Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Reveal Details Of 3G Coverage: TRAI To Service Providers

Reveal Details of 3G coverage: TRAI to service providers

Source

How A Determined Individual Can Make A Difference..

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has issued notices to all cellular service providers, instructing them to mention the coverage area of 3G in their advertisements.

This comes in response to complaints filed by a consumer, regarding poor 3G services by the service provider.

Customer Dhaval Valia got into a tiff with Vodafone when he went public - complaining about Vodafone's poor 3G services - and used internet as a medium. Vodafone, in turn, issued a defamation notice, seeking to restrict Valia from maligning the company and allegedly harassing their top management, but later withdrew the charges.

Speaking to Mumbai Mirror Valia confirmed receiving a call from TRAI. "After my tiff with Vodafone, I approached TRAI. I wrote to them asking that if a service provider promises something and charges for it but fails to deliver, then what happens?

"On Friday, I got a call from a senior TRAI official who told me that notices have been issued to all service providers and that within a week the notification will be uploaded on TRAI's website," he said.

On June 3, Mumbai Mirror had reported on how Valia, a media professional and resident of Kandivili, became a celebrity of sorts on Twitter and Facebook after writing about his problems with Vodafone's 3G services and his subsequent bad experiences with the company's customer care department.

When contacted, a Vodafone spokesperson said, "We confirm receiving the said communication from TRAI addressed to all operators. After studying the details of the letter, we will take necessary steps to adhere to the stipulated guidelines."

Chairman J S Sarma of TRAI confirmed that notices have gone out to all service providers. "We have asked the service providers to furnish details about their 3G coverage. Because 3G services are not available everywhere, they must inform customers about its availability as per area. We are sure that they will follow the guidelines. Of course, it may take them some time to include the same in their adverts and communications," said Sarma.

When questioned if non-compliance will invoke any action, Sarma said that it is a direction from the authority and if they do not comply then they will be liable for prosecution.

Great

Its seriously astounding if ONE PERSON can do this much to a MNC??

great of dhaval valia, whose tiff make TRAI to comply with this rules applicable for all telecom operators.though he being a media personal might have led this for vodafone as well to withdraw their petition but it worked for every service provider as well as users. :clap:

super.... :clap: :clap: :clap: