Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Help! Suggestion Required For a HD Media Player + DVD + Home Theatre

Dear Memebers,

Please help me in deciding a Media Player with Network + DVD/BlueRay player + Home Theatre 5.1/7.1

Purpose:

--------

I have Sony LCD TV HD (720p), and now i want to play my Contents in USB Drives and DVD and Home Theatre System for Music.

Option 1 in my mind - Go for Media Player (AC Rayan Play on) + Buy a DVD / Blue Ray player and a Home Theatre

Option 2 in my mind - Buy a Desktop Horizontal PC and attach it with TV and Wireless Keyboard/Mouse + Home Theatre.

Please suggest.

And also suggest which brand and model to go.

newer generation blueray players are having built in media playing with USB and network, So you donot need to buy and additional Media player.

For example look at LG BD390, Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player.

If u still want buy a septate media player then look @ optical output (required to connect home theater) and m2ts, DTS dolby digital decoding support

I am not good at suggesting a product for u, But looking @ u'r existing configuration I would tell that

- wait for some more time and use any existing lptop and (PC audio system) to connect TV and play HD stuff from USB.

OR

- Buy buy a decent >46" LED TV + network bueray player + Home theater system to enjoy HD to full.

Edited by ss_rakesh

If Blue Ray Player comes into the picture then Media Player will be needed separately, as either cant do the other's job properly or full fledged though there are some hybrids or some very costly options like Oppo (top fo the line)... 2 devices will be needed for a complete experience at reasonable price.

Edited by dkaile

A nicely configured HTPC can do everything any Media Player can do and probably at a lesser cost All in One Solution..

Why go for Media Players..

• There is no config involved.. Installing Software/Codecs etc.. Ready Solution.. Just works out of the box..
  • It's Smaller/Sleeker.. Adds to your Cool Quotient lying in a Corner..
  • Some Media Players have dedicated powerful hardware decoders/upscalers which may do a better job compared to low cost built in graphics of most PC's
  • Lower power consumption..
  • Couch potatoes need a REMOTE to control everything..

Why use an HTPC instead of Media Player..
  • You have the entire config option in your hand.. Do it your way.. What you want..No need to rely on Media Player manufacturer for updates.. There are solutions to play anything/everything..
  • Will have all the features/functions of a Media Player + More
  • Economical/upgradable all in one device.. (Compared to having separate Media Player in addition to a PC..)
  • There are ways to take care of the REMOTE thing..
  • If you're not using a small HTPC Cabinet.. Storage Increase is easier.. Can add as many as 6 Hard Drives internally.. As and when you need it..Without additional external storage taking up space on your table..
  • Media Players with attached Blue Ray Drives are Costly.. + Most of the Standalone Blue Ray Players still are difficult to get rid of Region Locking for blue ray discs.. There are ways but you will suddenly find that you don't like the player on which it is possible for other reasons/features/cost..
  • Installing a Blue Ray Optical Drive on a PC and taking care of Blue Ray Disc Region Unlock through software is easier in comparison.. + You can have Blue Ray Writer.. 50 Gigs of storage in Single Disk..

Some clarification may enable members to give productive suggestions..

• Is there a budget in mind for Home Theater? It can start from few thousand and can go to infinity..
  • Is there an existing PC intended as a part of the Config OR looking for a New PC? Again Budget?

Edited by rajanmehta

@ rajan please tell me more about HTPC.

How can i build this HTPC? Or any branded HTPC comes in market?

Here's a very very good guide with photos about how to build a HTPC in Indian environment with photos - http://www.hifivisio...wered-xbmc.html

That guy is from Delhi only; everything can be procured at Nehru Place.

The Silverstone case is stunning; all links in his post.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Guys

I need a HD media player low cost -

got this link http://www.letsbuy.c...fdd258m-p-17101

Pls suggest

thanks in adv

Just check the links at the bottom there are a lot of media players available

http://www.priceindia.in/tv/intex-mini-home-cinema-price/