Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tsk1979

3.5G HSDPA speed available on normal GPRS/EDGE plan?

I am on reliance GSM network, and have Mobile 99 pack activated (2.5G)

I normally see download speeds of 50-80kbps with a symbol "E" in notification bar, which stands for "EDGE".

Today, I started seeing "H" in the notification bar, and speeds of 1.3 mbps!

Now HSPDA means 3.5G. I am not sure if this was available. And how is it even working on my phone when I just have GPRS enabled!

Any idea?

I hope I do not get billed for this, cause I have just registered for GPRS, and I never asked customer care to enable HSPDA on my connection!

^^^

My dear friend, You will be billed as per your data plan and not as per the speeds you are getting. :)

I just have the M99 GPRS/EDGE plan. I was looking at the 3G webpage. they have a Pay as you Go plan.

I serioously hope I won't be billed 3G. I have confirmed with customer care who say 3G happens only if customer asks for it!

Rest, end of month bill will tell.

You cant trust reliance, I have been paying on for stupid VAS activations(activated without my consent) for past 6 months until this MNP came. I came to know only when it is charged on my account and they would never adjust or waive it off.

Customer care tells me 3G not activated on my account, but anyone calling me gets the message "This customer is enjoying 3G".

I am wondering whats the deal!??

^^^

My dear friend, thats a free NONSENSE Caller Tune from Reliance, which they activated on many subscribers accounts regardless to subscriber is using a 3g handset or activated 3g or not.

Now HSPDA means 3.5G. I am not sure if this was available. And how is it even working on my phone when I just have GPRS enabled!

Any idea?

It is High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) :)

Are you using a Nokia phone? In that case you can turn 3G off and access GPRS/EDGE alone by changing the settings.

Menu > Settings > Phone > Network Mode

Select GSM instead of Dual Mode

I know I can manually switch off 3G, but my question is why enable HSPDA is subscriber has not asked for activation.

anyways, I am told by many people that reliance is currently in testing phase, therefore many subscribers are getting HSPDA. It will last for maybe a couple of months more

ya its true enjoy till it last

Take a prepaid Card and use it as data modem. Dont try any stunts with postpaid you may get a heavy bill at the end of your billing cycle

Take a prepaid Card and use it as data modem. Dont try any stunts with postpaid you may get a heavy bill at the end of your billing cycle

guys it was working for me fine till i was using M51 plan, but now i rechraged it with Rs.99 and received sms, ur modem will activate shortly, and now i'm getting only GPRS speed. :( so guys, dont recharge it with Rs.99

Can anybody tell me how to deactivate all net plan? or how to deactivate modem service? So i can re-use the service of Rs.51