Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

can any one tell me which is the latest and most stable ROM for fascinate ?

i m confused about it!

ED05 is Stable

Guys I m on ED01 how do I update it with new ED05? Am a snob so show me simple way to do it.

I flashed from ED01 to ED05 with froyo on 2.2.2 update.It works perfectly fine now accept for all the incoming calls now shows different countries names along with callers phone no and name like iran, srilanka, how can one disable this?

guys one more thing, after this update there are some useless apps and softwares on my handset now which were not before.how do i delete these files.

Good thing is that after this update, i have not faced my handset switching off by itself issue as yet as well as no missed calls. :Sorprendido:

Root the phone and remove an app -CITY ID by installing Titanium backup..

Or wait for 15 days, CITY ID will expire.

Btw in all this forgot to mention all this update was done by hetalji with all the patience with me.

+1 to ur support hetalbhai.

I flashed from ED01 to ED05 with froyo on 2.2.2 update.It works perfectly fine now accept for all the incoming calls now shows different countries names along with callers phone no and name like iran, srilanka, how can one disable this?

guys one more thing, after this update there are some useless apps and softwares on my handset now which were not before.how do i delete these files.

Good thing is that after this update, i have not faced my handset switching off by itself issue as yet as well as no missed calls. :Sorprendido:

well Dear Amit just said , root your phone ( scroll a few posts upwards and you can find the method and links that i have added )

and then install TITANIUM backup and uninstall city id and all other verizon crap like bing and other applications of VZN.

regards

can any one plese help

i upgraded my fascinate from ed01 to ed05.

now my phone does not show on qpst , and gives a message of 'phone did not answer' on cdma workshop so i am not able to put in the prl and other evdo settings to the phone , where am i wrong can anyone please help.

I am Facing Problem Flashing ED05

moment flash is complete it gets Stucked on language selection...

Anybody else facing same

previous.gif

You need to input your MDN using QPST or CDMA WS. This language selection screen will go away then.

Ok gr8

Thanks

But i used EB01 Factory ODIn

In That its Not req

I am using custom ROM and struggled a lot with that language screen selection. Then I found that its related to MDN.

I am Facing Problem Flashing ED05

moment flash is complete it gets Stucked on language selection...

Anybody else facing same

I don't think that this issue is because of ED05. I flashed ED05 on two fascinates, myself and on recently purchased from Vijay Malhotra.

On my new fascinate I didn't face any issue while flashing ED05 (I done it twice) whereas on flashing the fascinate purchased from Vijay Malhotra I stuck at the language selection screen.

I tried flashing that with all DL09, EB01, Touchwiz based custom roms, but the issue remained the same.

Than I tried flashed that fascinate CM7/MIUI GB Roms and didn't faced any issues.

When I asked about this to Mr. Vijay Malhotra, he told me to do the same thing as posted by "Saurabh (phonegeek)"

Now the thing is that when you are not able to bypass the language selection screen, how you will enable the DUN mode on your phone to be detected by QPST/CDMA WS.

I couldn't find any solution to this till now, is it possible to get the phone detected in QPST without enabling DUN mode?

Another solution I found on somewhere XDA/Android Central is to flash with DL01 Odin File.

I will try this tonight.

can any one plese help

now my phone does not show on qpst , and gives a message of 'phone did not answer' on cdma workshop so i am not able to put in the prl and other evdo settings to the phone , where am i wrong can anyone please help.

Rishi ji, I think for detecting your phone in QPST, you will have to enable DUN mode on your phone.

In Froyo Roms (ED01/ED05), there is no options in the settings to enable DUN mode.

You will have to enable hidden menu to enable DUN mode and phone will be detected in QPST.

Edited by tarun_kabra

But why does upgrading the ROM should mess up EVDO settings & PRL ? Earlier in the topic, someone was saying, it should not !!

@tarun_kabra / others

There is great confusion over whether updating the ROM in Fascinate affects EVDO / PRL / MIN settings ? It certainly did in the above case. Also HP mentioned that doing a WIPE will remove MIN? What's your actual experience for updating to ED05? Did your settings got messed up and had to be re-programmed via CDMA Workshop ? Did you WIPE ?

If your settings were not affected, can you just list what exact process you followed for update?

In my case, any of my Nam/Prl/MDN settings never got effected by any update either on Fascinate or on Epic.

I always used ODIN for flashing my Fascinate. I had tried DL09/EB01/ED05/EC09 and I was able to use 3G just right after flashing th Odin.

What I think the problem is faced by people using Samsung PST software for flashing Tar file. Odin flashing never touches the Nam settings on Fascinate or Epic.

^ ^ ^

Did you WIPE the phone during any update ? This is what Hetal Patel had to say in one of his status update..

All Samsung Fascinate Users / Please notedown your MIN number from Settings / About Phone - Status - MIN because if in any case you wipe your Phone it will also get Wiped and your calling may get stopped

i had done the same update but with the XDA link.. its not worth.. it removed n wiped everything..(helped by Tarun Kabra ji:Thank you) i was stuck then i had gone back to DL09 and entered/wrote everything to the phone.. and back again to ED05 thru ODIN(attched) do it through ODIN and the rom which Joshm(Thank you) posted(media fire links)... it will work flawlessly.. you need to get ODIN 3_v1.3 which i have attached..

you can by pass the language screen(To bypass activation screen, press emergency call button, then at the dialer, press *#83786633, then press the Home key! Enjoy! courtesy:Hitesh Bhai:Thank you)

you can get your phone detected by putting in **usbui then select USB as modem and dont forget to put it in usb debugging mode..

there is one more thing that you can get your phone detected.. but cant write here.. PM me for that! :P

if any one need any more info please PM (specially Parin bhai ;) )

Odin3_v1.3.rar

• Like 3

^ ^ ^

Did you WIPE the phone during any update ? This is what Hetal Patel had to say in one of his status update..

All Samsung Fascinate Users / Please notedown your MIN number from Settings / About Phone - Status - MIN because if in any case you wipe your Phone it will also get Wiped and your calling may get stopped

No never wiped. Simply used ODIN Flash.

I don't seew any need of Wipe if you are flashing using ODIN.

• Like 1

Thank you Joshm, Parin, Tarunbhai, Shashank.

You guys have tempted me to shake off my conservative beliefs..

So finally updated to ED05 from DL30. Used ROM file uploaded by Joshm & ODIN from Shashank. Used Rooting method by Joshm.

Everthing went well without a single hitch. Did not face the City ID issue also and calls received are displaying the number normally like before.

Very Early Obsevation for ED05

• Phone Feels snapier though this may be also due to the fact that i have refrained / yet to install all apps which were there earlier.
  • Wi-Fi On-Off is faster.
  • EVDO Speed touched 1.9 Mbps in very early morning which is about the same during that time. Not much difference in EVDO speed during daytime / peak hours.
  • Though i really don't believe in Quadrant benchmark, it's score went up when tested immediately after flashing compared to earlier ROM.
  • I never faced call lost (Deep sleep) issue in DL30. Same in this.

My fascinate vibrates during incoming sms, even in silent mode. I am unable to figure out the problem.

What might be the issue??

Which sms app you are using? If go sms or handcent, change the settings in that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Handcent, I will try. Thanks for your help.

I am facing a strange problem for last couple of days. The data connection is going on and off in every 2-3 minutes. Can someone help me on this ?

Ok looks like i missed a lot here :

a few inputs from me

1.. the process that has been posted at XDA by pentafive ( the guy who posted the ED05 Leak in the first place ) will certainly mess our settings ,

SO DONT FOLLOW THE XDA METHOD PLEASE

all you guyz need to do is just use the ED05 TAR file that i have uploaded and posted here ( a few posts above ) and flash it with ODIN through the PDA section , thats it

you dont need anything else whatsoever

2.. the folks who are stuck at the language screen , well i have been there myself , all you need to do ( AS WAS ADVISED BY THE WIZ HETAL DP ) just open cdma workshop attach your phone and enter and save your MDN in the NAM settings under Dir_Number , thats it.

Also for proper ROOTING use the CWM version that i have uploaded as thye newer version pose some issues.