Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sandeepjaipur

How to connect Internet using phone modem in Android Phones

Hi,

Recently I have purchased Samsung EPIC 4 G S and it have EVDO Activated.

Pl clear my debuts. Thanks in advance. :)

1. How to connect Internet on my laptop using phone via usb cable, earlier I was able to connect samsung NPS software. sending sms also possible thru NPS.

2. How to check whether my phone having EVDO activated, being internet speed is very low, I sent an email to CC for EVDO activation, and received reply that process completed.

3. How to send sms from my laptop thru phone, I searched few application and it works with Internet connection only (phone must be connected to internet), Is any app available which connect my phone using bluetooth and send sms from laptop.

once again thanks,

hi connecting pc to inter through phone is quite easy... which windows are you using? XP / win 7? all you need to do is install usb drivers... here is the link...

after installing the drivers, connect your device to the laptop / pc through usb go to settings -> wireless & network -> tethering & portable hotsopt, & activate "USB TETHERING"

thats it internet connected to pc... start surfing...

about checking evdo go to settings -> about -> status you will find network type... it should show EVDO-rev 'A' if it shows 'A' thats activated if shows EVDO-rev '0' then yet to be activated.. one more thing your handset should also be configured for evdo... consult your seller for the same...

for sending sms through laptop / pc you canuse "AIRDROID" most lite easy and best app i have been through for such applications... awesome... take care buddy...

• Like 2

If your lappy has WiFi then just turn on WiFi hotspot of your phone and connect with it. Make sure that internet is on , on your phone and 3g sign is visible.

The method outlined by K is how you will connect via USB tethering option.

GWizzing on beautifully :) and freakin loving it.

^

In addition to above method of USB tethering, you can make use of your phone's wifi hotspot to share its internet. To make the wifi safe, use a WEP/WPA password to protect any unwanted access.

Connecting through usb is more advantageous... it keeps charging the phone... which is more better considering a smart phone that drinks battery like water... ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your kind reply.

about checking evdo go to settings -> about -> status you will find network type... it should show EVDO-rev 'A' if it shows 'A' thats activated if shows EVDO-rev '0' then yet to be activated.. one more thing your handset should also be configured for evdo... consult your seller for the same...

I checked the Network, It shows "Sprint" and other one shows "connected"

tomorrow I will call to my seller.

for sending sms through laptop / pc you canuse "AIRDROID" most lite easy and best app i have been through for such applications... awesome... take care buddy...

thanks, I checked the app and found it require internet connection, I want simple app which not require to connect internet, need to connect phone using bluetooth / usb and send the sms using PC software like my earlier Samsung NPS.

No buddy this thing does not require internet... you just have to be connected through wifi or usb ... I'm using this since a long time... I remember i also saw a tutorial video for he same will post the link once i get back...

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

Kunal, you are right that wifi drains battery like anything. Still, if you don't have the Samsung driver installed on a laptop, it is always handy to use wifi tethering.

I often go for wifi tethering from my phone to any laptop at my office while keeping my phone connected (for power) through USB cable. This does away with the need of installing the driver to each and every laptop.

This also simultaneously allows other few phones/laptops nearby to use my internet, if I provide them the access.

Here is a link how airdroid works...

i guess you doubt on this cause this thing works through internet explorer / firefox.. so you think this requires internet... but nothing like that... try disabling internet and then using this app... your qurey will be solved...

• Like 1