Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Custom ROM For HTC Incredible 2, without Chineese Apps & Sense 3.0

Ok, Just wanted to Know what version of Radio it is using. an

d want to know, which is the best radio which can support both CDMA and GSM with EVDO and G3 respectively.

and I know these ROMs do not work flawlessly. you can just mention the problems you saw till date.

Now Installing ICS from above link, lelected V version, lets see what happens?? if id doesnt work, I will revert back to Chinese ROM.

Looks like Gurus are not showing any interest... :)

Most custom ROM's do not change radio. You can also open the zip file & check if radio.img exists.

All Verzion Radio Support GSM 3G & EVDO as well. but in order to use EVDO using Chinese ROM, you need to have Chinese ROM installed, With Chinese Radio. No other ROM will solve the purpose.

Radio does not help in booting. As the name in itself implies, Radio. Main issue comes with boot.img & hboot. Rest can be taken care of.

• Like 1

I came across another ICS ROM from China, but with current version oh hboot, it wont work. they recomend downgrade the hboot and different radio.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1693033

Currently downloding the ROM, but scared of hboot version, if i downgrade, then other ROMS will not work...

another ROM with ICS, I tried this, but struck in HTC ONE screen... drsparsh managed to instal it it seems,,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1553357

do not try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1693033

Flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1553357 --- use Aroma installer & flash the ukb v version. Where data can be set thru APN

I tried to install Flash http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1553357 --- use Aroma installer & flash the ukb v version. Where data can be set thru APN, but after it boots up, the phone stuck at HTS ONE screen, I kept it for an hour, but still at same screen. do I need to change anything before flashing it?

see the picture below where I struck.

Edited by krishna.tungal

No Luck, using Aroma installer & flash the ukb v version. since 45 minutes, still stuck in HTC ONE screen itself, its not going anywhere.

any ideas?????

you need to be S-OFF. and have flashed Chinese ROM previously.

I flashed this earlier on my Brother's Incredible 2. And it was working good with very few FCs

Ok, all, here is the update. I have installed the OneV version with Verizon, and its instaled, when I select other, it did not. I will try again as already I have this.

CDMA and GSM both not working in this version. and Camera is good, reare speaker is not working instead it plays the songs in ear piece only . not able to find WiFi hotspot... else it looks good. now trying to install non Verizon version of One V.

my phoneis S-Off and had Chinese ROM. after that only I flashed One V for Verizon. now flashing One V for non Vrz. lets see what it does....

Stuck in HTC one screen with v in non verizon. Hehe!

You too?? :) something is missing or wrong... Kapil Ji, Parin Ji, Help Please............

Working great with HTC v for verizon Rom cdma with voice and data!

It's like a new phone! Now installing chrome browser...

When I installed it, CDMA was also not working, do we need to do any settings??

@Angel Can u using uim card for CDMA mode?

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

@Angel Can u using uim card for CDMA mode?

Hi all, cdma data not working, because it's a Verizon rom. I will try again with non Verizon Rom .

Love the native swype keyboard!

Chrome does not work. Is it only jellybean compatible?

Will get back after Rom flash attempt 2! Excellent phone! Yay, android !

@angel

chrome should work.. its for Android 4.0 and above. i am using it on micromax funbook.

have u checked with gsm

Keep up the effort. I am flashing it 6th time now. both X and V for Verizon are working, but no GSM or CDMA on both, and both X and V for Non Verizon are not working, they come and stop at HTC One screen... no Idea where is the glitch???

Now installing One X non Verizon over One X Verizon without wiping Data. lets see what it does?

One X is awsome.... loving it....

Nope, OneV Other option is not working, stuck in htc one splash screen.

The OneV Verizon Rom works in cdma ruim mode, but no APN setting option is available.

This phone is being used for incoming calls with a prepaid ruim, so I am cool with the present functionality. i select wifi and connect with different wifi access points whem used as a browsing setup.

So still waiting for official China Telecom ICS rom.

check if it has boot.img in it.

If boot.img is there in zip than stuck @ HTC is boot.img issue.

I have OMH card for reliance, but it dindt work with OneV Verizon or OneX Verizon, and other 2 Non-Verizon ROMs are not getting installed, same stopped at splash screen...

May Kapil or Parin can help us..

HTC this time has played with hboot & boot.img

Verizon is - vivow

China s710d is - vivow_ct

in previous ROMs after S-OFF vivow = vivow_ct but ICS ROM does not behave that way.

boot.img is present in the zip, but the same zip works for Verizon version. this Zip has al lthe 4 ROMs.

what does this boot.img does?

Guys leave it. Try the Verizon version only.

boot.img is kernel, and has been picked up from Chinese ICS.

Verizon version works but without GSM and CDMA, any way to make them work??

The question is, if that boot.img is working for Verizon, why it is not working for non-Verizon? somethin is going wrong while booting, If I can find out where this boot process exists...

Ok, here is the update, by this weekend or by next week this bootloop for Non-Verizon will be fixed by the owner of this ROM.

lets wait and see what we get....

Good news guys, GSM + WCDMA working now on Verizon OneX Rom. after you flash the ROM do the folowing.

GSM starts working, I can make calls and receive calls. SMS send receive works. I do not have GPRS or 3G enabled, so any one of you can check this out. I am reverting back to GB as I am CDMA user and call calls come to CDMA. If I find anything for CDMA, I will post it here.

Step 1: Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode

Step 2: Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only. Then your phone will start crashing, until you do the step 3 fix.

Step 3: (terminal commands)

> adb shell

# su

# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="3" where name="preferred_network_mode"'

# reboot

Thanks to murat408! and nitsuj17 from XDA developers

Edited by krishna.tungal

@Kapilbhai

How to install OTA update ICS of china telecom,

Can u make tutorial for that

Thanks if possible