Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahiljnmc

Motorola Droid / Droid X Data With Reliance Cdma

Hello Guys.

I have two Droid X working with Reliance CDMA with Voice Text and 1x Data.

After going through many posts and online forums and help from Rimweb members I managed to get 1x working perfectly on both the handsets. I know programming Droids is difficult.

I am getting 1x with my MDN as my Username and Pass through qpst by

a-blanking out NV Items 8040-8040, 8091 and keeping my MDN in NV item 0178

b-Blanking out NV item 0178 and Keeping My MDN in NV items 8040-8043, 8091

The two droid X are getting 1x data from above two different methods.

My problem is I dont know what plan I am using for 1x. I called Relaince CC and they said that I can choose a plan only though Rworld menu on my phone, which i dont have. Is it connecting through Netconnect? If yes how do i choose a plan, If its through Rworld how do i make Relaince guys help me activate a plan for me.

Getting EVDO on Droid/Droidx : Guys before veterans start pouring on me, and saying its just not possible on dorid. Can we have a discussion why? Its been done on every other CDMA networks In US, and other countries..why not on Reliance?.

Before trying for EVDO, I had to make sure that its activated from reliance back end. I got my MEID registered as an EVDO device. Am i supposed to get any username and passs if the EVDO services is active from reliance? Once its active How do i choose a plan.

I called Relaince CC and they had no clue whats EVDO. I just cant make them understand my problem, they dont listen.

Once its active from reliance backend, We can try getting it on the device.

Guys please help

EVDo will not work on Moto

You require NetConnect Plans

EVDo will not work on Moto

You require NetConnect Plans

Thanks for the quick reply Hetal bhai.

when you say Netconnect plans you referring to these hourly based plans http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_netconnect.html

About EVDO, not getting 3g data was a big issue for all the droids, reason being authentication parameters reverting back to default verizon. since then people have found a way to edit NV items and make the authentication parameters for evdo to stick. I am asking this coz i havent got an answer from anyone as to why EVDO not possible on MOto. The only reason it was not happening before has been resolved. Am i missing something , kindly enlighten..lol or am i just wasting my time :( I am unable to test as i dont know what are the authentication parameters for EVDO on reliance and reliance backend is unbale to help me in activating EVDO services. But the authentication parameters can be made to stick.

Thanks

Only Moto i succed is Droid DroidX i dont even i have changed all Parameters correctly

Same with droid 2, only 1X, windows mobile plan will work. Evdo do not work anyways.

Same with droid 2, only 1X, windows mobile plan will work. Evdo do not work anyways.

Yes, We no getting EVDO on Moto Droids, But can anyone tell why? As far as i know getting 3g on droids has been resolved (was huge problem earlier). We just have to implement it in Indian settings.

Can anyone confirm what are the EVDO authentication Parameters for reliance? Is it same MDN as username and Pass or anything else.

1X Chalgaya woh hi bahot hai Droid X pe.

Now enjoy 1x & other features of handset than bogling ur mind on EVDO

Only Moto i succed is Droid DroidX i dont even i have changed all Parameters correctly

Sir i m buying Motorola D2G , will i l able to access EVDO on it after registration ..........

1X Chalgaya woh hi bahot hai Droid X pe.

Now enjoy 1x & other features of handset than bogling ur mind on EVDO

heheh Parin Boss!! Maybe you are right par why EVDO is not possible, there must be some reason..I am just just searching for those reasons..lol

By the way I called up Reliance Customer care regarding Windows Mobile data plan. And as expected, no one had any clue, they keep me asking to call *333 and choose the right option..

Hello Guys this is in reference to this link

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/windows-mobile/tariff.html

200MB for 95 Rs Monthly

500MB for 199 Rs Monthly

Can anyone help me out as how to activate these plans on my Dorid X.

I call *333 and they keep telling me about Rworld plans, Some ask me to call *355 (DataCard Helpline) they again ask me to Call back *333 and choose the right option. I am trying since past 2 days and not even a single CC rep was able to help me out.

Please Help guys

:previous:

just tell them u are using htc P3000 (i.e. htc wave) and it being a windows mobile phone u need win mo plan... dey'll ask ur imei no. tell dem its a cdma phone and doesn't have imei no.

i got win. mo. plan activated in dis manner.. do try dis out...

just tell them u are using htc P3000 (i.e. htc wave) and it being a windows mobile phone u need win mo plan... dey'll ask ur imei no. tell dem its a cdma phone and doesn't have imei no.

i got win. mo. plan activated in dis manner.. do try dis out...

Where should i call? I am a prepaid user and have been trying *333 since past 2 days, none of them were able to even tell whats the windows mobile plan. They keep asking me to select the right menu option from there voice activated service.

I even called the phone number mention on the WM plan page, as soon as i confirm my number it says i cannot access there service. :(

I think WM Plans are not available for prepaid users....

@rahil..

kumaarbhai is rite.. even i spoke wid Reliance World guy.. even he said.. dis plans are not available for prepaid users...

@rahil..

kumaarbhai is rite.. even i spoke wid Reliance World guy.. even he said.. dis plans are not available for prepaid users...

:( Kindly suggest me a plan then!! Are we left with just these Hourly based plans to choose from

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_netconnect.html

for prepaid its pay as u go

no plans

sad but

its like that only

Thats were relaince s**ks

Ok Guys doing a lot of stuff since past 4-5 hours.

Here is the problem as to my understanding.

NV Item 0178 holds the MDN

NV Item 8040-8043, 8091 Holds @myservice.com part of the login script (authentication) for Data.

Moto Droids combine Nv Item 0178 with 8040-8043, 8091 to create a login script like MND@myservice.com.

Now, whats written on these NV items cannot be edited from QPST instaed (reverts back to default NV item data) you have to change NV items itself to create a login script.

Getting 1x is easy because it uses Just MDN as username. so you could either blank out 0178 and write down your MDN in other NV items or Blankout other NV items and retain your MDN in 0178.

Every time the device boots it retains everything after @ and before it it adds ur MDN to create a login script. In both the cases the end result is ur MDN and hence u end up with a perfect login script

About EVDO.

I got my Username and Pass for EVDO today.

Authentication Parameters for EVDO are like MEID@rcom.co.in and hence my problem starts.

I cannot Add my MEID on the NV item 0178 (as it accepts only 10 digit num) being directory for my MDN. So i have no choice but to blank out.

So the only option I am left with is writing the complete login string on NV items 8040-8043 and 8091 and blank out 0178.

But when i do this, i am left out with MEID@ on lts all blank after @.

So all the devs, here is my question. Is it possible to write down username as MEID@myservice.com just by editing NV items 8040-8043 and 8091?

Or any other workaround for this.

HUH!!!

Managed to write HDR Username MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in

this is what i can do rt now:

1- Have My MDN as username and Password in PPP Um tab (hopefully its ofr PPP)

2- Have MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in and my EVDO Pass in PPP An tab (hopefully its for HDR)

Everything sticks nothing reverts back.

I need info guys..

1- My settings for Um tab is correct? or I have to have something different other than my MDN

2- Do i have to select a plan for EVDO before I can connect to it?

Guys I think I am close getting EVDO on Droid x..but no one is giving any inputs here :(

U r going the right way.. Just write MEID@blahblah.com and ur good to go..

also notice.. 10 Digit MDN can be fetched from NAM also.. If u blank out all in NV.. it fetches from NAM.. so my idea is to zero our in NV and let it fetch it from NAM.. so 1X works..

Never worked on Droid x for EVDO though..

Let me know.

U r going the right way.. Just write MEID@blahblah.com and ur good to go..

also notice.. 10 Digit MDN can be fetched from NAM also.. If u blank out all in NV.. it fetches from NAM.. so my idea is to zero our in NV and let it fetch it from NAM.. so 1X works..

Never worked on Droid x for EVDO though..

Let me know.

Sadik bhai, i have managed to write meid@blahblah .com

I m just lil confused about Um and An tabs of qpst. Both the tabs need to have meid@blahbla as username or just the An tab

^^^

UM holds ur PPP and AN HDR..

PPP = 1X

HDR = EVDO

^^^

UM holds ur PPP and AN HDR..

PPP = 1X

HDR = EVDO

OK..

Rt now I have written PPP usernmae and HDR username..this is how i did it.

1-Blanked out 0178

2-8040-8043 added my MDN (PPP Authentication)

3-8091(HDR authentication) my HDR Username

Have files for each NV items.

Thing is I received my EVDO user and pass today, Havent selected any plans yet. Do i need to do that before i can check/connect to EVDO

Edited by rahiljnmc

Yes.. and ur MDN mapped with RSN already??

Also i am not sure how ur phone surviving HDR on reboots.. as what i know is its the radio which reverts it.. if ur sticking its great.. whats the 10 digits in ur NAM??

Also i am not sure how ur phone surviving HDR on reboots.. as what i know is its the radio which reverts it.. if ur sticking its great.. whats the 10 digits in ur NAM??

Yes its surviving reboots, It reverts back if done from qpst, if we edit the NV item 8091 with the complete login string. It sticks like anything..

NAM is blanked out