Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service & Other Queries

was planning to book helicopter service from katra to sanjichat. Booking opens a month before. I tried to book for 20or21 march but it says all slots are full... Any of our forum members can guide me in this regard?

i mean, apart from online booking, can i get the booking done on the spot? since i feel there is some glitch or issue with online booking as none the slot is showing availability.

Also, is it safe? Or pony is better option?

Apart from that, can we finish patnitop in 1 day?

Like start from katra in morning, night stay at patnitop, start from patnitop at 10-11 am next morning for 2pm trainfrom jat to asr?

Is it sufficient n feasible?

Any other suggestions welcome...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Contact any travel agent in Jammu / Katra. They prebook all the tickets.

PM me for agent's mobile no.

Hitesh , on Which site use for booking ? Is it vaishnodevi official or any other ? There are two company provide Helicopter service , are you tried in both ? Better you do booking on line.

Regarding finished Darshan, If you will go with copter than you will finished it in a day ( with in 4 hours), on pony get full day, means minimum 14 to 16 hours.

Katara to patanitop run of 3-4 hours so i think difficult to do in one day, batter option stay in katara. patanitop to jammu get minimum 5 hours.

Rg.

Me too faced the same problem, keep tryng for almost 2 months, finally 6 days before the actual travel thats on june 20th last year i got the seats available...... and booked the ticket

Even i had this problem - its better to get some local agent for chopper

in my case it was showing full but some of my friends went and got it on spot,

Patnitop is a wonderful place to relax - 2days is what i recommend minimum

girl-talk-with-god-woman-praying-2.jpg

was planning to book helicopter service from katra to sanjichat.

Also, is it safe? Or pony is better option?

What an innocent question!!!

Of Course Pony will always be safer... It can never have engine failure mid air!!!

Even US Military vouches for it in Afghanistan, See the image

641.jpg

Pony is a good option. It is a prepaid system. The horsemen will surround you. But first check the horses & then finalize the deal. Sometimes the horses are in bad condition & this may slowdown you trip.

Thanks all for inputs..

Rimweb ki ye hi to khasiyat hai hai... Har chiz ki dawa milti hai.. aur doc ke post me jo masala milta hai wo to ekdam badiya hota hai..

Apart from that, RM what I meant was, helicopter is safe or we should prefer ponies. I mean, i was not comparing safety between helicop & pony but wanted to make sure if helicop was really safe or we should not prefer it.

Anyways.. lets see if I am able to get the tickets or not...

Contact any travel agent in Jammu / Katra. They prebook all the tickets.

PM me for agent's mobile no.

I talked to the no. that you gave me... He says, now only online booking is allowed & not through agents so cant do it...

Edited by hiteshkkk1

On 30th may 2011 at 9.03am via global vectra for KATRA TO SANCHICHAT and return at 12.30 pm with same service provider with my child i was done with in 4 four. It was fantastic and enjoyed . I am booked ticket before one month exact. There is no any agents because all tickets sold online. I have one ticket extra till day not received any refund.

BR

Hitesh,

My father travels every year & he is always travelling by helicopter its very safe and no need to worry about ...

I have personally tried sitting on the Pony ... its really a painful thing it affects you with back pain ....

Yes ticket booking is an issues on the site ... see if u can find some local travel agent or u can even try booking it on the spot, but better is you book the tickets and go.....

Take care & have a gr8 trip ....

Edited by gauravjc

Helicopter service is really time saving for the yatra. I think it hardly takes 7 minutes from Katra to Sanjhichat. :)

I visit Vaishno Devi every year and prefer to walk upto the Bhavan.....ab bhai wajan bhi toh ghataana hai....toh paidal yatra karne mein he samajhdaari hai (sirf merey liye) :winko:

Patnitop is a great & peaceful place if you are planning to visit with your PATNI. :P

If you want to catch the train at 2 pm from Jammu then you should leave Patnitop by 8 a.m. It will take a minimum of 4.5 to 5 hours to reach Jammu via Udhampur from Patnitop. :)

Thanks all for detailed answers...

Have some more doubts... I am reaching Jammu by 11am on 18mar. I checked for return chopper service & on 19mar, there is avilibility around 11.30am as well as 3.10pm. So, if I start on 19mar at 8am from Katra to bhawan on Pony, is it possible to reach bhawan n complete the darshan n reach sanjichat before 3pm??

Also, If yes, then by 3.30 we should be in Katra. So, is it feasible to start from Katra to Patni Top @ 4-5pm n reach by 8pm?? Also, is it advisable to travel late evening?

One more possibility is if we start from katra to bhavan on 18mar itself at around 3-4 pm on pony n book return chopper from sanjichat to katra as early as possible on 19mar, where do we stay on 18mar at bhavan?? i already checked rooms n there is no availability on site in any type of room at bhavan & room is must as we have kids with us (below 3yrs).

Last, if we dont think of chopper n start at 3-4 pm on pony n even return on pony, would we be back to katra by late night?? if so, we can start to Patnitop on 19mar morning itself...

I am confused a lot so asking too many questions... Pls guide me...

Dear Hitesh

Assuming you are not taking a break for darshan at Adhkuwaari, pony ride normally takes 3 hours from Katra to Bhavan without any breaks in between. But as you said that your kids are with you then small breaks will be obvious. You can consider reaching bhavan on Pony within 4 hours maximum.

If you want to save time and energy then consider going to Bhavan through the new way. Just half a kilometer before Adhkuwaari, there's a place known as HIMKOTI. From Himkoti to Bhawan is 5.5 kilometer and from Adhkuwari to Bhavan is 6.5 km. You save 1.5 km in total if you divert your route via Himkoti.

Vaishno Devi Trust introduced CNG 6 seaters from Himkoti to Bhavan. Earlier they charge Rs.100/- per passenger, but now a nominal amount must have increased. These 6 seaters will take you to Bhavan within 30-40 minutes maximum. Bhavan is just half a kilometer from where the 6 seater will drop you. In all these 6 seaters are very comfortable, safe and time saving. But remember, they give priority to senior citizen and ladies. Sometimes there is rush of senior citizens and aged people. But mostly there wouldn't be any issues I hope. I used to visit Vaishno Devi every year. 95% of the times I trek to Bhavan from Katra if I'm alone. Aur jab se yeh naya route banaa hai tab se toh mai issi route se jaata hoon. :) You can take Pony upto Himkoti. Pony will drop you Himkoti within 75 minutes maximum.

At Bhavan there's morning Aarti at 8 am. At that time there's always huge rush at Bhawan. But I think by the time you reach bhawan, you might not face any rush. :) Also if you have Helicopter ticket booked in advance, then you will be allowed the darshan through VIP gate number 1. There's no rush at that gate. :)

If you start at around 3-4 pm on pony and want to comeback the same night......then it could be possible but it all depends upon the weather conditions. As sometimes at Bhawan / Sanjhichat yatra could disrupts due to bad weather.

In my opinion don't be in rush. Cut-to-cut time mein sab gadbad ho sakta hai. Plan your trip giving appropriate time to Yatra. Because you are with kids and yatra is long.

Also remember, If you plan return yatra through Pony / CNG 6 seater then you won't be allowed entry through gate number 1 (VIP gate). So you have to wait for your turn by the line numbering system. Although, I don't think in the month of March there will be any rush.But you should consider plenty of time for the yatra itself.

After reaching Bhawan, you all have to refresh (take bath / change clothes etc.), it will also consume lot of time. Jitne jyaada log hain aapke saath utna he jyaada time lagta hai sir. Aur bachhon ke sath toh just double. Because kids used to sleep during yatra and you have to take care of them alot.

Travelling late hours to Patnitop is not recommended. You should plan early morning travel for Patnitop.

Below is the pic of 6 seater CNG vehicle which take pilgrims from Himkoti to Bhavan :

mata-vaishno-devi-yatra_17.jpg

Pic Courtesy : Meriyatra.com

Hope this helps Hitesh Bhai. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for very good n detailed info.

based on your inputs, i am planning as below..

Start to bhavan on pony + cng on 19 early morning around 6am. Reach bhavan by 9. i would book return chopper (for the sake of getting vip entry) for 11.30am n come down n if deem fit we can proceed to patnitop at 2-3pm which should be ok?

also, i will check each time slot for returning chopper n try to book after 1pm so i have ample time for Darshan from 9-1.

Pl guide me one final last time...

Upar khana bahut achha milta hai - all over have dal makhani ..... And you will be surprised to know that in and around Vaishano Devi no one eats nonveg not even onion even muslims follow this. Nearly 40% working population in that area are Muslim by religion but serve Devi - that's colour of India....

28re2yc.jpg

Edited by Genius
  • Like 2

Genius rocks on rim Web.. Would surely try dal makhani...

Dear Hitesh

Try getting return chopper tickets of near about 1 pm. You will have ample of time then to have peaceful darshan. :)

I think there will be huge rush at 9 am at VIP gate too, because during the 2 hours break for morning Aarti and Bhajans (may be 1.5 hours, I forget exact time taken for Aarti and bhajan), huge crowd of yatris wait at all the gates for Darshan. But still I don't think you will have much problem if you have VIP gate entry.

Also if you are planning to start the yatra at around 6am then do not forget to get your Yatra Parchi (Yatra Slip) the day before from the counter at Katra. Because the yatra slip counter opens at 6 am in the morning itself. And at that time huge rush accumulates at counters. If you are planning for yatra on 19th morning, then have your yatra parchi on 18th night itself. I forget the validity of that yatra parchi (yatra slip). I think it is valid for 6 or 8 hours after you get your slip. Means you have to cross Banganga within the specified time period mentioned on the slip, otherwise the yatra slip will not be treated as valid. :)

You will see lots of modernisation on the way to bhawan. Even outlets like Cafe Coffee De are now available inbetween the yatra.

Bus yoon samajh lo Hitesh Bhai, ke apke iss thread mein jo jo maine likha hai, woh saath saath visualise karke.....from Yatra Slip Counter to Banganga to Himkoti to Sanjhichat to Bhavan......poori yatra kar li maine aur darshan bhi kar liye. :)

By the way, I'm also planning for the yatra in April (next month).

Jai Mata Di.

• Like 1

kAMALBHAI , +1 for you.

Apke sath meine bhi darshan kar liye.

HIREN

Booked return chopper tickets for 20 March..

One of my friend just came from his trip. He said even if our time slot is booked, still they will accommodate us if we go early n there is vacancy, which is normally the case since more than 50% people don't come even after booking. They will even accept spot bookings in case of vacancy..

Will keep you posted...