Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shadow

Future Of Cloud And Wireless Devices

We have seen so many ways in which technologies are overlapping and cross-pollinating. But the evolution is taking a chaotic and a very unpredictable path. There are multiple sets of break-through innovations and crossing roads with each other that there is very little time to identify ways to efficiently optimize the solution to the end-customers. Take for example the gadgets you carry around. Smartphones, Tablets and Laptops are always with you. Each of these devices have processors, wireless transmitters, GPS capabilities, SIM-card connections. There are so many duplicate pieces of technology that you carry. What if you can carry a single processor that is powereful, single wireless device that allows you to communicate wirelessly…It’s like having a single brain, single heart, single vision, etc., Hard to imagine? Well, a technology outfit called ImCircle has proposed a solution that goes as follows:

I’m Core offers you a ecosystem of wireless devices that can talk to each other wirelessly [single-most important assumption]. All of these devices is powered by a stand-alone processor called I’m Core – A Quad-core processor. This is a tiny little device and acts a brain for all the wireless devices. The I’m Core looks like this and measures 45mm x 45mm! The device will run a software based on Android 4.0 icecream sandwich.

im_1_thumb.jpg

This core device will power multiple gadgets. What’s the use of providing only the core, if you cannot find devices that can work seamlessly with this core? Well, fret not. I’m circle will provide you a complete package along with the core that includes a smartphone, a tablet, a 21 inch display and a television connection and a charging unit.

First, the I’m Screen smartphone [looks like the one provided below]. This is a 4.27” capacitive touch display screen and comes at a dimension of 55 x 125mm! The smartphone will feature accelerometer and magnetometer. Comes with a front-facing and a rear-facing camera. The smartphone will also act as a touchpad for the next device that we are about to look at!

im_2_thumb.jpg

Second, I’m View, a tablet that comes with a 10.1” capacitive display screen at a dimension of 190x120mm! Again the tablet comes with accelerometer and a magnetometer. Again, acts a touchpad for the next piece of gadget we are about to look at!

im_3_thumb.jpg

http://vimeo.com/34903242

Third, I’m Vision, a 21” capacitive touchscreen display that acts as smart television too! The device is HD-capable and measures just 10mm thick! 540mm x 450mm

im_4_thumb.jpg

This display units stand will acts a wireless charging base for the other gadgets shown here [as shownbelow!]

feat-group_thumb.jpg

Finally there’s I’m Cinema – that acts as a powerbase and TV connector. Dimensions are 80mm x 60mm

im_5_thumb.jpg

The Im Core processor can be worn as a ring. So you don’t have to wonder where to place the gadget..Just like below!

visual_thumb.jpg

The I’m Circle ecosystem will come in 7 different colours as shown below:

imcirclecolours_thumb.jpg

This remains as a concept now. But ImCircle is promising that we can see a working product by the end of the year. No information is available about pricing yet.

This looks like a very futuristic concept. Think of it like a lego building blocks. In future you can buy processing power and share it with other devices. You can buy screens. You can literally assemble any piece of gadget that you want! The future is exciting…!

Edited by shadow
  • Like 5

Cool Concept. Thanks for sharing. +1

Design elements of all devices, website, typography and the obvious i, looks very Apple' iSh.

Let's hope they don't get slapped with an apple lawsuit before they can even put this to market.

The possible copyright infringement reason apple may give... How can anyone else be cool and innovative!!!

^^ ha ha yeah , even i hope these people will not be bothered by apple,

Thanks for sharing dear Shadow. :)

+1

• Like 1

Cloud is the future of computing and the way forward. We are coming to the age when people would start moving to virtual desktops at work and start using cloud storage at home. Use of cloud storage is gaining popularity with companies offering storage space online. Apple is giving 5GB cloud storage space. So i backup all my Ipod Apps and other stuff directly on the cloud now and it is available for download and access from anywhere. Google music is offering cloud storage online for songs.So mobility and eases of access for data would be of prime importance the way forward.

How can anyone else be cool and innovative!!!

@ Rajan couldn't agree with you more

i have been following I'm product page since last year and this month its about launch their watch - it was in CE in US this year. thy are DAM expensive

i wanted to buy one but hey its for android not iOS - finally android has some gadget with attitude other wise all are same apart from diff unlock screen and wall papers.

Edited by Genius

Wow, this is what I imagine, the core in my backpack and wearable I/O unit.