Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Please Suggest A Good CDMA Handset Between 10K And 15K

hello folks :)

its nice to see a dedicated forum about reliance .

ok i have a cdma number which obviously i cant port,

have been using a corby speed from past 1 year and now i seriously wanna upgrade, since i have purchased optimus one handset for my other GSM number , i just cant get alond with corby really.

have been moving like a freak all over delhi but apart from one samsung qwerty and samsung duos , there is just no other handset available.

I dont wanna go for blackberry coz there are really no features in em and i will never use blackberry services.

My requirements are - great looks :P , good battery , fast interface , best signal catching and everything else decent.

please suggest me a few good handsets and also the places in delhi from where i can buy em.

• Like 1

@ Josh - I agree with amit, go for the Facinate by Hetal Bhai its a great deal.

Josh - welcome to the forum, definitely you will not get better deal than the Fascinate one, great handset from one of the gurus, go for it.

Go for the fascinate... and that too from Hetalbhai... Awesome seller... and techofreak...

well i am kinna dicey abt buying old stuff

the Epic is a great deal , but the deep scratches are a let down on the top :P

will still have a talk with the Op.

in the mean time pl keep helping me out guyz, i ll be thankful :)

well i am kinna dicey abt buying old stuff

the Epic is a great deal , but the deep scratches are a let down on the top :P

will still have a talk with the Op.

in the mean time pl keep helping me out guyz, i ll be thankful :)

Hi Josh,

I too went for the deal from Hetal Bhai..I assure you its worth to go in for that. Best deal ever. Nothing as such old at all. Word mint also was used because he is a fair person.

I am v happy.

well @ caringlover , i am sure the fascinate deal looks awesome as well, but would like to update again that i am already having a Optimus one for my other GSM connection,

dont you think having two drastically similar phones ( both bar type , androids , total touch and stuff ) will ruin my experience .

would apprecaite if you all learned folks can suggest me a few more options ( i am already in for FASCINATE and EPIC , but would appreciate some more suggestions )

i was more inclined towards something like epic really which has a front camera as well as a qwerty keypad too along with the same specifications of fascinate.

but I am a noob among you guyz, would really appreciate if you folks guide me into right direction please.

i am really sick of my corby and desperately need to upgrade

also how does the payment thingy works here , and what about the shipping of item , how it is all done , is there a protection plan from the respected forum regarding frauds and stuff.

regards

Edited by joshm

@Josh Mckinzie

Seeing your posts here in quest for a Very Good CDMA phone... Alongwith that the usual things which reflects from your posts ...

Uncertainty, Apprehension, Can I get better, I will do it myself... People may have a self interest in suggesting & guiding...

All this is perfectly normal and what we term here as Noob Syndrome...

I was not inclined to post but your noob plea and sick of corby touched a cord somewhere and so Let Me try to put in my 2 Dollars (It's not 2 Cents...) with this long post.

Read On...

Typing so much is such a pain... Still...

Drastic Similarity of Optimus One & Fascinate:

It seems that Optimus One is your first Android Phone and you haven't been exposed to any other. Read your comments in another topic that you are quite excited about it and consider it as a very good phone in many respects. Now if you are drooling with Optimus One, You will surely reach Orgasm if you go for Fascinate in CDMA. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. It's like asking which will be better... Hyundai Santro or Mercedes Benz... You Know the Answer... Don't You? ...

Samsung Fascinate is a variant of Samsung Galaxy S series and the following things sets it miles apart from LG Optimus One...

One of the Most Powerful Android Smartphone. ARM Cortex A8 1GHz Processor

Incredibly Fast Graphics Processing Unit PowerVR SGX540

Super AMOLED, 16M colors, 4.0" 480x800 pixels TouchScreen.. It's Scratch Resistant Gorila Glass Cover..

2 GB of Internal Memory

5 MP Camera With Flash

720p HD Video Recording

I can go on but it's an experience thing. Coming from Corby and Optimus One... You will be bowled over.

So either you can benefit from someone else's experience or Own mistakes which will of course turn into personal experience later on... Lolz..

Protection Plan From Forum Regarding Frauds Etc.. About Hetal Patel (Didn't i tell you about the Noob Syndrome!!!)

Two Things... Read the following threads and come back here again...

Topic 1 http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__219521

Topic 2 http://www.rimweb.in...ck-for-hetaldp/

Feeling much better now... I bet...

How it is all done...

1. You Contact The Seller.

2. Get Details of Bank Account To Transfer Money.

3. Transfer Money.

4. He ships the Phone through reputed couriers. Next day delivery in Metros. 72 Hours Max in Case of Other Cities.

And after that you will come back here and thank all of us profusely...

Will Stick to RIMweb and wonder why this did not happen to you earlier...

Have A Blast... And don't feel offended at all..

This post is written intentionally in a forcefull manner..

For You This May be the First Time Here..

We All Have reinveted the Wheel numerous times... And Still will be willing to do so if the query is well researched, meaningful...

• Like 5

ok i have a cdma number which obviously i cant port

I think you can easily port to gsm number.

yes you can easily port to gsm . there is nothing like that that you cant port cdma

okay first, to answer the good folks who are suggesting porting : this is a corporate connection :P so that sums it up .

@ rajanmehta : well dear mate , thanks a bunch for taking SO MUCH time to understand and reply to my so called NOOB SYNDROME and puttin your fingers in such great PAIN in trying to post a TREATMENT.

I would have appreciated your kind effort a lot more if you would have toned the noob this and noob that thing down a bit, there is always first time for everything everywhere and we all should respect that !!! and I am not offeneded if you are thinking ( i bet you are ) .. the profession i am in , i come across such things on a daily basis, all in all still a bunch of thankies for the time you put in to clear so much .. god bless !!!

LOl i never said O1 is the best :P i always say its the best in its segment and i still stand by it, a couple of my pals have overclocked it to 800MHz and its still stable as hell and works very good , i am totally aware that its an entry level android but i am not at all comparing it with fascinate or epic ( did it ??? )

anyways as i am new here so just wanted to know how things work in this place , coz till date i have getting my gadgets directly from US via ebay... i guess i wasnt wrong in asking about how it all works here , and THANKS goes again to you for explaining it to me in a lucid manner.

I am in dilemma coz i have a bar phone already which is ttal touch and stuff , so i have only requested good folks here to suggest me some more options so that i canb pick and choose.

as far as the question of trusting is concerned well i guess you would have been a bit apprehensive urself when you may have done ur first deal here,

I have done my bit of going thru this forum and have already decided from whom i am gonna buy whenever i am gonna buy.

And dude !! I know all about the specifications of what i am buying or gonna buy , but the thing which every NOOB and a smarter NOOB both will agree is that official Indian markets s**ks big time as far as great CDMA handsets are concerned, there is just crap out there being sold in the name of cdma mobiles, thats the resaon i wantb to make sure how things are being done here

I ll still re iterate my original ( and latest :P query ) pl gimme some more options if you folks can otherwise fascinate or Epic it will be

Edited by joshm

Rajanbhai you certainly have the gift of the gab, great post.

Josh if your criteria is QWERTY in addition to touch screen, go for Epic from Hetal bhai, or check the Droid Pro from Genius bhai. It is all down to what are your requirements.

Nice post Rajan bhai.

+1 for you .

Well, everybody here was noob at a point of time. And to be humble enough, everybody remains a noob till he dies.

Hence a newbie should receive a cozy welcome from all of us. Everybody should be given ample chance to express himself (remember, master cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar scored his first century after 17 tests). To my mind, we all are Schrödinger's cats, marred by the famous paradox.

Anyways, @Josh Mckinzie, you can follow Rajan brother's suggestions blindly, he'd never suggest you a wrong thing. He is a great researcher.

• Like 3

UPDATE :

as was advised ( and LOL expected }

I have made payments to Hetal

and now waiting for my phone :)

Thanks to all for helping me out :)

god bless

^^^ Congratulations to you buddy.. And enjoy ANDROID...

UPDATE :

as was advised ( and LOL expected }

I have made payments to Hetal

and now waiting for my phone :)

Thanks to all for helping me out :)

god bless

Congrats... N welcome 2 rimweb family...

:good: a wise move..