Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gjp

SMS Error and NAM Settings Problem after Handset Change

Hi Friends.

I recently, yesterday, changed handsets from the Incredible 1 to the Incredible 2. The both handet is rooted, s-off, and running the respective stock verizon rom.

On the new handset I'm having problems sending international sms. I had absolutely no problem doing this before on the Incredible 1. I am able to send SMS domestically in India, within my circle and outside my circle.

I'm getting the following error message:

SMS Error: invalid destination or service blocked at destination.

Cause Code: 98

Error Class: 3

When I googled the 2 above Cause Code 98 means Message Not Compatible With Short Message Protocol. Error code 3 meaning Operation Not Allowed (both these were from a GSM related site, http://www.smssolutions.net/tutorials/gsm/gsmerrorcodes/ )

I've tried using handcent, and the sms went through and recieved successfully.

I've cleared the data for the stock phone dialer and sms app with Titanium Backup and rebooted the phone. This did not help.

Any ideas what the problem or settings on phone could be? How to fix?

I prefer to use the Stock SMS App that came with the phone, so any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

ghanshyam

Hi friends,

More noob questions from me.

I have switched handsets from Incredibl 1 to Incredible 2. Both phones are rooted, s-off, and running thier respective stock roms.

I've been having SMS issues (1x data seems to be working, have not tried EVDO yet) on the Inc 2 and never had any sort of issues with the Inc 1.

I noticed the following differences in the A-KEY and NAM Settings (check via EPST):

A-KEY

- Incredibel 2 : SD_A is Failed and SSD_B is Failed for the Incredible 2, - Incredible 1 : both show no comment.

NAM Settings:

- The MIN1, MIN2, MSID, MCC, MNC, NMSI, and IMSI are exactly the same on both phones. ( I think they should be?)

- The MDN entries do not match for both the phones. (Should'nt they, since I'm using the same mobile phone number?)

- TrueMIN1: On the Inc 1 is equal to the last 7 digits of the MIN1. On the Inc 2 is same as the last 6 digits of the MDN in the NAM Settings (Should the both be same as the last 7 digits of the MSID?)

- TrueMIN2: On the Inc 1 is 123. On the Inc 2 is set to 000 (What should it be?)

- TrueIMSI.S: On the Inc 1 is same as MSID. On the Inc 2 is equal to MDN in the NAM Settings. (What should this be?)

- True MCC: Inc 1 set 404. For Inc 2 set to 00 (What should this be?)

- TrueNMSI: Inc 1 00+MSID. On Inc 2 set to 00+MDN (Should'nt this be same as the NMSI entry?)

- TrueIMSI: Inc 1 is same as IMSI. Inc 2 is 0000+MDN (Should'nt this be the same as the IMSI entry?)

Shouldnt all the NAM settings for both the phones be the same (7 of the 14 are the same) since I'm using the same Mobile Number? If there are problems here how would I fix the problems. Reliance customer care is NOT helpful at all.

Thanks,

ghanshyam

Shouldnt all the NAM settings for both the phones be the same (7 of the 14 are the same) since I'm using the same Mobile Number? If there are problems here how would I fix the problems. Reliance customer care is NOT helpful at all.

You are very courageous in asking Reliance Customer Care about all this geek stuff. They don't know the difference between MEID and IMEI :doh:

Reminds me of the recent Tata Sky Ads.. Poochne Mein Kya Jaata Hai.. Poochh Dala To Life Zinga Lala.. Watch it..

NAM are all same for all phones, and dont change unless new parameters come as LTE or there Wada change when 1x moved to evdo.

What is the problem in SMS u r facing. Write it down.

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Here is your thread on SMS problem just saw it

Yu have mentioned same things 2 places,

It looks like there is problem of prefix your phone is using, my guess!!!!

See the. International dial settings if it's ok, or you too have to edit build.prop

All points based on assumptions nothing specific

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

Sorry for the 2 threads.

Since the 2 NAMS are different, and you said that all NAMS are the same, do I need to modify the NAM for my Inc 2? I'm guessing no, I should leave it as is.

The NBPCD is set to India, and the Assisted Dialing is also set to India. I've also tried it with setting Assisted Dialing to off. Both ways I still get the same error.

SMS works with Handcent, so I guess unless someome else has other solutions ill have to look at the file u mentioned.

How to find it and edit it and then reload that file I have no idea how to. Any suggestions/tips?

Could another option be if someone has an Inc 2 running Andriod 2.3 and does not have the same problem as I with their Stock SMS App if they could post it and then I install it on my phone via Titanium Backup? The SMS App or the build.prop file mentioned in previous post?

Thanks,

Are you getting incoming SMS. If yes, than its build.prop issue.

PM me. I would help you out.

Use handsent that's better.... Don't play with build

Taptalk on ™iPad 2

your Problem is not with build.prop its some country code issue. try using 00 instead of +

For NAM settings, MIN, Country code, SID, NID should be correct. Rest don't matter at-least with reliance.

And for A-Key, seems like in new phones CWS 2.7 can't read it from phone. For Moto I use ##Program don't know about HTC.

If calls r working it's not akey problem

1) As Vinay said forget about akey ssd_a and b

2) In NAM you can forget all things just MCC 404, MNC 00, forget min1 min2, just IMSI should be your MIN , if u want put MDN=your phone number

3) your SMS issue is nothing to do with NAM settings and akey, you can try loading different PRL and turning off all prefix dialing codes. dont set to india,

Friends, thanks for all your inputs.

International calling is active on my phone and I have made intl calls.

I've tried sending international SMS with Assisted Dialing set to off. That did not help.

I have not tried different PRL. But since it's working with Handcent, so it should not be a PRL issue, but rather specific to the Stock HTC SMS App?

I've tried the following to send international SMS all have failed (i've tried 2 different countries):

+ for International Call Code

00 for International Call Code

I also tried without any International call code. No go this way either.

I even tried to send sms to India using full international call code, 0091-mobile number. That also failed. But when I send SMS out of circle within India, 0-mobile number then it works.

It seems the Stock SMS App gets the issue when the mobile number is longer than 10 digits, 11 digits is okay if the leading digit is 0.

I'd like to get the Stock HTC SMS App working because some Apps like WhatsApp, and services like Free Youtele wifi at airports, use the Stock App SMS App auto send and reveive sms to reigster their service with your phone. Luckly some apps let your call them (like WhatsApp) but not all will/do.

thanks

Would setting my Increible 2 phone up to use OMH as HetalDP told in http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32393-steps-for-converting-htc-incredible-2-into-omh-handset/

fix my SMS App problem? Would using OMH avoid using the build.prop ?