Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Palm Pre 2 Clarification

Please let me know if PALM PRE 2 can do following

1. Does it Sync contact and calender with GOOGLE servers?

2. Is Usage of GTALK as good as ANDROID?

3. Google maps works well?

I need to advice some one and has not seen WebOS since long.

Sir Ji,

1) It work well infact very well just as android on Pixi and Pre both haven't tried Pre2 but it should

2) Not tried

3) yes it works well

Thanks, koi sir ji bolta hai to achha lagta hai =-O

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

it sync contacts with google well. i am using pre 2 gsm

There is no Gtalk application. In messaging application all your chats and sms will appear. You can add multiple gtalk and AIM accounts.

All the converstation (sms and chat logs) will be threaded.

off topic, any idea if we can enable evdo or 1x data on palm pre 2, if yes how ? , not bought one bcos of this dilemma

@apoorva

If EVDO is possible on Pre / pixi must be possible on Pre 2

Thanks all, now I can suggest Palm pre 2 safely.

Yea it's indeed a good phone.

Shah saheb, a contrarian view but i am unable to logically comprehend why would you suggest dead Palm WebOS to anyone at this juncture when so many options in Android is available at every budget, hardware and lots of app choices. We all have an inbuilt emotion sensor to romanticize the past but there has to be a lot of reasons why Palm failed in the first place if everything was so good. Palm WebOS good in theory but normal users have abandonded it in practice, particularly after android.

Notwithstanding another issue of regularly failing hardware in palm handsets like screen, digitizers et all.. There is a whole topic at RIMweb where members are asking for it.

If budget is an issue in android and the user is not advanced smartphone user, you can suggest some good low budget Windows 7 phone with great hardware.

If a CDMA handset is being suggested, then there is absolutely no issue of budget also as great androids available at good prices compared to GSM.

I agree with you Rajan, but the fact is android hardware available sub 10K are really pathetic. Even with risk of making enemies here :bash: I must say till Eclair android was no where nearer to WebOS. It has improved a lot since froyo and GB is almost no complaint sort of OS. All low RAM / CPU HW has 2.1 or 2.2.

Palm Pre / Pre 2 may cost sub 10K from US. (person who is getting from US may get even cheaper)

Even though WebOS is dead, it will remain good for many not techies for another 3 years.

WP7 has certain limitations and hence suggesting to general user is risky.

1. Most users wants ring tones which is not supported by Wp7. There is no way one can transfer music connecting in MASS STORAGE mode.

2. Till mango update is pushed to general user, WP7 is just like cheap JAVA phone which does manage sending and receiving mails and browser.

3. It has no proper IM support even in Mango. It will come but certain API are yet to be released to developers required for background support of IM

4. Practically zero customization.

Why General user will like WebOS (My view point)

1. WebOS has very good UI.

2. Supports Background IM

3. Supports third party ringtones.

4. More customization for home screens like wall papers etc.

My comparison here is just to say that why general user will not like WP7. I think WP7 has a potential to grow provided they take right steps at right time. Their response is sluggish so chances are that they may get wiped off in terms of market share.

We all have an inbuilt emotion sensor to romanticize the past but there has to be a lot of reasons why Palm failed in the first place if everything was so good

For me this sensor was never installed. Perhaps that was the reason I opened free give away thread as I do not like to store any thing from past.

Edited by kshah
  • Like 1