTERY & POWER

Battery type: Li-ion

Capacity: 1500 mAh

CELLULAR NETWORK

Network Technology: GSM

CDMA Bands: 800, 1900

Data tethering: Yes

LOCATION SUPPORT

GPS (AGPS)

Compass

MESSAGING

SMS: Yes

MMS: Yes

INPUT

Type: Touchscreen

Predictive Text: Yes

Soft Key: Yes

MEDIA

Media Playback: Yes

Support Audio: AAC, AAC+, AMR, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA

OTA (Streaming) Video: Streaming / internet

Support Video: h.263, h.264 / AVC, 3GP, MPEG-4 (MP4), WMV

Support Image: GIF, JPEG, PNG

AUDIO AND VOICE

Audio / Headset Jack: Yes

Phone Speaker: Yes

Speaker phone: Yes

Voice dial: Yes

PERSONALIZATION

Custom Ringtones: Yes

Sound profiles: Yes

Vibrate mode: Yes

Multiple numbers per contact: Yes

SENSORS

Accelerometer (motion)

Amient light

Proximity

MEMORY

8 GB built-in memory

Memory card: SD, microSD, microSDHC

Arrived in Malaysia on 18th and scoured the web for lg o3d: they have gray market (AP, phones with 1 yr store warranty, ORI phones with original warranty) pieces at crazy high prices 2400 MYR:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1754375/+80

Went and saw the phone here:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1957502

Too expensive. Backed out.

When I was at departure lounge yesterday, dealer messaged me to pick up the piece for RM2000/- !. Toooo late! If past tends are anything to go by (lgo2x launched in Singapore very, very, cheap: 700 SGD. Rumours are this is also a game changer) launch price in india will be below o2x price! Already available at low prices here:

http://www.sgbest.com/product.php?id=352

775 Singapore Dollar.

Good user reviews for the phone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1182710

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1754375/+80

I know u want the 3d, but it isn't out yet, i'm sure it's priced similarly to the SGS2, so which one should u buy? Even on froyo, the LG 3d is a much delicious choice.

Now waiting for India launch...

BTW, any smart phone you buy you get the full benefit when you travel abroad. LTE, Wimax, HSUPA! Short validity 3g data SIM cards for tourist are plentiful. Tune talk (data&voice) can be bought on the plane, and activated as soon as you land. Maxis is the fastest, but only data. P1 is not available for tourists, and its LTE/Wimax.

Edited by angeleyes

LG has gone bonkers.. What it was thinking? :scarerun:

Today it has officially launched Optimus 3D for Rs 37,000 in India. :nono:

How to buy lg o3d for 27k:

Buy Samsung sgs2 for 27 k, play with it for 2 months, then trade it with lgo3d user who is fed up of waiting for ginger bread!

Posted from brand new sgs2! This phone rawks!

:icon_rofl: i am sure LG must have read this and working on the update ASAP