Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

[Need Suggestions ] Reliance Data Card Giving Very Low Speeds

Hey all,

ok 10 days back a friend of mine purchased a sony vaio laptop,

i suggested him to get RELIANCE broadband data card with 750 per month unlimited plan ,

now he has been complaining ever since, that he gets way too lower speeds with it , yday night i went to his place and i myself checked that the card was giving .11mbps speed in HYBRID mode.

thats shamefully low , i donno what to do its been just four days since he started using the card.

could u folks suggest anything to improve speeds

also what should be the process to surrender this , and if it boils down to that what other option should i suggest to him.

( its very imp :P coz i have been the one who always messes his machines :P this time i want to make it up )

Regards

Unlimited for Rs.750 per month? There is no such plan for Netconnect+. You seem to be on a 1x plan and not Netconnect+ (HSD/EVDO) plan. If you are getting .11 mbps for then it is normal speed for 1x. You either have the 1x plan (more likely as per the tariff you mentioned) or your area does not have EVDO coverage.

Edited by Nirvana

750 Unlimited Plan is correct.

5GB first on EVDO HSD Speed

there after Unlimited on 1x.

Try selecting HSD in the dialer settings rather than Hybrid to force HSD channel.

In Hybrid mode, it may use 1x by default.

....11mbps speed in HYBRID mode.

thanks dipan bhai.. need to check my eyes.. :P

Edited by aalok

^

.11mbps

Edited by dipanlahiri

set the mode to broadband+ only from hybrid;

@ dkaile : Thanks mate , someone alos suggested this earlier but i donno , in the settings there are three options onlt

netconnect , 1x and hybrid : if you are referring to netconnect then i did that and there was no chyange really ,

The card is being used in ROHINI in delhi and i am sure that area is evdo covered as i use my fascinate's evdo as well ,

I can say the speeds are not good with my fascinate as well ( 250 t0 350kbps ) but not that low as the datacard is showing.

could u folks shed some more light on it pl.

regards

What is the data card model#? Can you post a screenshot of that settings window?