Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sukhi

R-world On Lg - 2130

I have LG-2130. I had purchased it few months back. Earlier everthing seemed to work fine. But now, Some of the R-World services like MESSAGING have stopped working. Event Cricket Scores which was working a WEEK ago has stopped working ("R-World not Ready"). I checked to Customer Care at *333. According to them, Problem is with the software of the set. They will send me a text message, then I will have to get software of the set upgraded.

Have someone else undergone this problem?..

Thanks

SUKHI

I have LG-2130. I had purchased it few months back. Earlier everthing seemed to work fine. But now, Some of the R-World services are not working. I have found out the problem, its the problem of the memory of the Handset. there is no solution for this, it will not work even after BOARD SWAPPING. Better sell it OR DO ONE THING- AFTER SOFTWARE UPGRADATION DO THE CLEAR MEMORY FROM MORE SERVICES-TOOLS after opening 5-6 applications at a time.

I have LG-2130. I had purchased it few months back. Earlier everthing seemed to work fine. But now, Some of the R-World services are not working. I have found out the problem, its the problem of the memory of the Handset. there is no solution for this, it will not work even after BOARD SWAPPING. Better sell it OR DO ONE THING- AFTER SOFTWARE UPGRADATION DO THE CLEAR MEMORY FROM MORE SERVICES-TOOLS after opening 5-6 applications at a time.

28453[/snapback]

Even Clear Memory is not working ...

28453[/snapback]

28463[/snapback]

You can either upgrade the software of phone at LG service center. Another options, download bitpim from bitpim.sourceforge.net use it to browse through your file system in browser. Remove the directory containing .jar files. Restart the phone. It will start working normally. After this whenever you get Rword not ready message reset the Rword and run the clear memory application. The problem should not occurs. ...ynsingh

I have LG-2130. I had purchased it few months back. Earlier everthing seemed to work fine. But now, Some of the R-World services like MESSAGING have stopped working. Event Cricket Scores which was working a WEEK ago has stopped working ("R-World not Ready"). I checked to Customer Care at *333. According to them, Problem is with the software of the set. They will send me a text message, then I will have to get software of the set upgraded.

Have someone else undergone this problem?..

Thanks

SUKHI

28313[/snapback]

My friend has same problem, after updating software inSERVICE CENTER his handset is working fine.

28453[/snapback]

28463[/snapback]

You can either upgrade the software of phone at LG service center. Another options, download bitpim from bitpim.sourceforge.net use it to browse through your file system in browser. Remove the directory containing .jar files. Restart the phone. It will start working normally. After this whenever you get Rword not ready message reset the Rword and run the clear memory application. The problem should not occurs. ...ynsingh

28610[/snapback]

?? This means I have to connect my Phone to Computer...Not pragmatic solution.

Anyway Thanks

?? This means I have to connect my Phone to Computer...Not pragmatic solution.

Anyway Thanks

28641[/snapback]

You anyway connect your mobile phone to laptop or desktop for RConnect or for LGsync. You have just have bitpim additionaly. All the remaining thing must be there such as data cable (the same one which you use for Rconnect or LGsync). In bitpim select the appropriate com port and select phone as LG- VX10. The command sets seems to be same for Vx10 and RD2130. It worked for me. BUT THE BEST SOLUTION IS TO UPGRADE THE OPERATING SYSTEM OF YOUR MOBILE AT LG SERVICE CENTER. The fault lies with the bug in previous releases of OS for RD2130. With upgrade you also resolve many other bugs sitting in your mobile's OS. ...ynsingh

You can either upgrade the software of phone at LG service center. Another options, download bitpim from bitpim.sourceforge.net use it to browse through your file system in browser. Remove the directory containing .jar files. Restart the phone. It will start working normally. After this whenever you get Rword not ready message reset the Rword and run the clear memory application. The problem should not occurs.  ...ynsingh

28610[/snapback]

hi ynsingh!!!

did u try doing tht?

CAD

You can either upgrade the software of phone at LG service center. Another options, download bitpim from bitpim.sourceforge.net use it to browse through your file system in browser. Remove the directory containing .jar files. Restart the phone. It will start working normally. After this whenever you get Rword not ready message reset the Rword and run the clear memory application. The problem should not occurs.  ...ynsingh

28610[/snapback]

hi ynsingh!!!

did u try doing tht?

CAD

28651[/snapback]

Yes I have tried it successfully. The Rworld not ready become permanent message in case if you keep on trying again and again without clearing the memory. Ideally, there should be timed (something equivalent of crone process on unix) which should clear the user memory area based on LRU (least recently used) stratedgy. This is the same one which is used on most software architectures which use cache. My research group has used in Brihaspati LMS ver.2.0 successfully (brihaspati.sourceforge.net) ...ynsingh

hi

i have same set and also facing the same problem after some upgrade in R world most of the menus are not working today i will try to upgrade which s/w i need to be install or download to upgrade this ? :P

robby

hi

i have same set and also facing the same problem after some upgrade in R world most of the menus are not working today i will try to upgrade which s/w i need to be install or download to upgrade this ? :lol:

robby

28693[/snapback]

The solution talked aobut in previous posts is how you can rectifiy and live with previous firmware versions. The software upgrade has be done at LG service center. Actions to be taken when RWorld not ready mentioned by me in previous posts probably avoids the deadlocks in the memory management. ...ynsingh