Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

Hi dear,, did you find any improvement in jellybean specially about photo camera.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

@pulsar220

AFAIK battery backup using GSM was better than on CDMA for me on photon. And i guess it is the case with most of the devices as CDMA network tends to drain more juice.

@pulsar220,

On RCDMA, my 1 year old Photon's battery lasts me for 8 hours max with data on. If I switch off data, then it last 14 to 15 hours. I recharge the battery twice or thrice every day.

Never tried with data on, on GSM. So No idea.

Even I thought CDMA was a battery drainer and GSM my battery life would be better.

But on CDMA my battery easily lasted 12-14 hrs, but on GSM 3G battery is finished off in 6-7 hrs, to save battery I switch to Edge but even then it lasts barely 10 hrs!

My usage hasn't changed so its really weird that it finishes of so soon.

Getting an extended 3500mah battery now for my long trips where I don't need to keep charging the phone so often.

Hi dear,, did you find any improvement in jellybean specially about photo camera.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

I use a seidio extended battery 3500mah..before upgrading to jelly bean I used to go around 35 hours with heavy usage. After upgrading to JB,I'm getting around 24-28 hours of heavy usage.so ibwould say that battery drains quicker after upgrading to JB.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I received my Photon today...Just wanted to share with everyone that I love the screen ..I was too much worried after reading this thread about the screen....As Joshm said somewhere in this thread the white is pure white and I am loving it... Once you put the brightness 100% you can see the pixels but dont worry its not what you may be imagining... Its actually looks like matte finish screen which again looks lovely so guys no worries about screen...rest things I will explore and share with everyone. For camera first impression is really bad... :-(

Edited by amit.shippie
  • Like 1

Camera ain't bad .

The snaps look bad on phone screen. Transfer them to PC and then decide

And there is no white anywhere as the photon white. Already starting to miss mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^Bro do we have to change setting or something... I received phone in night and pics taken from camera is really bad... images are grainy...I ll try in day time and then come back...Also I feel if you see any multimedia stuffs in photon from far everything is perfect and beautiful but once u watch too close then its not so great...but this applies to only pics/video rest stuffs looks excellent from near too..

Keep brightness yo like 35 %

Download spare parts no ads version fron market and make the animations and transistions faster.

Download camera 360 and use that to take pics .

Low light snaps will always look kinna subpar on phone screen . But I believe if yo u can transfer them to pc they should look great.

I never found any issue with the display. The hardware is impeccable . Subway surfers used to play so smooth on it if I compare how it plays in s3. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

my moto photo is 1 month old now ... i am just loving it considering my other handset is moto defy (defy just loaded with custom rom) ...

I agree with josh screen is bright enough in day light also camera pictures looks gud (only on PC)

mine is 2.3.5 so no custom rom for photon .. but i am happy to be on GB .. fast stable .. and all works

have used camera 360 on defy before .. but then they changed some permission so uninstalled it long back ..

will try again ...

friends pls share working hd games ... and also some usefull apps .. (i know there is thread for this but i am looking for photon specif)

only down part for me is ... USSD not working and it will never work .. so when ever i am back in home town i checked my balance

If your phone is not ota 2.3.5 then it can be unlocked for custom Rom.

That is if it came shipped with this version. Check with your seller.

^^ VA ji , mine is on 2.3.5 on block bootloader .. so no custom rom for me.. but already rooted
actually i was looking for hd games ... any pointers will be gr8

^^ VA ji , mine is on 2.3.5 on block bootloader .. so no custom rom for me.. but already rooted

Riptide gp, gt moto academy, swingshot, bad piggies, agent dash, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks va ji, will check all of them over weekend while on wifi

Thanks again

vaibhav

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

Can someone suggest a headset with Mic for the photon? I bought a Samsung headset but that isn't working at all with the photon....<br /><br />Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Riptide gp - one if the best graphics i have seen.. i can say as good as nova

Gt moto academy - could not find

Swing shot - addictive but gud while in wifi range so u can enjoy matches with other users around globe

Big piggies abd agent dash will try later

thanks va ji

Vaibhav

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

You should definitely try beach buggy blitz

• Like 1

Thanks vaji .. for beach buggys .. excellent graphics n its free its similar to subway surfer but more easy n better graphics with more fun.. <br />Agent dash i got bore with it .. but niece is loving it so have to keep.. temple run 2 is on hold for few days for her.<br />I tried dungeon hunter too .. its good..<br /><br />Now i am looking for some fps game like nova... or some intersting one..<br /> normally i uninstall unused game on my forthnite clean up.. <br /><br />Thanks again.<br />Vaibhav <br /><br />Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2<br /><br />

Listen you should install Tegra zone. From this app you can download apps and games designed specially for photon processor.

Vaji

already using tegra zone..thanks

Vaibhav

Need help not very technical...using photon 4g on reliance cdma as it is baught from hetaldp. Now want to upgrade to CM 10.1. Want to know after this settings of reliance like meid and evdo for internet will change and need to register again?

No you won't lose any settings.

Hope you have a unlocked bootloader coz only then you will be able to change the rom

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

• Like 1

As doc said Check ur bootloader version ..

If its 4.3.5 - u can just root cant install custom rom

If its on 4.3.4 - then u r on luck.. enjoy endless world of custom rom n mods..

Regards

vaibhav

Edited by vabs

Thanks ...I have os 2.3.4. Rooted bot bootloader unlocking feels difficult as I am not very technical any simple way for this.

I can't check balance on photon. bbal and mbal SMS, none give info. can't even deactivate SMS pack.

no default...... request can't be process.....this is not a valid rim number.

okay main balance figured with 53535 bbal

now getting data balance alternate has to be figured as mbal to 55333 doesnt work.

bbal works with 53739 but no mbal :wacko: