Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Satin

Palm Pixi Plus is hanging after upgrading to 1.4.5

I have recently purchased a palm pixi plus, everything was working fine until yesterday, when i upgraded my phone to 1.4.5, now it is asking me to sign up palm profile, when i do that, the message says , it has failed, the phone is now hung, and does not proceed any further.

It is because of this problem that i am here with you people who i guess are veri experts, i can judge that after going through the forum discussions.Now my request to all gurus on this forum is to help me solve this problem as i am relatively new to all this.

Thank you in anticipation.

Satinder.

Palm Pixi Plus by default is locked to sprint or Verizon depending upon the model you have. When this Handset is used with Indian Mobile Network, you cannot simply upgrade to a newer version of palm OS provided by Palm. It will get stuck at palm profile stage.

You need to use a version called Bypass ROM which ignores this stage and will work on your phone.

Look at this topic in the forum to check if there is an updated version of Bypass ROM available for your phone. http://www.rimweb.in...ms-in-one-post/

Update to that ROM and it will not get stuck at Palm Profile stage.

Running the Activation-Bypass Tool The activation-bypass tool is a Java application. To use the tool, you need to have installed Java and the latest webOS SDK (which includes the Novacom driver).

1. Download the activation-bypass tool, which is available here, and save it in the location of your choice.
  2. Boot your device into recovery mode, as described above.
  3. Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar

The device will reboot. Once the device is booted, it will be in developer mode, and the first use procedure will not be required. The device will be ready to use, subject to the limitations of non-activation.

i think above will solve your problem no need to download the full rom after that u can use the preware patch to enable 1st use & u are good to go

• Like 1

Thank you Rajan and Parin for your advice, pls also let me know couple of things, before I proceed further

1.) whether i would be required to remove the the update of 1.4.5 that i had earlier downloaded and which had caused all the problem.

2.) After downloading the bypass rom, would i need to do all the settings for unlocking/jailbreaking my verizon palm pixi, which the seller had done earlier, as for that matter i only have a RSN no. or the phone would start working as earlier.

Please bear with me I am very new to these things.

Thank you all once again.

Satinder.

There is something more that i wish to know, after i enter into recovery mode by removing battery and then re-inserting it and after doing all that stuff, how to put that by pass rom once that big usb icon appears .

Thanks once again

Satinder

Mr Satinder, I have a very simple solution for you. Instead of you getting completely educated, doing all this on your own (Particularly when you believe that you are very NEW to all this things), breaking hair in one problem after another (Bound to happen)... Pixi is a kind of a naughty horse... very difficult to ride on... And losing your mental peace in the process...

Why don't you approach Mr tushar_163 who is one of the technically knowledgable & helpful seller here. You are at Gurgaon, He is at Delhi. Contact him, get the phone done properly, pay fair amount as service charges & have peace of mind.

His Contact Details..

2w7q1ya.png

• Like 1

:previous:

Yes Rajan is right

that is the best option

^^ I agree with Rajan and Parin

Install palm SDK, and updated jre on ur system, download Pixi rom from treo8(Bypass ROM) website, and after conncting the pixi in recovery mode just double click the rom and the rest will be done....

There is something more that i wish to know, after i enter into recovery mode by removing battery and then re-inserting it and after doing all that stuff, how to put that by pass rom once that big usb icon appears .

Thanks once again

Satinder

Install palm SDK, and updated jre on ur system, download Pixi rom from treo8(Bypass ROM) website, and after conncting the pixi in recovery mode just double click the rom and the rest will be done....

Thanks once again

Satinder

Thanks Mr.Rajan Mehta, Parin, Praful and everyone- finally I have managed to have my phone working.Before going to Tusshar i thought of giving one last try and that did the thing and i was thro.

Three days back when my phone went into coma, half my world was shattered, suddenly i was all alone cut off from the rest of world, my friend from canada was to call me, my business links were broken and all of a sudden the world came to halt, no one new how to mend this phone,I was depressed my new phone had gone dead, and when i found this site, i was totally new to all this and when i went through the forum i couldnt understand what everybody was talking about-Meid ,ESN and all that, but i had a hope that something was possible here.

It was through the efforts of Mr.Rajan Mehta, Parin and Praful who guided me step by step and I was through, what is great about this site is that everybody is willing to help each other without any personal interest.

Once again I thank everyone who has helped me without you my phone would still have been dead.

Satinder.

Anybody trying webos 2.1 rom on pixi plus ? Apparently some people have got it working

installling WebOS 2 on pixi is like 4 men seating on two wheeler bike,

its slow device , so even we get thru it will be too slow and buggy.

enjoy what u have !