Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

As of now those who upgraded to the latest ota in july. Cannot unlock bootloader. Only on last 198 version its possible.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Well guyz Yours truly is riding on two boats now

OFFICIALLY ;)

I have just acquired a Moto Photon ( again ) and using it on Vodafone Delhi GSM network :)

btw ;) am on 2.3.4 and as soon as i received i rooted it and deleted the updater apk;), debloated the Stock Roma bit , removed all sprint crap.

and boy , i am happy again , loved the Photon the last time when i had used it , had to return for some forgettable reason , and couldnt forget

The white of photon and the screen quality is just outstanding .

will be making a separate thread about it soon .

• Like 3

The white of photon and the screen quality is just outstanding .

Joshm, are you sure about the screen quality??? It is that PentileLCD (1000times more horrible than LCD or Pentile AMOLED, imho) that made me switch from Photon to CapGlide in two months...

Even though its a well known fact that almost all Moto phones' camera are cr@ppy, the screen makes the pics captured by camera WORSE than say a pic taken by NokiaC2-00 VGA camera... (Yes, the Photon camera pics looks OK on computer screen though)..

If you watch video of 720p song on both Photon and Fascinate side by side, you will then agree my complaints...

well KD , its all about personal preference.

i used photon 2 months back just for 5 days

the build qulaity is impeccable, nothing can beat MOTO , no matter what.

the screen resolution is great and the display quality is refreshing at least i found it very refreshing , the whites are so pure whites on it,

compare it with epic touch and you ll know ,

I agree about the camera , and the pictures taken from it, but you need to do some tweaking , all i can say FASCINATES 5MP camera is way way superior than that of photon or epic touch , when u look at the snaps on the phone.

the thing is all 8MP camera snaps will look lamish on screen if the native resolution isnt correspondingly good of the display.

I feel epic touch' snaps are not that great looking either if looked upon in the phone.

About MoPho , i can say the interface is so snappy despite being GB and , the blur interface is cool ( again for me ) only missed the drop down menu toggles , but i made up with switch pro and notification toggles app.

everything about Photon is refreshing for me

see real diff in screen can be notriced only on full brightnes, diff b/w epic T an photon being that on Epic T , the screen remains smooth and in Photon you can see very very fine dots but i love that matte finish ;P

te photon doesnt leave the signals at all , whereas all other handsets lose the gsm or cdma signals so very often.

Photon feels so freaking solid in hand, its octagonal desin is something attractive for me .

the toughend screen , and gorilla glas makes it so awesome looking.

all in all , it was my dream to own a Photon , coz its colors are so natural and so soothing unlike epic touch.

Edited by joshm
  • Like 2

and TBH i dont watch videos on phones or even listen to music.

for that my iTouch is unbeatable and with jabra earphones , the experience has become more splendid.

It has been often pointed by gsm users that photon remains latched to the signal much stronger than most phones. Just like evo 3d on cdma.

@ Suneel Arya : i am yet to jump onto ROM bandwagon

atm i am trying to debloat the one that i have to bare minimum

Thanks joshm no. for replaying. I am using cm_sunfire_shredding 4.1.1 from jokarsax, it doesn't allows me shoot versus video calling on gtalk and WiFi hotspot to work with. tell me what to should I Chang for stable gingerboard version or stick withth this perticuler

this just came as a happy realization. <br />i didnt know and just discovered that motorola photon can pull lyrics for songs<br />if you have data enabled and the song info is correct.<br />works for hindi songs too and english ones. the lyrics are shown in sync<br />as they are being sung. this is crazy exciting.<br /><br />btw i didnt find anything similar at least stock in htc one v yet.<br /><br />It basically syncs with tunewiki and is built in.

Edited by ::: VA :::

If those things are important for you thenay be change back to GB

. For what its worth GB is far more solid and stable on all phones.

Less crap more stability

Sent from the DAD of all S2s - The Epic Touch.

Hi! this is very important to all current photon users. Please sign this petition for unlock bootloader

and OS update.

I just signed the petition "Motorola Mobility: Update my phone" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/motorola-mobility-update-my-phone

Thanks!

Www.supportmymoto.com

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Howz the battery life for folks using Photon on GSM?

My CDMA battery life was more superior to GSM :( barely lasts 8-9 hours on GSM.

On CDMA it lasted easily close to 14 hours !!

Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean

Finally I rooted my stock mopho and optimized it through es task manager.removed most Sprint bloat ware.

I can feel a significant change in speed and response of all functions.touch, app, loading, etc.

• Like 1

@pulsar220,

On RCDMA, my 1 year old Photon's battery lasts me for 8 hours max with data on. If I switch off data, then it last 14 to 15 hours. I recharge the battery twice or thrice every day.

Never tried with data on, on GSM. So No idea.

@pulsar220

AFAIK battery backup using GSM was better than on CDMA for me on photon. And i guess it is the case with most of the devices as CDMA network tends to drain more juice.

• Like 1

All those on rooted photon should try build prop tweaks by our rimweb member Matrix1218 given on xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1834657

Essentially for better battery life and internet.

finally my photon shows remaing data balance after every usage but not after calls or sms.

i am using idea on it currently and funny that it shows roaming triangle above signal bars.

which has never occured when i have used airtel reliance or any other gsm.

It's because idea is basically AT&T. and it detects that on roaming because of non US cell id...

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

^^^

Well now its gone :lol:

Just wanted to say that I unlocked my bootloader & enjoying jelly bean on my mopho.

Just wanted to say that I unlocked my bootloader & enjoying jelly bean on my mopho.

Yeah its easy if you had not done ota to 2.3.5

Am I imagining this or is it real.

guys & gurus please clarify this.

i was on ota 2.3.5 update every since it came through soak test.

having given all hopes of unlocked boot loader to test custom rom . i had just rooted it to do other tweaks.

then recently i found i can deblur my locked phone to free more ram and use other launcher.

it happened successfully and phone became better.

now today i felt like giving my phone a thorough reset. going through android recovery - wipe clean/ reset phone............

after that when it booted it was still deblured but when i went into settings - about phone -

System version 45.3.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Android Version 2.3.4

Build Number - Univ Deblur Debloat

this is very strange. does it mean my phone has some how downgraded to previous version.

does it mean i can attempt unlock now ??? will it brick my phone if i attempt.

as its not showing version 2.3.5 and system 45.4.13 as it was