Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sandy

"data Exchange"

In the tariff plans given in Rel Infocom home page, I notice the word "data exchange" ; For eg., in the Freedom plan, they r offering 1 GB data exchange for Rs.650/ mth. Does exchange mean they charge for both download and upload or only for download? Any body has any info on this?

Thx.

Edited by sandy

In the tariff plans given in Rel Infocom home page, I notice the word "data exchange" ; For eg., in the Freedom plan, they r offering 1 GB data exchange for Rs.650/ mth. Does exchange mean they charge for both download and upload or only for download? Any body has any info on this?

Thx.

25290[/snapback]

its both download and upload.

Yep its total usage means upload+download and their 1gb = 1000mb and not 1024mb. all this has be discussed earlier but seems u havent been thorugh those post.

Yep its total usage means upload+download and their 1gb = 1000mb and not 1024mb. all this has be discussed earlier but seems u havent been thorugh those post.

25358[/snapback]

Yeah, indeed I didn't look up the earlier discussion. But I did now. I have asked this because some cable ISP's like Hathway do not charge for uploads. However, even after going through the discussions on this topic, it is still not clear how they charge for DAPO users ( I am one ) .

Thx.

If u wana use ur 400 mins also then -

till 400 mins -

0.50 (day) means pay 0.10 extra

0.40 night

after 400 mins-

0.50 day

0.25 night

this is confirmed from charimans office.

relaince s**ks!!!

Instead of giving some advantage to the initial & loyal customers, Reliance is charging more for DAPO?

Edited by sandy

My Freedom plan (650 p.m.) for FWP was activated on the 11th of January, 2005. My billing cycle goes on from 28th-28th.

So I called up customer care and asked them how was I to be billed, and how the data usage would be billed. I was told I will pay SOME PART of Rs. 650 this month according to number of days, but downloading I can use 1GB before the end of the billing cycle. I asked if I am allowed 1GB form 11th to 28th Jan. I was told to hold on, then the customer care executive came back and told me YES.

Now they have billed me, stating that a part of 1GB was allowed from 11th028th, around 550MB. I have been billed Rs. 5 per MB for 340MB !!! So my bill instead of the usual Rs. 1500, is suddenly Rs. 3636.

I will be going to webworld and getting it waived off no matter what. However, I'd like to ask if any one has any suggestions how to go about it? Because unfair billing has dogged Reliance since the very beginning.

Hoping for the best

****y download quota plans! If they would've just given the plan at an affordable flat rate they would've spared you(the customer) and themselves(the service provider) a LOT OF headache! You would've actually LIKED reliance instead of HATING them right now :)

alam, you will most probably get a credit back from the bill if you send them a complaint through proper methods. Try sending a mail to Chairman's Office or send a FAX.

My Freedom plan (650 p.m.) for FWP was activated on the 11th of January, 2005. My billing cycle goes on from 28th-28th.

So I called up customer care and asked them how was I to be billed, and how the data usage would be billed. I was told I will pay SOME PART of Rs. 650 this month according to number of days, but downloading I can use 1GB before the end of the billing cycle. I asked if I am allowed 1GB form 11th to 28th Jan. I was told to hold on, then the customer care executive came back and told me YES.

Now they have billed me, stating that a part of 1GB was allowed from 11th028th, around 550MB. I have been billed Rs. 5 per MB for 340MB !!! So my bill instead of the usual Rs. 1500, is suddenly Rs. 3636.

I will be going to webworld and getting it waived off no matter what. However, I'd like to ask if any one has any suggestions how to go about it? Because unfair billing has dogged Reliance since the very beginning.

Hoping for the best

25731[/snapback]

alam, I also faced the exact problem, they changed my billing cycle to 45 days and so my bill shot up as I try to maximise my net usage during the start but reduce it at the end of billing cycle so that I stay in the 1 GB limit.

But this change in billing cycle just made all my calculation go wrong.

I called up *333 number of times and even wrote at their support email address but absolutely no response.

do let me know if you are able to resolve this dispute

-----------------

Amit Agarwal

My Blog

alam, I also faced the exact problem, they changed my billing cycle to 45 days and so my bill shot up as I try to maximise my net usage during the start but reduce it at the end of billing cycle so that I stay in the 1 GB limit.

But this change in billing cycle just made all my calculation go wrong.

I called up *333 number of times and even wrote at their support email address but absolutely no response.

do let me know if you are able to resolve this dispute

-----------------

Amit Agarwal

My Blog

25757[/snapback]

Well, I had to go their main office (NOT Webworld) in my city (chandigarh). I explained the whole thing to them. It took a decent bit of standing firm, and in the end they calculated the excess, and filled up the waiver form (yes, they have those), and I got my waiver. At least I've been promised, I'll check back in a few days. Though I must say that at least they wont lie on the face.

Better still, try to get the contact number of your area manager. Its his direct responsiblity, and they try to make sure that they do not lose customers of their area. Thats what my friend did.

P.S. My friend countered them on their basic concept of jumping the pulse if RConnect is dormant for 10 seconds. His bill was reduced by a significant amount.

I have also faced a same problem, I have one post-paid connection using Rconnect freedom plan with 1 GB of Monthly Data Exchabge. My billing cycle is 26-25, but they have changed my billing cycle to 45 days (eg: 26-november-2004-09-January-2005) they have charged me Rs. 796 as Monthly rental. On asking abt this - they told me about their Daily basis billing. We guyz, that's not fair. They have given me only 1 gb in 45 days & they have charged my for 45 days.

REALLY RELIANCE s**ks.........................................................................

Regards

Sumit tiwari

Go to their main office in your city and talk to some guy in charge. Dont lose your cool the first time, at least thats how I handled it. They seem to have been taught to try to ignore as many requests for bill-adjustments as possible.

Reliance S U C K S big time, really.

I havent got the bill for one month now. if anything like this will happen then may be my usage will exceed the required limit. hope they maintain my billing cycle date.

Actually I have no other option other than Reliance.

Just waiting for BSNL broadband launch .. they said Jan 15 but it's already a month now ..

the day they launch BNSL BB, my RIM would be in the recycle bin

Amit Agarwal

URL dropping not allowed

Edited by Arun

What you're using isn't Broadband anyway. Reliance broadband is seperate from R Connect where they give atleast 128 kbps download and also offer 256 kbps (true broadband as per TRAI). It's wired and not wireless.

As an alternative you'd have MTNL/BSNL's dial-up or broadband if you're not looking for mobility.