Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Need Advise To Buy An LCD TV

Finally, I got Samsung Series 5, 40" LCD - LA40D551 from Dubai.

I checked it in multiple showrooms and always found the best picture quality compared to all other TVs in the showroom including Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.

Got it for 2399 Dirhams. On the purchase day the price increased by 50 Dirhams and also Dirham got costlier by 75 paise in the week. Additional baggage (weight) costed 20 Dirhams + Ahmedabad airport asked for a duty of Rs 1086 and provided a receipt for the same. Total lending price Rs. 32500 with international warranty. Croma price is still Rs. 49,900.

Changed the Dish TV with Tata Sky+ HD after searching a lot on net.

Very happy with the result. Amazing pic + Sound

Thanks for all your suggestion.

• Like 1

With the balance money your return airfare tickets would have got covered.. :P

Nice share.. shall keep in mind when I decide my next big ticket purchase

Will purchase on Letsbuy.com be safe for LED/LCD.

hey ppl! i wanted to know that if i buy a 55"incher 3D LED tv from Dubai by hand, and if i land in new delhi,aiport how much duty it will attract?

thank you but ppl i need to know fast so reply soon, as it will affect my decision in buying the TV!

^ ^ ^

I suppose Custom Duty on baggage items is 35% + 3% Education Cess = Effective Rate 36.05%

If your stay abroad is for more than 3 days, duty free allowance is Rs 25,000. For less than that it is Rs 12,000.

Duty should be charged on value of item in excess of duty free allowance.

However Customs has discretion to value the item at its Fair Value if they think it is under invoiced / there are no supporting documents. They use this discretion a lot..

• Like 1

The three day stay, is a useful tip. Thanks Rajan

^ ^ ^

I suppose Custom Duty on baggage items is 35% + 3% Education Cess = Effective Rate 36.05%

If your stay abroad is for more than 3 days, duty free allowance is Rs 25,000. For less than that it is Rs 12,000.

Duty should be charged on value of item in excess of duty free allowance.

However Customs has discretion to value the item at its Fair Value if they think it is under invoiced / there are no supporting documents. They use this discretion a lot..

hey ppl! i wanted to know that if i buy a 55"incher 3D LED tv from Dubai by hand, and if i land in new delhi,aiport how much duty it will attract?

thank you but ppl i need to know fast so reply soon, as it will affect my decision in buying the TV!

Last time i got a 40" Sony 3D now want a 55", heard that in this budget LED n LCD tvs are fully exempted from customs.. but cant find a solid proof of it.. and what if i get it in March itself!

Rajan JI and other gurus help me out! asap

LCD & LED TV Panels above 20" has been exempted from Basic Customs Duty and not Television itself. So you'll pay customs duty on TV's.

But there is one benefit which is introduced in this year's budget for passengers returning from abroad. The Duty Free allowance under the baggage rules is being increased from Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000 for adult passengers and from Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 for children upto 10 years of age. The effective date of this increase will be from the date when it's published in the official gazette.

The best brands would be Toshiba, Panasonic, Videocon and Sony

Panasonic VIERA TH-L42U30D LCD TV could be a good choice