Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hey nokia 2280 users,

Finally i got to know abt how to transfer ringtones to nokia 2280 from internet for free. No need of mms. The ringtone needs to be converted into SCKL format. Only then it works. An example of SCKL code is given below:

//SCKL1581 024A3A650995D1D195C93D999804144288F511610611624D3083

14458418458418938C20C30C5186108186108156

You need to copy this code and sms it to yourself. U will recieve it as a ringtone. U can do so from the Free sms portal on reliance website. Anyone listening? Do reply so that i can post more info.

Bye

I don't have a Nokia 2280 to check it out. Please do post more information regarding this !

I don't have a Nokia 2280 to check it out. Please do post more information regarding this !

27345[/snapback]

Hey Arun,

Each brand of mobile supports a particular format. For eg most of the Nokia phones support .rtttl format. This is the format in which ringtones and logos are transfered. For Nokia 2280, sckl format is used. This looks like the small code which i have posted earlier. First the header file number follows thr //sckl and then a space. After that a long list of digits and alphabets.For more information visit the following sites-

http://www.csoft.co.uk/sckl/index.htm

Also visit this forum-

http://www.forums.tamingthebeast.net/forum3/203.html

Well, to be frank, i have been searching the internet like mad for a website where i can get free sckl codes for ringtones and logos but havent been successful. In turn i forun out about the software named 'coding workshop ringtone converter' which can be used to either generate the sckl or other formats for most of the phones or send ringtones, pictures or java snippets directly to phone via wap. So even data cable is not required. It creates a server on your pc and generates an address which is to be typed in ur wap enabled phone. I tried r surf. Though i am sure my phone connects to my pc but due to sum problem in r world probably, i am unable to download anything.

Even the damn software mentioned above is a trial one. Hence only a part of the ringtone is converted into sckl code.

I hope all this info will be of use to u people. May be some one there can help me out.

Bye

Hey People,

I found out a great website having tons and tons of popular ringtones in SCKL format for your Nokia 2280 Phone :lol: . So pay it a visit and just copy paste the Code and sms it to urself frm the reliance sms portal.Here are the links.These are non english sites.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/elrincondevzla/experiences7.html

**CAUTION: THE CODE SHOULD AS IT IS.NOT EVEN A SPACE SHOULD BE MISSING.**

I have smsed myself the single line ringtones and have been successful. But the multiline codes are not working :help: .Maybe if someone figures out, he can post it here :unsure: .

Bye

Hey, isnt there even a single Nokia 2280 user?? :clap:

No one is replying for my posts... -_-

I feel so lonely :quest:

Hey, isnt there even a single Nokia 2280 user??  :clap:

No one is replying for my posts... -_-

I feel so lonely  :quest:

27546[/snapback]

Maybe ppl had lost hopes and are not visiting the forum! See if u can gather ur 2280 frenz and ask them to visit the forum here! Or maybe use the SMS portal for mass-messaging and telling ppl that Ringtones are avl for 2280!

Moreover, most N2280 were sold during the Hungama Period. And since the hungama is over, N2280 era is also over! They dont even sell N2280 anymore!

Hey Chirag,

Thanks for posting. Good to see that someone has replied to my post.

But sad to see that there are very few 2280 users. Anyway, Nokia 2280 is an awsome mobile phone. Maybe someone who has a 2280 will read this post and try to solve my problem.I have been obsessed in oreder to find out how to send long ringtones to my mobile. Though i know that it is definitely possible as i have downloaded ringtones from 8888 which are quite long.

Any idea when the wallpapers and games on 8888 will be available for download for reliance customers. I am dying to download chess from there.

Bye

hey, thats right... it works fine ! Thank you for the 'discovery', Rohit ! I hope to find more SCKL format codes soon !

Hey Arun,

Thanks for that. :confuse: .

Here is a SCKL code of airtel ringtone.However only half of it will ring since it has been generated using a demo software.(Coding Workshop Ringtone Converter 5.2.3)

//SCKL1581 06050415810000024A3A61C9D1D1D1B081D1BC04002122930830C30C308513424D30DB0D30C30B20D20C3000

Copy it and sms it to your Nokia 2280. You will get it as a ringtone.Please note that there is a space after //SCKL1581. Thereafter, there is a continuous string of characters. Try it. If u ppl have any problem, just post it here. I will post some more codes soon.

Here is the SCKL code of Coca Cola Tunr RINGTONE

// SCKL15811581070101 02ÂÁ650DBD8D84B58DBDB18404142298EBEAÈCÈCÈCÈC308ÈCÀ8ÀC34CÈ8268204208000

Enjoy!!

Amazing find, rohit! Keep it up!

Thanks dude. Did it work for you?

27985[/snapback]

Haven't really tried it as yet. But have been passing on information to users of N2280 i know, abt this !!

http://usuarios.lycos.es/elrincondevzla/experiences7.html

**CAUTION: THE CODE SHOULD AS IT IS.NOT EVEN A SPACE SHOULD BE MISSING.**

27485[/snapback]

The link didn't work for me! And i dont understand whats happening after clickin on it! Rohit, can u post the tones as an attached notepad file or something if u r able to access that site?

That link seems to have expired, so no luck there. Anyway, I found a FREE convertor software ( http://downloads.mikekohn.net/ringtonetool...etools-2.23.zip )

I was able to convert rtttl to sckl format (read the manual at http://www.mikekohn.net/help.php first)

hi guys how to send ringtones  ?

please reply, i have lot of binary format ringtones.

28489[/snapback]

Is binary code same as SCKL?? If yes then post some here. You can copy paste the code and sms it to yourself free from this site:

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/SMSLogin

That link seems to have expired, so no luck there. Anyway, I found a FREE convertor software ( http://downloads.mikekohn.net/ringtonetool...etools-2.23.zip )

I was able to convert rtttl to sckl format (read the manual at http://www.mikekohn.net/help.php first)

28500[/snapback]

Hey Arun,

As i had told you earlier that i was mad about finding a way to transfer ringtones to my Nokia 2280. In that maddness i had searched literally thousands of websites.

While searching for a free software to convert a ringtone, i stumbled upon a site having this software also. And that was about a month ago. And i am sorry to say that though it generates some SCKL codes, they seem to be wrong. If you dont believe me then try converting a ringtone through Coding Workshop Ringtone Converter software. Then convert the same ringtone through the above software. Then compare the codes. You will find that the codes are different. And the one generated by Ringtonetools doesnt works. Though Coding Workshop Ringtone Converter software converts only a part of the ringtone( Bcause it is a demo) that part still rings. Try it to believe it

HEY ARUN,

You are right. the website is closed. but i had saved a copy on my pc. i am attaching it here.

What do u mean alex? can u illustrate. If u mean transfering ringtones fron nokia 2280 to other phones, then it is not possible. However it can be used to transfer ringtones which are in the mms inbox. Though this phone itself cannot use the ringtones as they are of different format, the ringtones can be forwarded to other rim instruments like samsung and lg. And it works. i have done it long ago.

Hey can anyone tell me how to attach files? I attached one yesterday but it is not there.

Hey alex chairman, i think u r the guy who forgot your own phone number :help: . Man that topic got closed because people were not getting tired laughing at u :D . ha ha ha. Anyway, did u get ur number back? Dont mind. I dont want to hurt u. :lol:

For the time being, you can send only as an SMS

Now that R world has become paid( exception DAPO Users), people will have to cough out some bucks for using MMS each time. Hence Ringtones via mms is not free. :confuse: . However, for Nokia 2280 users it still remains free <_< . It will remain free as long as the RIM sms website is there. B)

As i was not able to attach the file, i am pasting all the SCKL Codes here. However it seems that only those codes whose total length is less than 160 characters are transfered successfully as ringtones. Other longer ones will seem just like crap.

The file is attached to the post! -- Chirag

SKCL.txt

Edited by Chirag

Hey Rohit, thnx to u, am enjoying the tones on a newly bought N2280!

:'( Jus a lil query, From the above SKCL File i've tried sending quite a few tones... Most of them dont play on the handset or come without a title... Do u know how to correct them?

And moreover.. The tones in that list are in the following format:

// SCKL15811581080303 4000

Whereas for a tone to play on this handset the space in between shud be something like this:

//SCKL1581 15810803034000

Do u get what i mean? Do u knw how to correct the same n then send it as a tone?