Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

I am also facing the Similar Issue like Jabir on ED01

For Fascinate 2.1 is best

2.2 is real buggy softwaqre

even i am using Community ROM but that is also not good

^ ^ ^

Have you tried Android 2.2 Build DL30 with DL09 Radio? I am using it and have not encountered any deep sleep issue or any other major bug till date on my Fascinate.

Is radio the only thing that creates deep sleep issue.

In that case, we can have DL09 radio on EB01 / ED01 / ED04 /EC09 to resolve the issue.

@rajan, is there any link for the Odin file of DL30

Edited by tarun_kabra

@rajan, is there any link for the Odin file of DL30

Will have to search for it. DL30 came pre-installed on my phone. Courtesy : Hetal Patel

I searched but there is no Odin file for DL30, its only for DL09 and that zip upgrade for DL30.

But I am happy with EB01, so not going for DL30 as of now. Also not yet faced any issue of Deep Sleep on EB01 Radio.

There is another Froyo Update 2.2.2 for Fascinate ED05

There is link for Odin file of ED05 official update on XDA

Also check Here, says that it fixes the missed call issue

Downloading right now.

Edited by tarun_kabra

Tarun Ji - whats the update??

I am using ED01 build community rom

Dont try that ODIN ED01 its of no USE more trouble some

Sill Community rom is good but

this deep sleep problem is still there

Edited by parin

Just updated my fascinate with the above package using odin without PIT. Will update on missed call problem in 2 days after practical usage.

^^^

wats is the result of official latest update ?

any lags ? or some issue ?

well i have been trying very many combination since last 3 or 4 months with my fascinate to get best reception, 3G speeds and NO MISSED CALL issues.

And i can confirm That the LATEST 2.2.2 ED05 LEAK is a real deal,

its the snappiest of all the STOCK official and Leak ROMs for the fassy that is among D101, Dl09, DL30, EB01.

and IT HAS CERTAINLY FIXED the notorious MISSED CALL ISSUE ( as far as i am concerned, yay!!!! )

I have been using it from past 4 days and i can say its the BEST setup after the debloated, debinged, deodexed Ed01 that i was using before.

Its easy to install it as well !!!

Just FLASH the .TAR file via ODIN through the PDA section and have Peace folks.

If you have been using the TOUCHWIZ ROMS like the community or evil fascination or Stock ones, there is no need to flash the PIT file But if you are currently on the AOSP or MIUI structure which have diff file systems then you ll need the PIT file to repartition.

here are the MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD links to the ED05. It contains the main ODIN TAR file for ed05 ROM and if someone needs then it also has the PIT file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d95vgygkk9d75sq
http://www.mediafire.com/?23qdsakjrraqqdj

Once installed ROOT it and use TITANIUM BACKUP to kill all verizon services as well as that crappy City id ;P

If anyone wants i can outline later the process to safely root it as well.

ED05 is NOT OFFICIAL till now, its just another a LEAK and personally i am of the opinion that its been deliberately leaked by VZN itself to get a response of this before finally releasing the missed call fix over the air for the fascinate users in US

DISCLAIMER : as i have seen, the fascinates differ a lot in their response to Roms, kernels and radios : Although this has been a GENERAL review about this particular LEAK but still do it all at ur own risk , I or RIMWEB will not be responsible for anything wrong that happens to your devise

Edited by joshm
  • Like 2

@joshm, thanks for the update on ED05.

Though I have DL the same but not yet updated my fascinate.

Now as you have confirmed it working fine, will update after 31/07 only.

@joshm

can u upload it to

www.multiupload.com

as u know most of the media sharing websites are blocked

@Parin, the XDA post has the Multiupload.com link.

I think the files of Joshm & XDA are same.

Correct me, if they are different.

Sure uploading to Multiupload now as well

@ tarun_kabra : i have only uploaded the ROm and the PIT , there are other smallish files as well , but they arent needed if you are gonna use the ODIN method.

This is the .tar file here .

http://www.multiupload.com/OAQ3F68XPK

flash with ODIN in PDA section

Before flashing pl confirm that the MD5 is same as : 75FF53ADA8278A10149CEFF756D7A42D

size:440.63MB , its bigger than the links above as those are rared links and this one is unrared.

and root it then install titanium backup and remove all vzn crap + the city id .

see ya

Edited by joshm

well i have been trying very many combination since last 3 or 4 months with my fascinate to get best reception, 3G speeds and NO MISSED CALL issues.

And i can confirm That the LATEST 2.2.2 ED05 LEAK is a real deal,

its the snappiest of all the STOCK official and Leak ROMs for the fassy that is among D101, Dl09, DL30, EB01.

and IT HAS CERTAINLY FIXED the notorious MISSED CALL ISSUE ( as far as i am concerned, yay!!!! )

I have been using it from past 4 days and i can say its the BEST setup after the debloated, debinged, deodexed Ed01 that i was using before.

Its easy to install it as well !!!

Just FLASH the .TAR file via ODIN through the PDA section and have Peace folks.

If you have been using the TOUCHWIZ ROMS like the community or evil fascination or Stock ones, there is no need to flash the PIT file But if you are currently on the AOSP or MIUI structure which have diff file systems then you ll need the PIT file to repartition.

here are the MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD links to the ED05. It contains the main ODIN TAR file for ed05 ROM and if someone needs then it also has the PIT file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d95vgygkk9d75sq
http://www.mediafire.com/?23qdsakjrraqqdj

Once installed ROOT it and use TITANIUM BACKUP to kill all verizon services as well as that crappy City id ;P

If anyone wants i can outline later the process to safely root it as well.

ED05 is NOT OFFICIAL till now, its just another a LEAK and personally i am of the opinion that its been deliberately leaked by VZN itself to get a response of this before finally releasing the missed call fix over the air for the fascinate users in US

DISCLAIMER : as i have seen, the fascinates differ a lot in their response to Roms, kernels and radios : Although this has been a GENERAL review about this particular LEAK but still do it all at ur own risk , I or RIMWEB will not be responsible for anything wrong that happens to your devise

Please tell how to root after flashing to this rom.

Thanks Josh

Was trying to upload from XDA link from Morning but everytime its getting breaked i am not able to downoad it.

Had called Reliance CC

They told every file sharing website will be closed till 31st July

only mutiupload is working but its getting breaked while download

@rahujas, ed05 is a froyo build, so rooting method of eb01, ed01 should work with this also.

Tarun Kabra

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

well guys, just noticed few things on my fascinate which also seems a common issue with all fascinate owners.

My handset often does not show me missed calls, even does not hear some of the calls made to me.It sometimes goes off to shut down which i guess is sleep mode and i have to again switch it on, whats the solution for that?

well guys, just noticed few things on my fascinate which also seems a common issue with all fascinate owners.

My handset often does not show me missed calls, even does not hear some of the calls made to me.It sometimes goes off to shut down which i guess is sleep mode and i have to again switch it on, whats the solution for that?

not showing missed calls is the issue with majority of fascinate BUILDS somehow , ED05 fixes it , flash Ed05 and you wont miss anything.

and the other issue aint common ,

i suggest you refresh the ROM by flashing the full Ed05 , should fix a lot of things.

How to ROOT ED05 , kinna simple !!!

store latest SU package on ur SD card from here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?38vozx7n37u02a5

download the .tar version of recovery from here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=556634&d=1301538947

after storing latest SU package on ur sd card, flash the recovery using ODIN

as soon as it finished straight away boot in recovery by pressing and holding vol up + vol down + power button ( and u ll reach the RED RECOVERY )

and flash the Su package by selecting install from SD card option and give path to the SU package.

you ll be rooted.

• Like 2

Ok :

I have done some extensive testing , asking a few folks to constantly call my no and note down the time of call ,

also tried using the EC09 radio as well with the Ed05 Leak , work great too.

all in all, I WOULD HEREBY REQUEST and ADVISE all the fascinate SELLERS to ship the handsets with ED05 LEAK or make the buyer flash ED05 as soon as he receives the shipment.

This means no missed calls and stuff for the buyers.

regards

Another UPDATE :

as of 28th July Verizon has finally made ED05 official :)

so they have ultimately OFFICIALLY fixed the most annoying FROYO issue with the fascinate, that of missed calls.

ED05 is now available OVER THE AIR to all the verizon fascinate users ( of course who are on STOCK ;) )

I guess we ll see another spike in Fascinate's fascination, TBH its one of the most awesome mobile handsets i have come across till date.

have fun folks !!! and pl never hesitate to throw ur queries at me , although i donno much like the GURUS here but whatever little research i have done for myself regarding fascinate , thru that i ll defo try and answer you guys's queries.

god bless

regards

@Joshm, Thanks for the news. Have you got an OTA update or using the same Odin file from XDA. How to know if there is any difference in the official and leaked ed05.

Tarun Kabra

@Joshm, Thanks for the news. Have you got an OTA update or using the same Odin file from XDA. How to know if there is any difference in the official and leaked ed05.

Tarun Kabra

we cant get an OTA update here in India and with reliance, not possible ( OTA is possible with the complete vzn framework only, rooted devises are not entitled to OTA even if they are on vzn network in US )

there must some very minor changes in the official version and my be none, cant tell right now

the official version should be out in a few days i guess ( but depends , see Ed04 official files took forever , JT has just released them (ed04 update ) yesterday infact after so long )

but TBH i havent seen a single bug in the ed05 leak and i am sure even if there comes an official Ed05, i wont switch to it :P this leak is working like a charm .

Here are some hidden menus for Fascinate. I've used a few of them on my Fascinate and found really helpful for changing some basic settings. My phone is not a rooted one. Rooting is not essential for using these codes.

It's really risky to play with hidden menues if you are not confident on your phone.

So, make a backup of your phone.

To enable Hidden menu, do the following:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key

Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927

Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000

Press the Hidden menu Enable radio button.

Now these codes can be used.

##RTN# - Real-Time Network, i.e. ##786# (RTN)

Lots of useful information, like the Life timer / calls and Life Byte usage stats, whether the phone is new of refurbished.. etc

Audio Tuning

*#28346#

Several audio tuning menus.

I've only tested the two items below:

To silence boot and shutdown audio go to Situation/BOOTSOUND and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

To silence the volume key audio when turning the volume up/down go to Situation/VOLUMEKEY and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

Full Bat Popup

*#3844228#

This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

I have tested this and it works successfully.

HwCodec

*#0002*28346#

Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a sidetone adjustment.

I have not tested any of these items yet.

Shutdown

*#7594#

This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.

No more pop-up confirmation.

I have tested this and it works successfully.

I also need to point out that this disables your slide lock screen.

Diag/Testing Mode

*#4636*1111#

GPSSetup menu

*#1472365#

The settings are set to the "fixed" values by default.

You can go into Command and then start GPS and force a satellite lock.

There's other cool info there too.

*#7594#

If your enable this, it appears to not only shutdown your phone with a long press of the power key, but it also disables your lock screen (puzzle/glass screen). I found the puzzle to unlock very annoying, so I disabled it. My phone screen opens without any lock.

Enter GPS debug/settings application by typing *#1472365#

click "Setup" tab

click "position mode"

Click "starting mode

Enable "Cold Start"

Back out.

Very useful tests for the GPS!!!

Setup/Position Mode/ Operation Mode: (Standalone/MSAssisted/MSBased) Starting Mode: (Cold Start/Warm Start/Hot Start) Session Type: (Single Fix/Navigation) Setup/Command allows you to test the GPS and look at the results

*#INFO*1111# - Testing

Phone information/Battery information/Battery history/Usage statistics

Very useful diagnostics

*#0*# - LCD TEST

red/green/blue/melody/vibration/dimming/megacam/Sensor/touch/sleepmode/LED/RECEIVER

Very useful tests for the LCD

*#DATA*727336*# - DataCreate

Call log/System Space/User Space/Phone Book/Schedule/Message/Ring tone/Screen/IMEI/ESN/Error log

Very useful information!!!

*#0228# - BatteryStatus

Very useful real-time battery statistics! It shows the temperature also.

##UPST# - PhoneUtil - UART/USB

Universal Asychronous Receiver/Transmitter / Universal Serial Bus

Most likely controls how you connect technician testing equipment to test out the UART/USB subsystems

##DATA# - Data Programming - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

User Name/Advanced/Restore/Enable HFA/DSA Server/MMSC/URL/Multimedia/WorkMode/WiMAX

##DEBUG# - Debug Menu - (Verizon customers: whenever prompted for SPC enter 000000)

Debug Screen/Test Calls/RC Data/HDR/1X Selection/Voice Privacy/DTMF Set/Korea Mode Set

##AKEY# - Data A key menu - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##<MSL># - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

Program your Mobile Device Number(MDN) and Mobile Station ID(MSID)

##GPSCLRX# - Reset the GPS - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##SCRTN# - Changes DSA back to Factory - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##TTY# - TTY TestMode

*#0842# - Device Test - Vibration Test

*#0673# - MelodyTest

*#7780# - Factory data reset

*#232331# - BluetoothTest

*#2664# - Touchscreen Accuracy Test

Nice if you want to see how accurate your touchscreen is

*#0283# - ServiceMode - PACKET LOOPBACK

Need to hit home to get out - I couldn't get this to do anything but it could be the data packet that you sent coming back to you on the loopback device

*#767*3855# - Factory Format - WARNING!!!

It will lead you to a position where you will be required to reactivate your phone.

*#0011# - ServiceMode - Force Closes - Menu key to bring up menu

Will turn on your radio, and then reboot

*#32489# - ServiceMode - Force Closes - Menu key to bring up menu

Doesn't seem to affect the radio

*#0782# - RTCTimeRead - Displays Date and Time

*#745# - Sec_RIL_Dump - Has the LogFileList

Copy to phone memory/Copy to SD card(grayed out)/View Ril Log(grayed out)/Clear Ril Log/Exit

Probably dumps the logs for the Radio Interface Layer (RIL) between the Operating System and the phone's radio and modem

I haven't tested a dump.

*#9900# - SysDump

copy logcat/dumpstate/dumpsys/enable debug log/copy/watchdogdumpstatelog

Probably dumps the logs for the Operating System kernel

I haven't tested a dump.

Open the dialer then press

SPC code 000000

The bottom of the screen will have buttons that are directional like a d-pad.

Press down until you see:

SVC Mode NAM1

End of BASIC NAM

Exit

Press right once you will see EXIT change to MORE

Hit enter

Press Down once and you will See

HomePage VoiceSO

EVRC

Push right button to change to EVRC-B

Hit OK Phone will reboot.

• Like 1