Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Samsung Galaxy Note - Writing The Next Chapter Of The Mobile Industry

Samsung is all set to launch its new large screen smartphone - Galaxy Note - in India on November 2.

^

God save us from these bigger screens OR make our ears and hands few inches bigger....

Not only bigger ears and hands.. brace yourself for the ultimate gender equality tool.. As i feared in another topic.. >> http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__246133

There is an economic meltdown looming large on readymade shirt manufacturers if large screen size phones become very popular.

Because i don't see many of them having "POCKETS" large enough to accomodate this monsters. :NOTriste:

Even my 4" phone protruding from most brand shirts.

Tailors will be laughing all the way to the bank.

And i have a sinking feeling that single cup men's BRA may be invented very soon to secure your "Assets". :(

• Like 1

Samsung is all set to launch its new large screen smartphone - Galaxy Note - in India on November 2.

That's encouraging, Samsung Is treating India as a potential market and launching products on par with other countries.

Motorola, time to take Notes.

(I guess they have already started, Razr is shown as coming soon on moto India too)

That's MRP. So should sell for 32K plus in market initially. Good pricing by Samsung.

I love the reasonable pricing of Galaxy-Note, as it also means S-II may most probably get a good price reduction...

Samsung has already announced that both galaxy note and S II are getting Ice Cream Sandwitch.

First Watch This Interesting Video - The Samsung Galaxy Note Vs Galaxy S II Vs Pockets Showdown / "Pocketability" demo!

Then, One Good Actual User Detailed Review With Benchmarks, Videos >> http://www.androidnz.net/2011/11/galaxy-note-real-user-review-part-1.html

Summary of Above Review:

• The Note is big. Really big. I like 'em large (minds out of the gutter lads), but even for me the Note takes some getting used to. My advice has to be to get some hands-on with one before taking the plunge.
  • The build materials are Samsung's usual forgettable plastics, but they're more than the sum of their parts here - when the back cover is in place the materials feel good, and do manage to exude some of the sense of luxury that owners usually want when they're shelling out this kind of money.
  • The build quality seems very good.
  • The screen is good, really good, even in spite of the use of pentile matrix. If you peer at the display at an abnormally close range you will see the hatching pattern characteristic of pentile screens, but for most people in normal use I don't really think this will be an issue (that said some people won't be able to stop noticing once their eyes have fastened to the hatching once, so I'd still recommend getting an 'eyes-on' the device to be absolutely sure that pentile matrix won't become irksome).
  • It benchmark's well, and in general use feels really good too, but it can't (yet) match the fluidity of the Galaxy S II, but then that's hardly surprising when the Galaxy S II only has to drive about 37.5% of the number of pixels that the Note is managing
  • As per usual I try to nitpick at everything, because I think that's what potential buyers need, so for the sake of clarity I do need to say that despite the criticisms I've levelled at the Note here I do feel overwhelmingly good about the handset right at this moment in time (will the honeymoon last?)

Samsung is running a promo for Galaxy Note buyers in India.

Free Sennheiser headphone worth Rs 3,490 (Choice from 3 models) + Download upto 1,50,000 Free Songs + Free Games worth Rs 2,999 + Flip Cover worth Rs 1,799

Offer Valid From 15th April to 31st May 2012.

You can redeem the offer here >> http://samsungpromo.in/galaxynote/

• Like 2

Promo only for Samsung Note purchased after 15th April... My bad luck as I purchased it last month.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If you are a Galaxy Note user here in India, then there should be an Ice Cream Sandwich flavored treat waiting for you. The 319MB update is available both through the Kies desktop software, and also OTA. To check for the OTA, head on over to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates.

As it was the case with US Version of Galaxy Note(with ICS update), which on the face of it things won't look much different post-update. It's still Touchwiz -- albeit the latest version -- which fronts the UI, but there are some additional features worth remembering such as updated S-Memo and S-Note applications. To take a look at all the features ICS brings to the Note, check out Samsung's promo video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvH6vbhOs6Y

Loving it....... :dance: :dance:

But free available Ram is just 100 to 150 mb most of the time...

Battery performance decreased for me but I have noticed audio quality is bit improved.

Still digging new features with ICS.

Software Update Brings S3 And Note 2 Features To Original Galaxy Note

Source Source

Samsung hasn’t forgotten owners of the original Note. A new over-the-air update is going out today for the international Galaxy Note (GT-N7000), adding a whole host of new features from the Galaxy S3 and Note 2. The update, which is still based upon Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, introduces Note owners to features like Pop-up Play, a new Note 2-style 3D gallery app, lock screen and home screen enhancements and ‘S Cloud’ contact back-up, to name but a few. Overall, there are some pretty sweeping changes to the phone’s UI. The inclusion of S Cloud in particular is interesting, as this has yet to be officially unveiled, but was spotted on some of the Galaxy Note 2 demo units at IFA last week.

The update to version XXLRQ is curretly pushing out over-the-air and through Kies to unlocked Galaxy Note devices in Germany, and we’d expect other territories and networks to follow in the weeks ahead. Some, like the U.S. LTE models, may have a little longer to wait.

• new launcher (like the Galaxy S3)
  • new gallery with fancy 3D effects
  • new contact list
  • pop-up video can now be resized
  • slightly changed contact list layout
  • you can now save contacts in the S-Clound (like google contacts)
  • performance improved!
  • added S-Cloud (there is no dedicated App but after flashing you will be asked if you want to sycn all your settings with samsung)
  • added new motion: call contact currently displayed if you raise the phone

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.... sir ji

Edited by SantoshRoyal