Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Venkatagiri

List of CDMA + GSM Handsets

Its available for 32k with corporate discount... i have seen it at a shop...handset looks and feel great...

But e8 is dual standby.. just like htc desire 816.. confirmed with htc cc over chat..

Aalok one max model no is htc 809d

Aalok bhai in that case the same problem shall resurface network not reachable shall be faced like in 816 am i right?

My understanding is that if u use cdma and gsm then its fine but if u use gsm + gsm then it doesnt work

^absolutely..

Panasonic GD25C available for Rs 2750 at Amazon and ebay

• SIM Type Dual SIM (CDMA+GSM)
  • Display 2.4 Inch TFT | 240 x 320 pixel resolution
  • Network CDMA-800 MHz | GSM-900-1800MHz
  • Phone book & SMS 500 & 300
  • Connectivity 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Bluetooth TM 2.1 A2DP, Micro SD Card Slot
  • Radio FM Radio
  • Camera 1.3 MP camera
  • Battery Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery | Capacity: 1250mAh
  • Storage Expandable up to 16GB
  • Language Support English & Hindi
  • Dimensions (mm) 118.50(L)x51.6(W)x12.8(T)
  • Features LED Torch, Mobile Tracker

http://www.amazon.in/PANASONIC-GD25c-CDMA-GSM-GREY-BLACK/dp/B00N8KGONQ/ref=sr_1_87?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409799039&sr=1-87&keywords=cdma+phones

^absolutely..

Hi,

I am planning to buy the E8 through Reliance website. When checked with HTC Support they told me that its GSM + GSM. But reliance says its CDMA + GSM. Pretty confused. I am using a HTC Desire VC whose backlit is now gone so the phone is fully dark.

Do we have M8 as well that supports CDMA in reliance?

And are there any problems in using E8 with Rel CDMA?

Thanks in advance,

RSD

nowadays its very confusing.. better is to check actually somewhere there is a demo phone available or ask the actual user. Even rcom's eshop mentioned e8 as dual active, which htc executives denied.. don't know whom to trust..

• Like 1

nowadays its very confusing.. better is to check actually somewhere there is a demo phone available or ask the actual user. Even rcom's eshop mentioned e8 as dual active, which htc executives denied.. don't know whom to trust..

What I was told is that if u use cdma+gsm it works in active mode else it doesn't

What I was told is that if u use cdma+gsm it works in active mode else it doesn't
the same was mentioned by one fellow member regarding htc desire 816, but actually it comes out as dual standby only, not as dual active when used with cdma+gsm.. thats why i said, go by actual user review or try yourself..

the same was mentioned by one fellow member regarding htc desire 816, but actually it comes out as dual standby only, not as dual active when used with cdma+gsm.. thats why i said, go by actual user review or try yourself..

Damn.

^^^

Amit Jain is using e8 on reliance.

I agree with aalokbhai, as i posted after what i was told by the CC executives for 816 that if with cdma/gsm it would be active else dual standby and its dual standby in any mode.

So better you confirm before you do the purchase from them about the status of dual sims as active or standby.

I agree with aalokbhai, as i posted after what i was told by the CC executives for 816 that if with cdma/gsm it would be active else dual standby and its dual standby in any mode.

So better you confirm before you do the purchase from them about the status of dual sims as active or standby.

Pardon my ignorance what is dual standby and what is active?

-RSD

And does HTC One DS supports Dual active?

Yes, htc one dual sim is dual active.. also, htc desire 700 too is dual active..

Pardon my ignorance what is dual standby and what is active?

-RSD

Dual standby : both sims are on standby mode, but if call comes on any of the #, other becomes unreachable till the time you're on call.

Dual Active : both the nos. remain active, even when you're on call. if you're talking on one # and call is coming on other, you'll have the notification & option to receive the call..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_SIM

• Like 2

I would like to purchase a Dual Sim with active.... No problem of budget... But need 1 st sim as 3g GSM Sim & 2 nd Sim card as CDMA Sim Card...

if i'm not wrong, no such dual sim handset is available which support cdma on 2nd slot..

Sadly no.. there are few samsung handsets, of course, gsm+gsm, which supports 3g on both the SIMs (personally tested, samsung galaxy y 6102 & samsung galaxy duos 2 s7582)

Guys was browsing gsmarena about HTC Desire 700 saw a few comments which talked about call drop issue on the mobile.Has anyone used this mobile any hands on experience about this phone.Any inputs are welcome

TIA

Moto e support 3g on either of sim. Means data enabled sim automatically become 3g. Be it in first or second slot.

• Like 4