Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
neerajayshree

Can I Update Version Of Palm Pixi Post MEID?

Dear Gurus

I have a palm Pixi whose MEID registered with reliance.

this device is on 3.1.5

and I want to update it with the Bypass rom "palmpixi_sprint_140_bypass_treo8.jar" submitted by Hitesh

now my queries are

1) will it affect my MEID registration done by Hetal and Saddik

2) will the data be intact or shall it be erazed

3) If it shall be erased how do I Backup the same ( i dont have a palm profile, Preware is not working) and then how do i Restore it

I know mails and Contacts can be sync with google sync my problem is for

mainly messages and Notes are important to me.

4) what happens to the Patches, Applications loaded from WOQI ( can they be backed up in any way )

5) do i have to do my data settings again ( currently 1X is working thanks to Saddik's tutorial)

Next shall be how can I get a profile created I dont have wifi in this it is not pixi +

regards

Niraj

I dont have a great knowledge as i have recently got a pixi but will still like to answer the question

Dear Gurus

I have a palm Pixi whose MEID registered with reliance.

this device is on 3.1.5

and I want to update it with the Bypass rom "palmpixi_sprint_140_bypass_treo8.jar" submitted by Hitesh

now my queries are

1) will it affect my MEID registration done by Hetal and Saddik

It wont if its the original MEID

2) will the data be intact or shall it be erazed

Files on usb drive wont be affected but patches application will be gone

3) If it shall be erased how do I Backup the same ( i dont have a palm profile, Preware is not working) and then how do i Restore it I know mails and Contacts can be sync with google sync my problem is for

mainly messages and Notes are important to me.

Get a palm profile whats the problem? else use any backup application

4) what happens to the Patches, Applications loaded from WOQI ( can they be backed up in any way )

No Idea...

5) do i have to do my data settings again ( currently 1X is working thanks to Saddik's tutorial)

no you dont have to, still would like any

experienced person to throw a light on this

Next shall be how can I get a profile created I dont have wifi in this it is not pixi +

regards

Niraj

BAck to the point.

1) Yes Sure you can update to the SPrint 1.4.0 Without any problem.

2) Yes, It will erase your data. IF you are having data downloaded from Palm Store, then it will be auto backup once you flash the new rom. The non palm store data needs to be backup.

3) Wow! What type of data are you having then? If its just pics, videos, music, copy the data to your PC Hard drive. If apps are there download the newer ones. Most are available on the net. Memo's and tasks can be emailed.

4) Patches will get erased. But no worries, they can be rewritten if you having woqi. Its the same procedure you installed it.

Btw, you having some problem with the Netconnectivity? Don't worry about anything unless you have internet. :)

5) Yes, you have to edit the data plans. But it remains the same way. Everything is just simple as you did it.

MEID, Phone Secured information does not affect if you flash you phone.