Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tarun_kabra

Softwares For iPhone

Starting here the collection of iPhone (3G/3GS/4) applications, games and navigation.

With more and more iPhone CDMA coming on the Forum with Reliance, I feel it better to have a different topic of iOS applications.

Also requesting Mods/Admins to club all iPhone related topics to one place like done for Android/WM/Symbian.

Use this topic for all type of apps for iOS (iTunes Free or Cr**ked otherwise)

Installation Instructions:-

For the apps free over iTunes, you just need to sync your iPhone with iTunes.

But for cr**ked apps/games, your iPhone need to be Jail Broken (in my opinion)

For that, instruction in the attached file are tested and working on iPhone 3G/3GS, may also work for iPhone4 (though not tested by me yet)

Installing Unsigned Apps.pdf

Starting with my favorite app on any platform-Offline India Maps (already posted in Android Navigation topic by me)

For iPhone 4 - 3D Maps, Latest Version v11

Sygic India Maps- Official iTunes Link

Download from here.

I still haven't got enough time to check these on my iPhone4, as I don't have it with me right now.

The inherent KEEDA of taking PANGA with new phones had hospitalized my newly bought iPhone 4 and will be back in a day or two.

You can also give these a try on iPhone 3G/3GS and check if working or not.

For iPhone 3G/3GS - v8.2.5

This version has now been removed from iTunes. This is the same thing as we all are using on our Androids/WM/Symbian with a 1027 cities database.

Download from here.

I will be posting some more apps as soon as I get back my iPhone4 and test these apps on that.

There will be AN APP A DAY. Members may request there requirements over here.

Enjoy

Edited by tarun_kabra
  • Like 3

can you please tell the procedure for MMI on iphone 3g? Do we need to jailbreak?

^^^^

Yes your iPhone need to be Jail Broken to install any unsigned App (including MMI), else you have to buy it from iTunes Store.

to install anything on iPhone or any i* products, take Steve Baba's permission otherwise he will s**** you..

Thanks for the info. I personally have no idea about iphone or ios. It is for a friend. He has a iphone 3gs that he got from abroad and got it unlocked from here. He wanted a offline navigation software. What is the best method to do it?

I think it should be JB already, if he had got it unlocked.

Please check and see if there is any app icon named "Cydia - post-24797-0-43153900-1307604635_thumb.p " in his iPhone.

If it has, than it is jail broken and you can proceed as per instructions given in pdf file.

Else if he can spend 50$, buy it from iTunes Store.There is no other way (best or wrost)

Edited by tarun_kabra

^^ Guys any help on iOS or Iphone - i shall be happy to help

tumblr_l4kra7IyPu1qzrlhgo1_500.png

JAil Break is a must if you want to enjoy your set to fullest - any one with Basic Instinct (not that) can do it on own

Jail Break allows you to use Apps that are paid

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

^

Lol.. Now i simply can't resist re-posting this from somewhere (Where else but from Dhiraj Baba's talvar..)

"If you don't have an i-phone, you are not an i-diot"

Thanks for this thread Tarun, with more iphone users here this was required.

On jailbreak, Apple says that it severely degrades the iphone user experience. http://www.cultofmac.com/apples-official-response-to-dmca-jailbreak-exemption-it-voids-your-warranty/52463 Is that true or just corporate BS?

Because on Android, rooting enhances the experience with custom ROMs etc. Vinay ji or iphone users please comment.

^^^ JB is a must unless u have million in hand to buy apps, dont believe in posts like that

Although custom roms are there but why u need them? come CDMA might need it as they require to enter MIN

Just a caution Some iphone CDMA del min during OS upgrade

jailbreak installs cydia and thru cydia get installous..

installous and cydia both apps are like market for free..

jailbreaking doesnt degrades the iPhone experience.. it jus enhances in a way that it let us install paid apps for free..

custom roms doesnt alter any thing unless u upgrade or downgrade the current version which u r using..

it just does jailbreaking(rooting)(full access),installs cydia and unlocking..(unlocking not on iPhone 4)

Ok. My friend has cydia. So it must be jail broken. I have downloaded the maps mentioned above. What software will use these maps? Sygic? anything else?

:previous:

Ok, its sure that your friend's iPhone is JB.

Now follow the instruction given in PDF file.

The links given are for complete app including maps.

Install the .ipa file on the iPhone using iTunes, that's all.

so much confusions using iPhone.....its better using android... :Contento: no offense.... :winko:

• Like 1

so much confusions using iPhone.....its better using android... :Contento: no offense.... :winko:

u r right dear, iPhone are always a pain in ......

The inherent KEEDA of taking PANGA with new phones had hospitalized my newly bought iPhone 4 and will be back in a day or two.

My new iPhone still in Coma since last 2 days with no hopes of recovery. :NOTriste:

It is in "Connect to iTunes Mode" with "IMEI-Unknown ICCID-Unknown" crying.gif

^^ Guys any help on iOS or Iphone - i shall be happy to help

Genius ji, if u r not in mood of joking, I might need your help.

Does any body knows any good and reliable iPhone repair wala in Gaffar or any where in Delhi

u need a carrier sim

Its not dead

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Thanks, and where can I get one.

In a case I don't even know the carrier on which it was launched officially.

There is no carrier logo on the back panel of phone.

Kabra ji

Ram ram

Just connect it to iTunes - and see it needs it for activation if not then it will restore it to original settings after downloading latest os from net.

I am not sure if it's asking for carrier sim.

See video of same in YouTube it's there

Else get back with more details wether it's locked or open or how u ended here..

Trouble shoot

7aa8ff5f-0eff-3b5e.jpg

• Like 1

@Genius

Its still with the vendor I have bought it from, its third day.

Going to get it back 2maro morning as that vendor had also given up now.

After that I will try the steps given by you.

Though I know that after upgrading it to latest iOS (4.3.3) I will not be able to unlock it.

But it will be still better to use it like iPod than keeping it unusable.

Also Googled a lot and found that this is not an unique issue to me, but still couldn't find any proper resolution for this problem.

:previous:

Carrier SIM??? So you are talking about GSM iPhone4 and NOT CDMA one??? I wonder how difficult it will for the CDMA one and when will it come with EV-DO or atleast 1x on our forum :Equivocado:

My friend has installed the maps using iTunes. However the maps shortcut does not appear anywhere. What else is required? I mean is another software like sygic required?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

^^ Dr Saheb he must be having lot of icons so many times there is no space for new, arrange in groups for optimized use or use search to locate program.

Another good application, we are using on our androids.

Google Earth for iPhone.

Though this is a free application over iTunes............ but not for us.

Right now Google Earth is available only for US and may for some other western countries.

If you have an iTunes account configured for US address and Credit card, you are allowed to download and sync Google Earth for iPhone.

As I have an iTunes account for India, I was not allowed to download Earth from iTunes.

After Googling a bit, I found a Rapidshare link for the latest v3.2, which I am sharing here.

Google Earth for iPhone v3.2

^^ i am using iTunes / iphone / ipad2 apps registered as US without credit card - i shall let you know how in some time

there is lot LOT of diff in Indian/anywhere and US store

• Like 1

Thanks Genius ji,

That will be great, I tried to change my iTunes account to US one, but ended with failed credit card number.

Waiting for the instructions.