Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manivannan

How To Connect When Rconnect Installation Fails

why no reply?

i guess dacodecz is busy with his new project, so he may not get time to reply now.

hi,

I use an LG LSI 110 on Fedora Core 3. The following wvdial.conf, worked for me ..

[Modem0]

Modem= /dev/ttyACM0

Baud= 115200

Init1 = AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

SetVolume=0

DialCommand= ATDT

FlowControl= Hardware(CRTSCTS)

[Dialer R]

Username= phone no

Password= phone no

Phone= #777

Stupid Mode= 1

Inherits= Modem0

The /etc/resolv.conf is as follows

service named start

nameserver 202.138.103.100

nameserver 202.138.97.193

nameserver 127.0.0.1

:biggrin:

regards,

Vipin.

hi,

I use an LG LSI 110 on Fedora Core 3. The following wvdial.conf, worked for me ..

[Modem0]

Modem= /dev/ttyACM0

Baud= 115200

Init1 = AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

SetVolume=0

DialCommand= ATDT

FlowControl= Hardware(CRTSCTS)

[Dialer R]

Username= phone no

Password= phone no

Phone= #777

Stupid Mode= 1

Inherits= Modem0

The /etc/resolv.conf is as follows

service named start

nameserver 202.138.103.100

nameserver 202.138.97.193

nameserver 127.0.0.1

:biggrin:

regards,

Vipin.

35876[/snapback]

Hello Vipin

thanks for your reply,

your LG LSI phone is equiped with usb interface,

so most of modem configuration is different from mine,

that is, driver, init string, etc,

so your post is not that much relavent to me,

still thanks for spending time to help me,

Hi. I am repeating something that I already posted this morning on the RConnect Forum, hoping to find some help. Not really interesting help came in though!

I have been using an LG RD5130 for almost a year now on my Toshiba laptop using an original LG-make USB cable integrated with Serial-USB Converter model LG-USBC1000-X with no major problems.

Recently I had a sudden problem when I could no longer connect to the internet. I could not even reinstall as the modem would not get detected. I guessed the cable was getting bad.

I contacted R-Connect at Reliance helpline to be told to replace the LG cable with a plain USB cable without a Serial-USB converter. LG don't have a plain cable and they only sell the one with the converter and that too at Rs 1400 approx. I informed this to R-Connect at Reliance helpline who then advised me to buy a local cable from the market. They said they have been facing problems using converter cables and recommend only plain cables.

With great difficulty I found a plain USB cable from the local market. The cable I am using is for LSP 350T LG phone because you don't get direct usb cable for RD 5130. I installed the drivers using the software for LG RD-5130 USB that I downloaded from Reliance website.

Immediately after installation and system restart, the dialer came up normally and I plugged in the username (my phone number) and the password (again my phone number). I could then connect with the internet superbly. Even now I am using this connection while on this forum.

But...

Here comes my problem now. If I switch off the Rconnect dialer and then try to reconnect to internet, the status window shows: CONNECTION TO THE DEVICE... and then remains there. After a moment, it would come up with an error: "0680: There is no dial tone." Re-installing did not help, not even using help of Reliance people. Rconnect department of Reliance says this is a computer configuration problem and has nothing to do with the installation or the driver.

They are wrong because I also have a desktop at home and I found the same problem there.

After thorough checking, I found following issues:

1. Control Panel - Network Connections window:

Initially, device name shows LGE CDMA USB Modem. This is correct. I am able to connect to internet.

2. After disconnecting internet, the device name LGE CDMA USB Modem changes to Toshiba Software Modem AMR which is the main laptop modem.

3. Upon trying to reconnect it cannot do so and only comes up with error 680. This means the LG CDMA modem is longer available for connection and instead the dialer detects only Toshiba Software Modem AMR. Obviously it would not connect because the phone number still shows as #777.

4. I then checked the Phone and Modem Options in Control panel. LG CDMA modem is very much present and I can even do a successful Query Modem from the Diagnostics window. But for some reason the modem name disappears from the Network Connections window.

5. If I now disable the Toshiba Software Modem AMR, I am again able to revert to the LG CDMA modem and it works correctly again. But then that is not correct because (a) I use the Toshiba modem for my normal office work and ( the other connections that I have on the laptop should be using Toshiba Software Modem AMR and not LG CDMA.

6. The internal modem (Toshiba AMR) is on COM 4 and the LG CDMA Mobile is on COM 3.

7. Intermittently I get errors like UNSPECIFIED ERROR or 619 or 680. I restarted the computer but no change. Can't understand what's going on!!!!!

It is unfortunate that so many months the two modems co-existed and now this problem starts. Any help on how to sort out the problem?

I am using a nokia 3105 CDMA ... cud u please guide me how do i install it as a modem...

"This is the outcome of reading several postings in this forum. My effort is only in putting the pieces of information together as a step-by-step procedure. I have tried to write it in the for-dummies style. Jeeks, please forgive."

If you are using a third-party USB cable RConnect installation may fail to detect your phone as a modem. This is what you can do to bypass the RConnect dialer installation. (RConnect software is merely a dialer that gives you some statistics like duration of the connection, amount of data sent/received etc. You don't lose anything by not using it.) It worked with my LG RD 5130 phone, Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and a third-party USB cable with Prolific 2303 chip. I guess the same procedure should work with any other handset and OS combination too.

Just do these three simple(!) steps:

(0) Select a working USB port in your computer. Check the port with some other USB device. Make sure that it works before trying anything else.

(1) Connecting the Phone:

Connect the phone to the working USB port in your computer. Windows will detect new hardware and ask for a driver. Keep your CD ready in the drive and Windows will install the driver automatically. Then it should say that "the device is installed and ready to use". Now go to Control Panel -> System -> Device manager -> Ports. Note the COM port to which your phone has been connected. (This will be something like COM3 or COM4 depending on the ports in your computer.) If Windows does not detect any new hardware when you connect the phone go to Device Manager and tell it to "Scan for new hardware".

(2) Installing the Modem:

Now go to Control Panel -> Phones and Modems. Select Modems tab and "Add" a new modem. Tell windows *not* to detect your modem and that you will select it yourself. Then from the given options select the "standard 33600 bps modem" as your modem type. In the ports setting for the modem, select the COM port to which your phone is connected. Select 11500 in the 'Maximum port speed". Go to the advanced tab in the properties of the modem and enter this string: "ATZ;AT+CTA=30" (without quotes) in the "Extra initialization commands" box.

(3) Getting Connected:

In your phone, go to Settings -> Phone -> Data -> Baud rate and select 11500. Then add a new dial-up connection by going to "Network connections" in Windows. Tell Windows to use your standard 33600 bps modem (which you installed in step 2). Enter #777 the phone number to be dialled (including the # symbol). No area code, nothing. Enter your 10-digit reliance phone number (without zero) as the username and password. Save the connection. Open it again and click "Dial" or "Connect". You should get connected if both the USB port and the cable are fine. Your phone will first display the words "PPP data" and then start showing some statistics including the duration of the connection.

To disconnect, open the connection window and click "Disconnect". You can also click on the connection status icon in your notification area (rightmost portion in the task-bar) and click "Disable" or "Disconnect".

To get statistics about the connection (duration, amount of data transferred etc.) you can see the "properties" of the connection.

If you face any problem with the above procedure then please post it here and I am sure that there are many people here to help you including myself.

i tried ur solution and it is working on my 6230 successfully..

thanks

but i am also getting one problem , when i disconnect it , on the PC , the phone does not disconnects it goes to dormancy mode..

i have to switch off the set everytime to bring it to the normal mode...

help..

thanks

Dear manivannan,

Thanks a lot for reply. I am also reading the entire thread on 5130 installation failed. I also tried through modem log and Hyper theminal but modem log is showing like this

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\unimdm.tsp, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\unimdmat.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\uniplat.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\modem.sys, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\modemui.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem type: Standard 33600 bps Modem

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem inf path: mdmgen.inf

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem inf section: Gen336

02-18-2005 19:07:42.714 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:42.734 - Initializing modem.

02-18-2005 19:07:42.734 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:42.744 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - The modem failed to respond to the initialization command, Retrying one more time

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:44.757 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:44.767 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - The modem failed to respond to the initialization command, Retrying one more time

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:46.780 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:46.790 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Session Statistics:

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Reads : 0 bytes

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Writes: 9 bytes

I walk into LG wokshop and ask them to check my modem and they found it is working fine on their machine. Now i think my data cable is not working any more. Is their any way to check data cable.

Nazir

Hey Mani, have you got any clue to my typical problem below... really breaking my head over it... thanks..

Ananta

I have a gray market data cable - USB (USB is the only thing written on the cable, apart from LG 2030)

driver is ArkMicro - .inf file shows its updated for xp, 2000 both.

The cable is meant for 2030 as written on the cable. My handset is 2130.

Have followed the process of manual installation using standard 33600 modem, ATZ;AT+CTA=30 string and all baud rate etc. checked correctly.

The connection works fine with windows 2000 pc, for my 2130 model itself. But my pc at home which is having windows xp, the system tends to hang when click on modem properties. Modem diagnostics does return proper data, though slow. And after all the slow response, hangings etc., when at last the connection is made, the pc freezes totally when i try to do the dial-up... Have to reboot from the hard drive... The same thing happend when i tried on another comp with xp. So don't think any issues with port, or comp... have disabled internal modem etc...

Can anyone help in terms of possible way out, other than changing the cable or downgrading the OS.

Will be really grateful as I am breaking my head for last 5 days like crazy.... Have checked lots of info availble on the net.... will really appreciate...

I only know that I am using Reliance original USB cable bought from Webworld. And model no. is LG-USB4000, Made in korea.

Another thing is anyone tried connecting with two connections of Reliance at the same time. Because we dont know Reliance support synchronization of multiple modems or not.

So, please guide me little more.

No multilink support

thanks bro!

great help!

dummy style is sometimes necessary even for "the real dummies" who think they are smart enough...

i admit i m a dummy!

but HUGE thanks!

yo!

Just in case someone is having the same problem with LG LSP 340E, one must enter

AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

instead of

ATZ;AT+CTA=30

in the "Extra initialization commands" box to be able to get it functioning.

Thanks Mannivan for your wonderful "clue".

HI nishu i am using LG LSP 350R

tell me what i should use in "Extra initialization commands" box to be able to get it functioning.

"This is the outcome of reading several postings in this forum. My effort is only in putting the pieces of information together as a step-by-step procedure. I have tried to write it in the for-dummies style. Jeeks, please forgive."

If you are using a third-party USB cable RConnect installation may fail to detect your phone as a modem. This is what you can do to bypass the RConnect dialer installation. (RConnect software is merely a dialer that gives you some statistics like duration of the connection, amount of data sent/received etc. You don't lose anything by not using it.) It worked with my LG RD 5130 phone, Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and a third-party USB cable with Prolific 2303 chip. I guess the same procedure should work with any other handset and OS combination too.

Just do these three simple(!) steps:

(0) Select a working USB port in your computer. Check the port with some other USB device. Make sure that it works before trying anything else.

(1) Connecting the Phone:

Connect the phone to the working USB port in your computer. Windows will detect new hardware and ask for a driver. Keep your CD ready in the drive and Windows will install the driver automatically. Then it should say that "the device is installed and ready to use". Now go to Control Panel -> System -> Device manager -> Ports. Note the COM port to which your phone has been connected. (This will be something like COM3 or COM4 depending on the ports in your computer.) If Windows does not detect any new hardware when you connect the phone go to Device Manager and tell it to "Scan for new hardware".

(2) Installing the Modem:

Now go to Control Panel -> Phones and Modems. Select Modems tab and "Add" a new modem. Tell windows *not* to detect your modem and that you will select it yourself. Then from the given options select the "standard 33600 bps modem" as your modem type. In the ports setting for the modem, select the COM port to which your phone is connected. Select 11500 in the 'Maximum port speed". Go to the advanced tab in the properties of the modem and enter this string: "ATZ;AT+CTA=30" (without quotes) in the "Extra initialization commands" box.

(3) Getting Connected:

In your phone, go to Settings -> Phone -> Data -> Baud rate and select 11500. Then add a new dial-up connection by going to "Network connections" in Windows. Tell Windows to use your standard 33600 bps modem (which you installed in step 2). Enter #777 the phone number to be dialled (including the # symbol). No area code, nothing. Enter your 10-digit reliance phone number (without zero) as the username and password. Save the connection. Open it again and click "Dial" or "Connect". You should get connected if both the USB port and the cable are fine. Your phone will first display the words "PPP data" and then start showing some statistics including the duration of the connection.

To disconnect, open the connection window and click "Disconnect". You can also click on the connection status icon in your notification area (rightmost portion in the task-bar) and click "Disable" or "Disconnect".

To get statistics about the connection (duration, amount of data transferred etc.) you can see the "properties" of the connection.

If you face any problem with the above procedure then please post it here and I am sure that there are many people here to help you including myself.

hi

I am having lg rd5340 and using the usb cable of 7130 made by AVON since feb 2006. but for the past 1 week i am getting connected only after a lot of attempts inspite of signal being present.if i unistall the drivers and reinstall them, the phone is getting detected as usb device but there is no net connection.the words "PPP data" are not displayed.

Is it due to cable fault?When i asked reliance they told it happens because i am not using usb data cable but only a connector cable?what is the diff?I have tried in a diff computer but this is recurring.

please help.have the contacts worn out?

the error message is 630 and the OS is win98se

:):( Hi Manivannan,

Thanks a lot. throuh your guide I can connect to r connect after regular effort of three month.

Thanks thanks a lot once again. :angry:

I tried all my efforts to Install a USB Data Cable along with LG RD 2130 set both in my Laptop and PC running under XP. It simply hangs. However, I could use the same Data Cable and Phone on somewhat older hardware at my office running Windows 2000 Professional. It works fine. I tried even creating Windows 2000 Professional partition on my Desktop, It simply hanges.

I have given up the idea !

Still any hope?

Yes I even tried RedHat EL 4.

Try Changing and INstalling a new Cable Rather than Older one

Hello Everybody

I am using LG LSP 340e in SuSE Linux 9.3,

i used this init string AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3.

but i can't conect at first attempt, it takes 4 to 5 attempts,

but in Windows it would conect at first attempt,

what it would be?

please use AT+CRM=2