Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mailinator

Cannot Make Calls Using 2130

Yesterday I got the s/w of my 2130 upgraded to RD213F14.

Since then, I am unable to make any calls.

For outgoing calls, I get a recorded message saying 'To resume service, please contact Reliance Customer Care'. This happens for all numbers except *333. (even for *367, *369 etc). The customer care people asked me to check the NAM and restart the phone but that did not help. So now they say that they have registered a complaint and will fix it "soon".

For incoming calls, my phone starts ringing but when I try to pick it up, my screen shows 'Call Failed'. But even after that, the person who called me can 'hear' my phone ringing.

R-World works fine. I cannot test R-Connect because I do not have a cable now.

The LG service centre guys say that since I can call *333, nothing is wrong with the handset, but all this started happening after getting the s/w upgraded.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions and solutions.

Thanks

Edited by mailinator

Yesterday I got the s/w of my 2130 upgraded to RD213F14.

Since then, I am unable to make any calls.

For outgoing calls, I get a recorded message saying 'To resume service, please contact Reliance Customer Care'. This happens for all numbers except *333. (even for *367, *369 etc).  The customer care people asked me to check the NAM and restart the phone but that did not help. So now they say that they have registered a complaint and will fix it "soon".

For incoming calls, my phone starts ringing but when I try to pick it up, my screen shows 'Call Failed'.  But even after that, the person who called me can 'hear' my phone ringing.

R-World works fine. I cannot test R-Connect because I do not have a cable now.

The LG service centre guys say that since I can call *333, nothing is wrong with the handset, but all this started happening after getting the s/w upgraded.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions and solutions.

Thanks

26525[/snapback]

Dear mailinator,

Go back to the service center and ask them to verify the upgradation. Don't expect anything useable from the customer care, they all are trained to **** nothing else, from my experience I can say that they are worst kind of help you can ever have, so if you dont wanna loose your mental peace then dont contact them (until unless you have no option left), or some ******* like ritesh will definitely, try to make u insane ..........

:D *Thumbs Down For Reliance Customer Care* :-(

Edited by Arun

I'll do that. But I CAN call *333 using my mobile, so I guess that the handset is OK. Anyways, I'll go to the LG Service Centre and bug the Reliance Customer Care people some more tomorrow.

How about SMS ? If LG ASC still says its not a problem at their end, call *333 from there itself and ask them to speak with the Customer Care rep.

Sending and receiving SMS is also not working.

However, somebody had posted on another thread that he had to re-activate his phone after getting it serviced by dialling *228.

I tried that and as soon as I dialled *228, I received a few messages that were pending for delivery. But the recorded voice asks for a 9-digit number which I don't have and the screen then shows programming failed.

I guess I'll have to ask the customer service to re-activate my handset.

Reactivating using *228 is required only when you change SDCA or change your number. You can visit the LG ASC and ask them to reload your handset software before contacting Reliance.

Possibly the NVRAM data (the data that personally identifies Ur phone) which they backed up and reloaded to Ur phone got corrupted. So Ur phone has lost the proper network identity. Now the ASC will no more have the backup if Ur data - I think. So they have to ask reliance for the same but even RIL won't be able to give the ESN of the phone to ASC so ultimately may end up replacing Ur phone's main board(Happy news if Ur R under warranty as U needn't pay anything). U prolly need to press hard at the LG ASC.. as that may be the only way to solve the problem.

i think u r a prepaid customer thefore when u dial *228 it asks GSK kit code. visit web world they will surely help you.

HI

hey buddy i too have that same problem after the f/w upgrade there is nothing wrong with the phone ASC guys. the problem is with Riliance (they r not rely on them ;) ) all u have to do is file a complaint at the nearest web world they will tell u that it will be started in 48 hours & the case handed over to their tecnical department.it will certainly take around 48-72 hours.

HI

hey buddy i too have that same problem after the f/w upgrade there is nothing wrong with the phone ASC guys. the problem is with Riliance (they r not rely on them ;) ) all u have to do is file a complaint at the nearest web world they will tell u that it will be started in 48 hours & the case handed over to their tecnical department.it will certainly take around 48-72 hours.

27089[/snapback]

I made a complaint at the webworld and have been following it up with customer care. But its been 12 days and my phone still does not work.

In fact, I am sick and tired of Reliance and plan to go for a GSM phone soon. I was just wondering if I can force Reliance to refund the cost of my handset (Rs. 3500, it was purchased less than 6 months ago) and also the balance in my pre-paid account (Rs 500 approx).

I also want to give them a public relations nightmare and am wondering how to go about it. Any ideas?