Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

How to stop SMS spam?

Earlier the companies used to pay the service provider for advertise sms.. Now that DND is in the service provider can't message you on behalf of its listed advertisers.. But that doesn't stop anyone from messaging you an ad from a private number.. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed

But the sender is a registered telemarketer

Look at the senders header <LM-HOLYHT>

By using India against spam app I have reduced my SMS spam practically nil.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Also.. To add.. Many of these people get our numbers from the competitions and forms that we enter while shopping in a Mall.. Whenever you give your contact details on a form.. There is a very high chance that the form collector will advertise his products or sell the information. Database to another company.. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Thats why, I used to give the SPAM number in those forms. One example for SPAM number is the one who sends "Your number has won 1000000GBP under Coca Cola Lottery. Please email your details to cola_lottery@yahoo.co.uk to claim".

By using India against spam app I have reduced my SMS spam practically nil.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

India against spam app..?? Never heard of it.. Will definitely give it a try.. Thanks joshm..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Finally Airtel registers my complaint. Lets see if there is some action within the committed 7 days

UCC Complaint Registration Status

Unique Complaint Number CDRGP30103402993

Your complaint for telephone number 98535xxxxx has been registered by Access Provider on date 03-01-2013.

Above information is provided based on the data submitted by Access Provider to TRAI. If your complaint is not resolved or information is not correct, please contact your Access Provider.

Let's hope this works out so that even we can do so in case need arises..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2