Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Suggestion required for Foreign Holiday

Hello friends...

Need suggestion for foreign holiday..

My inputs:

1. Probable date around nov 1st week or summer vacation.

2. Budget : 1-1.5lac for 2a+1c of 4yrs including everything for a 6-7 day tour

Help me on

1. Considering this is my 1st foreign holiday, should i prefer package tour or get my bookings done myself.

2. Considering I'm with a 4yr kid, am i right in preferring group package tour over individual customized package tour.

3. Which locations would be preferred in my parameters.

4. Which tour operator.

Tia

Sent from my Sac23/Chubbz Roms using Tapatalk 2

the budget is extremely limited considering current $ rate and inflation. however you can try either Hong Kong and one or two nearby places. Even you can consider Singapore or Dubai (need to check weather). Dubai can be for 3 to 4 days. you may also have to opt for budget airlines so that you have more to spend on other items.

You may able to get the package in that rate, but what about other add ons. Like in most packages, lunch is not included, park and ride fees, entrance fees etc.hotels may be cheaper compare to India but other overheads are more.

Day 1: take Metro to doorstep of Muruga temple, Batu caves

Day 2: take bus to Genting Highlands, the cable car ride is better than the theme park!

Day 3: butterfly park, Petronas tour

Day 3: take monorail to Lowyat Plaza, see padfone, Optimus G on sale! Electronics are cheaper than Singapore and more new models.

Checkout

Day 4: take bus to Malaka, see shah rukh khan statue!

Day 5: see Malaka on foot

Checkout

Day 6: choose among fireflies, Sunway lagoon by taxi ( see tripadvisor for reputed taxis)

Note bus terminals are like space age airports, recently renovated! Subscribe Airasia website for crazy offers: sometimes One Dollar Offers!

http://www.enidhi.net/2011/06/airasia-cheap-tickets-malaysia.html

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/verygoodpoints/2012/08/11/my-7-59-airline-ticket/

Edited by angeleyes
  • Like 2

This may , my father along with his group went to Europe for 18 days with cox & king, they paid 1.8 L includes all meals (3 meals except one day), hotel etc. I am sure in your budget you will get decent package, just don't rush.

I would suggest you to go at hong-kong as its the bestplace in ur budget!

Dubai may be costlier than it!

This may , my father along with his group went to Europe for 18 days with cox & king, they paid 1.8 L includes all meals (3 meals except one day), hotel etc. I am sure in your budget you will get decent package, just don't rush.

If it is possible to get this package then enjoy!!!! :smiley-bounce022:

Bhai he paid 1.8l for 1 person... V r 3 to be accommodated in same budget...

What I meant was 18 day, Europe in 1.8 k, means you have possibility to get good options.

I also admit that I misunderstood your budget as 1L per person Max.

Thanks all for responses... Seems I've to extend my budget... I'll better wait for summer vacations n start keeping find aside...

In the meanwhile, i was just talking to parinbhai yesterday n we thought why not make our own rimweb group for a foreign holiday?

At least we have like mined known friends..

Come on guys, pl post your reactions.. For me, we are a couple with a 4 yr kid n I'm flexible to 6-8 day holiday in summers or even Christmas holidays with all options that would fit in my budget...

dear hitesh

since this is first tour its best to go with a package as you are free from worries and tensions of finding the things getting tickets hotels etc

singapore with sentosha island can be a good option the main attractions are universal studio/sentosha island/city tour/bird park/night safari & of cource shopping

i went last august in a budget of approx 1.5 for 2+2kids 3 nights 4 days package pl call me if you want to discuss anything

jasmin shah

• Like 1

1. Considering this is my 1st foreign holiday, should i prefer package tour or get my bookings done myself.

You can book your own flight tickets. Plan each day in advance.

You can visit some travel agent to know more information about your destination. Then check online and then decide on your above question.

www.tripadvisior.in is your friend. Use this to decide on hotel/destination.

Try www.hotels.com for room rates/bookings and cleartrip.com for flight ticket rates. You will get a decent idea on budget within 15 minutes.

2. Considering I'm with a 4yr kid, am i right in preferring group package tour over individual customized package tour.

I dont know abt this

Definitely consider Dubai.

4. Which tour operator.

If I am not buying my own tickets/bookings then I would go with someone reliable/proven as it saves a lot of jhik-jhik

Consider Cox & kings

• Like 1

hitesh

give me your mail id i will forward the thomas cook quote with detailed plan to you for reference

j p shah

hitesh at moneyplus dot in

1. Probable date around nov 1st week or summer vacation.

2. Budget : 1-1.5lac for 2a+1c of 4yrs including everything for a 6-7 day tour

4. Which tour operator.

Hi Hitesh.

You have a good budget, don't worry. With my experience of 3-4 package tour and 2-3 self planned tour, I will try to answer your questions.

1, You should prefer package tour. After going out, specially with family and a small kid, you don't want to waste time in finding good (or Indian) food, cabs, locations. You will be confused what to seee and what to leave. You will spend almost 1/3rd of your day in logistics and trying things. It will be expensive also. Whereas in package tour, all the must visits places will be covered plus you have free days to cover your own preferred places and for shopping, etc. Just make sure you book your package with all means(if not, at least all dinners, breakfast is anyways included in all the plans), even if you pay 4k extra per person, you are going to save at leastt 15-20k in total.

2. I think it is covered in point one. No?

3. Location... depends, if you want a peaceful vacation, nothing comes close to Mauritius. If you want high rise building, brigt shining lights, massive infrastructures, lots of shopping of clothes, electronics - Singapore+Malaysia (one package) will be good. All these are will be in your budget.

4. Well, in Delhi, there is DPauls Travels. Don't know if you can coordicate with them from Jalgaon. They are quite good. At times, you will be upset of very minor things but when you come back you will not remember anything unpleasant. There are very reasonable too.

If you want to anything specific, please let me knopw here ot through PM. I have visited all the coutries suggested in my/ others' posts. :)

• Like 4

Thanks guys for your responses... I liked mgdelhis idea.. Mauritius seems a good choice..

Doing my research.. Would probably prefer group tour..

Tour operators tell you about guaranteed bookings. Get the same guarantee yourself. Printout or save electronic confirmation.

Save on commission taken by tour operator, airline, hotel!

Forget Europe , too cold. Forget package with children, too stressful. Go alone for package.

Self plan, ask on trip advisor forum, you will get all the loopholes (we love loopholes!)

I booked on crazy rate site for my friend in Lucknow. He got hotel worth 15000 per night for 3000!

He just came back and reported it was huge value for money!

Ive been on packages. Not much benefit.

Hot tip!

When booking on Air asia, book going and return tickets separate ly.

Because you have an offer of 3k for bali, you say yes for roundtrip and find you get socked for the return leg! Maybe even 7k. Making the fare not such a good deal.

Also never take on add ons, except meals (book ahead, especially veg, you can't buy on board unless they have surplus, highly unlikely!) First time i paid for useless stuff like early boarding, and seat neat window. Totally over priced.

http://www.nomad4ever.com/2010/11/24/12-tips-how-to-score-cheap-flight-tickets-with-airasia/

• Like 2